1.    #1  
    hi guys,
    i'm happy with 1.12a, just that recently, lots of resets, it just resets itself, gives following in error log:
    "a reset was caused while runnign "phone"

AceSystemInterfaceLayer.cpp, Line:458,Invalid Audio Profile"

i thought it might be my bluetooth, since this "audio profile" shows up in the log. i have tried many times, to delete my bluetooth earpiece and readd it anew. but doesnt help.

please tell me:
    1) about 1.13 stability, etc.
    2) the fat32 system u guys talk about--what's it for?
    3) this new extra fast blazer, can sprint customers get it or not.

i dont want to upgrade and then regret it: i run: medical software, verichat, yahoo mail, etc. also, is there a nice upgrade thread u can point me to? specific for sprint??
    thanks, i searched.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashvash
    hi guys,
    i'm happy with 1.12a, just that recently, lots of resets, it just resets itself, gives following in error log:
    "a reset was caused while runnign "phone"

AceSystemInterfaceLayer.cpp, Line:458,Invalid Audio Profile"

i thought it might be my bluetooth, since this "audio profile" shows up in the log. i have tried many times, to delete my bluetooth earpiece and readd it anew. but doesnt help.

please tell me:
    1) about 1.13 stability, etc.
    3) this new extra fast blazer, can sprint customers get it or not.

i dont want to upgrade and then regret it: i run: medical software, verichat, yahoo mail, etc. also, is there a nice upgrade thread u can point me to? specific for sprint??
    thanks, i searched.
    1: 1.13a has been very stable on my phone
    2: FAT32 is not part of the stock 1.13a release, you must do a custom ROM to get it
    3: Same as #2, but not available for a Sprint Treo

Have you done a clean re-installation of all your apps (hard reset, re-install selected apps) to try and resolve your reset issues? Here is the link to the Palm download for the 1.13a update.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Quote Originally Posted by ashvash
    hi guys,
    So you can use a 4GB SD card, rather than being limited to 2GB. I haven't tried this yet myself.
    my Sprint phone came with 1.13a, so I don't know any better - but my phone has been very stable. I always wonder why people complain so much about resets as mine rarely does - and if it does, I know exactly why.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the quick response guys!!

i have been apprehensive about doin the upgrade because i had some problems back in january. calls were goin straight to voicemail..i had done my clean install and everything. went to the store and got a replacement unit, which worked okay for the first day, the second day i got all excited and put in 1.13 and the latest PRL. and thing went back to the same, calls goin to VM and all. i again went to the store and got yet another replacement unit, and then decided to leave things as they were.

so, currently:
    i have 1.12a and PRL #10029

also, sprint has confirmed for me that my house, my exact street address, is a "network hole for them".. and sprint doesnt have the best service to begin with(i live in queens nyc).. i notice, even outside the house, the signal will go from 4 to 0 bars for a few secs, and then bounce back up. when this happens, calls go staright to VM.

i am nervous:i want the 1.13, the custom ROM, the latest PRL, but if calls start goin to VM, like before, i will freak out guys. it was such a huuuuge headache. please advise guys.

thanks, as always..

ashy
    I don't really see how 1.13a and the latest PRL will do anything but help, IMO.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    If Sprint says your address is in a known black hole, then updating to 1.13a is not likely to cure your calls being sent to VM problem. Of course, it wont hurt to do the update either.

I have similar Sprint reception issues where I live to, and have been looking into getting a PCS booster for the house.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI