Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    SO I'm on the phone with the Sprint Business Rep...

He is telling me the new 700p, and all new phones will require the "POWER Vision" Plan... which is different than my current 'Vision' plan, where i have unlimited access to web/email/text messages.

Can anyone confirm this, or comment on this?

THis would sure take the wind out of my sail... if all this waiting was for a new phone, with a NEW PLAN, with a charge for using the same thing things I now use for free with my 600.

Anyone have any thoughts on this, and I appologize if this isn't the right place for this, or the thread already exists.

henry
    Yes, it is true. But if you have SERO plan, they can turn on the power vision for you FREE.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you. WHATS SERO? I have been with sprint for 10 years, with Vison, and love the free net usage. What do I ask for?

Many thanks for any reply.

henry
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I have been paying $10 for Vision.

PowerVision will be $15 and will include EV-DO speeds where available.

Not sure why your 'free' plan should be ending. . . . .
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Ok, I have read a lot of posts about this sero plan, and one thing that still I can't understand is whether an existing customer can change his plan to sero. I have seen some post saying yes, and some saying no, so any definitive answer? Thanks a lot
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryFriedman
    SO I'm on the phone with the Sprint Business Rep...

He is telling me the new 700p, and all new phones will require the "POWER Vision" Plan... which is different than my current 'Vision' plan, where i have unlimited access to web/email/text messages.

Can anyone confirm this, or comment on this?

THis would sure take the wind out of my sail... if all this waiting was for a new phone, with a NEW PLAN, with a charge for using the same thing things I now use for free with my 600.
    Sounds like the Rep wants to make a sale to me, I plan on buying the Treo 700p cash at Fry's and then just doing a simple ESN swap. I want to keep my current plan with unlimited Vision and SMS. I've did this with my 650
    I talked to a Sprint biz rep the other day, was told can upgrade Vision - PowerVision for another $5, no obligation to upgrade (or renew) contract. Of course, Sprint (and other companies) vary their policies a lot depending on the rep you get, but I am pretty confident you can just upgrade to PV without messing up the rest of your plan.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Yea just do an esn swap thats all. because i sometimes switch my treo wit a nokia that doesnt even have vision when im gettin my treo repaired or something, and i never change my plan. Just be sure you dont activate it in the store, just call in but you probably missout on any upgrade rebates if you do it this way. Because I am definitely not upgrading my plan to $20 power vision w/ picture & videomail and $15 unlimited sms when im payin $10 for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by antwone
    Yea just do an esn swap thats all. because i sometimes switch my treo wit a nokia that doesnt even have vision when im gettin my treo repaired or something, and i never change my plan. Just be sure you dont activate it in the store, just call in but you probably missout on any upgrade rebates if you do it this way. Because I am definitely not upgrading my plan to $20 power vision w/ picture & videomail and $15 unlimited sms when im payin $10 for everything.
    Agreed. Unless Sprint is implementing a change to their CS system that forces Power Vision phones to be set-up with a PV plan, anyone with a standard Vision account gets access to Power Vision speed & features by doing a simple ESN swap. No other plan changes are necessary.
    call and talk to retentions about that. Tell them you want to get the 700p but that you're going to lose your $10 vision + $5 text plan. I did and they ended up giving me a 15% extra off my bill a month which he said would only make it an extra $2 a month.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=981506#981506
    SERO was supposed to be for a 2yr contract on a NEW line of service.

Some people got otherwise
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    so, is the 5 bucks upgrade for power vision "it"? services are the same, e.g., unlimited data, sms, etc.... just faster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

The real question is "How do I find the necessary "friend" for the SERO referral?"
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    so, is the 5 bucks upgrade for power vision "it"? services are the same, e.g., unlimited data, sms, etc.... just faster?
    The Power Vision plans do not include SMS.

If you want unlimited SMS, which you will need if you use around 20 or so text messages per day, it will run you another $15.

Everyone I've spoken to at Sprint has said they are seriously cracking down on simple ESN swaps from Vision to Power Vision devices.

Worse, they might swap a grandfathered Vision plan on you (to a Power Vision plan) without your knowledge. That specific field is validated against currently available options and once it is changed cannot be changed back. This particularly affects grandfathered Vision accounts. EAYOR!

--
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden

Yep. Just dial *2, and if the rep doesn't know of the plan, nicely ask them to look, it will pop up in their system.

After getting BlackBerry Connect to work on my 650 today, I went ahead and signed up for SERO, switching out of my current plan (which had add a phone). Previously I had $50 Fair and Flex for 700 min, $5 extra per 100 min, $15 Vision Professional Pack (Biz Connection + unlimited SMS + Pics) and $20 for add a phone (which had no vision or other extras). That $85 a month typically billed at $100 with taxes and typically a $5 charge for extra minutes.

Now, for $65 a month (pre tax) both phones will have 500 minutes, both with vision services, I tagged on 100 sms for myself, and was told it wouldn't affect hardware upgrade eligibility.

Also, now that I signed up for a two-year extention, I should be able to get the $150 discount on my 650 that was kicked back in January for not flipping on a new two-year plan.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial
    call and talk to retentions about that. Tell them you want to get the 700p but that you're going to lose your $10 vision + $5 text plan. I did and they ended up giving me a 15% extra off my bill a month which he said would only make it an extra $2 a month.

Call back. They have a free unlimted text option, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial

Did the same myself today, except I got 25% off my bill. And nights/weekends are now 7pm instead of 9pm. And both my 2nd and 3rd lines are free now (2nd was free, 3rd I was paying $20).

Plus I added a corporate discount of 27% yesterday.

And my loyalty discount of 10% remains in effect

And now there's a chance I won't have to upgrade my free unlimited vision plan by doing a simple ESN swap?

This keeps getting better and better!!!
    Why do I have Verizon again???
    "Can you hear me now?"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast