1.    #1  
    I've been holding out on SERO since January hoping the 700p will be offered with it for $399 with a 2yr. It seems it won't be.

Anyone know if this is true?

The 650 is $299 on the sero sight but I'm sure I can get it for $199 like the business sight has it for.

I can't justify another 300 or $400 for a phone, I mostly just email.
    What's SERO?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino
    What's SERO?
    Sprint Employee Referral Offer

For more, try this thread.

Also SEARCH this forum and you'll get everything that you din't want to know about it.
    I'm going to try to order through phone sales or retention. It may help that I'm out of contract.
    I went through retention today and got a new plan and the 700p for only $399.99.
    I was told it wont come out until May 28th, but she'll contact me on that Monday morning and give me the discounted price. I guess going through retention pays off indeed. :-)
  6.    #6  
    Did you get SERO with the 700p for $399?

If you did could you please list exactly what you did. I am out of contract as well.

IF not did you just get a regular plan? please explain...
    No, I didnt get SERO. I just went through retention and told them I was going to cancel because I needed more minutes and the Treo 700. When I said that Verizon had one for 399.99, that's when they said they could offer it to me at that price. I had been out of contract since last year.
  8.    #8  
    I see, I wonder what would have happened if you had asked for SERO, do you know the name of the rep you called? And what number did you use?
    Quote Originally Posted by bvinson
    No, I didnt get SERO. I just went through retention and told them I was going to cancel because I needed more minutes and the Treo 700.
    You were threatening to cancel because you: a) Needed more minutes (you couldn't get more minutes just by upgrading your plan?), and b) *Needed* a 700p (what reason did you give for *needing* that?). Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard a sillier set of reasons for giving to the retentions department.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    You were threatening to cancel because you: a) Needed more minutes (you couldn't get more minutes just by upgrading your plan?), and b) *Needed* a 700p (what reason did you give for *needing* that?). Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard a sillier set of reasons for giving to the retentions department.
    I actually did want more minutes. I was already on a retention plan that the contract ran out on, so the plans that I could have upgraded to wouldnt have been as nice, plus I had grandfathered unlimited text messaging already.

I told her that my company required me to upgrade to a newer model.
    They may seem silly, but it worked for me so I'm not complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen
    I see, I wonder what would have happened if you had asked for SERO, do you know the name of the rep you called? And what number did you use?
    I dont have the reps name, but I originally got a regular CS rep, and asked them to transfer me to retention. He asked why, then made the transfer.
    <moved - Sprint retention threads to appropiate forum>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions