Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After viewing the SERO deal, I called Sprint to see what sort of deal I could get if I signed up for a new 2-year contract. I currently have three phones and here is the "loyalty" plan that the rep offered me for $75/month:

1200 shared minutes between all three phones
    Nights starting at 7:00
    Unlimited phone to phone
    Power vision on my new Samsung A900 (which the rep sold me for $149)
    Vision on my current Treo 600 (she said I will get a $150 credit on the 700p if I choose to upgrade)

I thought this was one hell of a deal so I jumped at it. BTW, I have been with Sprint since 2001.
    [QUOTE=NateBracey]After viewing the SERO deal, I called Sprint to see what sort of deal I could get if I signed up for a new 2-year contract. I currently have three phones and here is the "loyalty" plan that the rep offered me for $75/month:

1200 shared minutes between all three phones
    Nights starting at 7:00
    Unlimited phone to phone
    Power vision on my new Samsung A900 (which the rep sold me for $149)
    Vision on my current Treo 600 (she said I will get a $150 credit on the 700p if I choose to upgrade)

Three lines - it's almost a wash - nights at 7 is good if you really need it.
    Does the third phone get data?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I did the same thing yesterday I only have one phone I got:

1500 Minutes (nights and weekends start at 7PM)
    The Power Vision Plus Pack -unlimited imaging (i.e. MMS), and Sprint TV Plus (streaming content from ABC News, Fuel, Fuse, Fox News/Sports, etc.)
    Unlimited Texts
    Insurance
    $150 Upgrade

all for $60 (been a Sprint user since '98)
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    may have to look into this. i've been with them since 98 myself and i've been "contract-less" since 2002.
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    1SFG,
    It should be noted that I still had a year left on my current contract, so I don't think it makes a difference.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Yeah they took care of me with the SERO plan and they gave me free nights and weekends at 7:00 (no charge) and unlimited text for 5.00... Also, they gave me a 20 percent loyalty discount on all my bills... Your best bet is to be really nice... compliment them... and tell them you are a long time customer and will continue to be a long time customer... I started with them in 98 as well...

It all depends on the rep that you get and how nice they want to be with you... some will be very generous...
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    wow, those are great plans. i have been with them since 2000 and have been out of contract since the beginning of the new year. i'm happy with my setup w/ 2 lines, but could use a nice discount like that 20% one. and no charge for upgrading to Power Vision when i get a 700p.
    All Sprint users are doing themselves a terrible disservice by not checking out the following thread:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=243068

Be sure to check out Pages 1 and 94. There are some INCREDIBLE deals to be had--apparently, SERO is just the tip of the iceberg. There's one guy on this forum (see Page 26) who has the following plan:

$30 SERO + $6 insurance
    less $5 customer loyalty
    less $10 dropped call credit (call 20 times, get 50 cents per call)
    less $5 ebill monthly credit
    less $9 25% corporate discount
    free 500 text msgs
    free m2m
    free power vision

$7 a month with insurance or $1 without + taxes
    I had a similar experience...got to keep my 2000 minutes shared on 2 lines for $85 and to compensate for having to pay $15 to upgrade to PowerVision, she gave me a 20% discount for the next two years on my total bill. I think being nice (and saying I was considering moving to Verizon because they already have the 700) helped.

I also got them to commit to match Verizon's price (whatever it was) once the 700p came out, which I thought was a real coup, until I saw that I can get the same price ($399) anyway when I sign for 2 more years.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    yeah rickmeister, thats the plan that i have for 2 lines, the old 2000 minute plans, only probs is i have 2 insurances on them (thats like another 12 bucks) then i have unlimted nights and weekends at $10 and then nights and weekends at 7pm for an additional $5. all said and done, my $85 plan costs me $125. so since i am out of contract, i'm gonna have to hustle them fot that 20% discount, and hopefully no charge for Power Vision on 1 line. that would be hot
    finally after calling about 7 times i got my zero plan today!! dont get discouraged just keep trying until you get a nice rep and then stroke their ego a l'il and you'll get it. the irony about this is all the reps that sounded nice either knew nothing of what i was talking about or where not willing to do anything for me, the one that i thought sounded "mean" was the one who was very knowledgable of sero and gave it to me with no hassle,just keep trying..............you'll get it!!
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Is this a good deal?
    I got unlimited PAM, powervision, picturemail, videomail, sprint tv, and text messaging for $39.99/month (not including my voice plan...still working on that(sorry, ot for the sero plan thread )
    $40 not including voice? That doesn't sound great.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    But it does include unlimited vision (evdo), tethering, etc, I thought I added it up and it sounded good? Well, I am here to get an opinion, anyway!
    SERO is $30 w/500 minutes, mobile-to-mobile, and unlimited Ev-DO. So you got the PAM add-on, too? SERO doesn't include that. If you *could* add PAM to SERO, it should cost another $25 ($55/month total).
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    SERO is $30 w/500 minutes, mobile-to-mobile, and unlimited Ev-DO. So you got the PAM add-on, too? SERO doesn't include that. If you *could* add PAM to SERO, it should cost another $25 ($55/month total).
    Umm whats PAM? Is that like DUN?
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    Umm whats PAM? Is that like DUN?
    PAM= Phone As Modem. Yes.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    PAM= Phone As Modem. Yes.
    gotcha.. thanks... I figured it had something to do with that..
    I would be interested to know what other retention plans users may have here. I'm in a similar solution with 5 shared lines of which 3 ar out of contract. I've been waiting for the 700p to get released before renegotiating and I hope to at least lower my current month bill of about 155 bucks for 2000AT, UL N/W, UL 7pm, free PCS-PCS, roaming, UL sms, Pic Mail, VC, and 3 phones with vision (out of 5). I want to somehow keep all that plus upgrade to powervision, inc AT minutes and even lower the MRC? I dunno if all that is possilbe though...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I would be interested to know what other retention plans users may have here. I'm in a similar solution with 5 shared lines of which 3 ar out of contract. I've been waiting for the 700p to get released before renegotiating and I hope to at least lower my current month bill of about 155 bucks for 2000AT, UL N/W, UL 7pm, free PCS-PCS, roaming, UL sms, Pic Mail, VC, and 3 phones with vision (out of 5). I want to somehow keep all that plus upgrade to powervision, inc AT minutes and even lower the MRC? I dunno if all that is possilbe though...
    Make sure to check out the link I posted earlier in this thread. Once you add your "corporate discount" of 27%, your MRC will drop like a rock.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast