Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    My Sprint account goes back to 2003. It has 2500 minutes on 3-phones, U/L SMS, internet, n&w, etc etc for around $100/month.

    Anyway, if I upgraded to an EV-DO phone how much would I need to pay for each phone to have EV-DO?

    Right now it's the "Sprint PCS Add-a-phone with Vision." I believe the Vision back is the "Sprint PCS Picture Pack," and like I said this plan is from 2003.
  2. #2  
    It's my understanding that if you have a Vision service already, when you upgrade your phone to one that is EVDO compatable you do not have to pay anything extra for Power Vision. Maybe I am wrong though...
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyAlive
    It's my understanding that if you have a Vision service already, when you upgrade your phone to one that is EVDO compatable you do not have to pay anything extra for Power Vision. Maybe I am wrong though...
    Incorrect..this was true when evdo first rolled out but the put a stop to it.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Incorrect..this was true when evdo first rolled out but the put a stop to it.

    Areyou sure, I jsut talked to a Sprint CS rep just yesterday about this, and they said that Powervision cost the same as regular vision if I upgraded to a new powervision phone...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Areyou sure, I jsut talked to a Sprint CS rep just yesterday about this, and they said that Powervision cost the same as regular vision if I upgraded to a new powervision phone...
    I suppose they might be able to bend the rules but when I talked to 3 supervisors upon getting my 6700 I had to add power vision. $15 for first line, $7.50 for second.

    Posts in 6700 forums support this view as well.

    YMMV
  6. #6  
    Vision = $15 (w/ picture package). Power Vision = $15. I pay the same for EVDO on my 6700. Not sure about multi-phone pricing though...
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Not sure about multi-phone pricing though...
    see above
  8. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Areyou sure, I jsut talked to a Sprint CS rep just yesterday about this, and they said that Powervision cost the same as regular vision if I upgraded to a new powervision phone...
    However power vision packs do not include sms anymore, and the $15 PowerVision pack doesn't include picturemail.

    The PowerVision pack with picturemail is $25 (don't know if you can get picture mail a la carte)

    Unlimited SMS is $15 or 500 for $8.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  9. #9  
    If you have the SERO plan you are covered

    Sprint Employee Referral Offer 500

    Sprint Vision or Power Vision Included Free
    Transform your wireless experience from functional to fantastic with features and content that are very visual, extra entertaining, and perfectly personalized. Customers who choose a Power Vision(sm) or Sprint PCS Vision(sm) phone will also receive: - Unlimited Web access - Unlimited email and instant messaging - AOL, MSN and Yahoo - Unlimited Sprint PCS Picture Mail(sm) with Video Mail
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Franko515; 05/14/2006 at 06:40 AM.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    However power vision packs do not include sms anymore, and the $15 PowerVision pack doesn't include picturemail.

    The PowerVision pack with picturemail is $25 (don't know if you can get picture mail a la carte)

    Unlimited SMS is $15 or 500 for $8.

    Actually with my 6700 EVDO plan the $15 did cover picture mail. Since the only way you could use picturemail was with a hack I called and told them I could not use picturemail with that phone they took 10% off my bill monthly. I don't know if I got lucky or what. I think it all depends on who you talk to over there.

    (Just checked on Sprint's website. You need the Power Vision Plus pack for picturemail. $20 a month.)
    Last edited by Bad Ash; 05/14/2006 at 11:00 AM.

Posting Permissions