Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dudes/dudettes: I keep reading that Sprint charges differently for vision & powervision. Why don't we try this: get the 700P, call to activate but DO NOT change your plan (assuming of course that you have vision already). See what happens. I've done this with two phones on my accounts (samsung A900). Both new phones get EVDO speeds and my bill hasn't changed. Of course I'll do the same thing when I get the 700P ASAP. Just a thought.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Going to try to accomplish the same thing as PAM. If I get a warning letter or a big bill, I'll play dumb...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Dudes/dudettes: I keep reading that Sprint charges differently for vision & powervision. Why don't we try this: get the 700P, call to activate but DO NOT change your plan (assuming of course that you have vision already). See what happens. I've done this with two phones on my accounts (samsung A900). Both new phones get EVDO speeds and my bill hasn't changed. Of course I'll do the same thing when I get the 700P ASAP. Just a thought.
    Things are changing at Sprint. CSRs are being told not to activate--not even an ESN swap--a Power Vision device unless it has a Power Vision plan. Their CRM systems are already being tweaked to enforce this (they should already pop up a warning message to CSRs).

If you do that, one of four things can happen:

1.) They will make the swap and not inform you that they've changed your Vision code to a Power Vision code. Once that happens there is NO WAY for them to re-enter that code. You may or may not lose bargaining power when trying to negotiate a price discount after-the-fact.

2.) They will not allow the swap, but will offer you some sort of discount or rebate to make up for the difference. This might depend upon your contract status, profitability, length of time as a customer, and whether or not the Moon is aligned with Mercury.

3.) They will not allow the swap and refuse to negotiate it any further (aside from changing your plan). Hang up if this happens!

4.) I believe this is going to happen less-and-less, but as CSRs are human and humans do bend rules, they might just allow the swap without issue.

The only question is, do you feel lucky? Well, do ya'?

--
    Mike
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    If your really worried about how this is going to play out... try to set up one of the current power vision phones without switching your plan to power vision. If they say no problem then just say I'm not ready but thanks. If they won't do it, then you'll know.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    If your really worried about how this is going to play out... try to set up one of the current power vision phones without switching your plan to power vision. If they say no problem then just say I'm not ready but thanks. If they won't do it, then you'll know.
    The problem with this, Mike, is that they might not give any indication that they are indeed changing my Vision code (option #1, above). I know of instances where this has happened even though the customer emphatically stated that they did not want to lose their old Vision plan.

OTOH, if I'm lucky enough to get a CSR willing to make the swap, I'd hate to waste it on a "dry run."

But seriously, as a longtime Sprint customer, I think, if nothing else, that retention will take care of me.

Good gawd, I have my 650 running like a well-tuned machine and here I am getting pulled towards a new device. I really thought I outgrew that behavior...

--
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1
    Why do I have Verizon again???
    ..Perhaps because you prefer your commercials with nerds wearing glasses rather than trenchcoats?

..or maybe you just don't think you're getting "good" unlimited data on your Treo unless you pay around $50 bucks for it? (that cut-rate $10 unlimited data at Sprint must be defective, maybe we only get 1/5th of the HTML).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The suckers...
    at&t iPhone3G
    Well I was on the phone today with business retention for sprint, because I am about to place an order for da 700p. But they noted on my acct. that i dont have to change to a power vision plan. cuz i have the $10 unlimited vision and unlimited sms. on my $50/1500 mins plan. I was also offered the sero plan the $50/1250 but both reps told me it wasnt worth it. just to get power vision when i have a better now. And told me when i do purchase the 700p just call up and and give them todays date so they kno what was noted. and Ive called 3 more times today to be sure that it was noted. so if u you got the grandfathered vision stick with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    "Can you hear me now?"
    No...I can't
    at&t iPhone3G
    Si I talked to a rep who initally said when I get a powervision phone, I would HAVE TO change my plan to the higher prced powervision plan - I would LOSE my $10 a month unlimited data, text, picturemail plan. I said WHAT??? Incomplained & said that is not fair. He put me on hold for like 20 minutes & came back with good news - on June first I would automatically be upgraded to Powervision & keep the $10 price for unlimited data, web, picturemail that I had before. The only difference is that witht the new powervision, unlimited text is $8 BUT they will put a $8 cedit on my account each month!!! YAAYYY! Point is, it can be done. There is no official way to enter in some codes, but with the right rep & some ingenuity, it can be done!!! Keep calling back until you find the right person to help you...
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    Sounds like the Rep wants to make a sale to me, I plan on buying the Treo 700p cash at Fry's and then just doing a simple ESN swap. I want to keep my current plan with unlimited Vision and SMS. I've did this with my 650
    You wont be able to. With the 700P you have to be on the powervison plan
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    The real question is "How do I find the necessary "friend" for the SERO referral?"
    How hard would it be to search Google for a Sprint employee email address?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makad
    You wont be able to. With the 700P you have to be on the powervison plan
    No you don't ,I am on a Unlimited Vision Plan with unlimited text messages with a 700p having No issues getting evdo etc. (No extra charges)

Its getting a CSR to just to do ESN change without changing the plan, not the plan type(vision v powervision) is the "problem"
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    all you need is a sprint employee's email address for SERO? you don't have to prove you even know their first and last name, etc etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
    all you need is a sprint employee's email address for SERO? you don't have to prove you even know their first and last name, etc etc?
    Read this thread, it's long, but worth the read:http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106778
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12