1.    #1  
    Okay, I'm really perturbed about this...

About a month and a half ago, I go into my local Sprint store to have my 650 checked out. There wasn't really anything major wrong with it except that occasionally the I wasn't able to connect to vision for some reason. The "conneting to vision" dialog box would popup and just seem to hang but never connect. The only solution would be to soft reset and try again which woudn't alwasys work either...

Anyway the Sprint rep as the store did some kind of diagnotics on the Treo and they offerred to give a replacement immediately (I have the $6 TEP). I had to wait a week to get the refurb, and I figured what the heck since I pay for the insurance for just this type of reason...

Anyway, I get my refrub treo a week later and start using it. I install the latest firmwarea etc as well as fat32 driver that I had on my previous 650 and basically just restore it via backupman. It works fine at first and then all the problem began! It turns out, the the new refurb 650 is unstable as hell!!! For no inadvertant reasons I keep getting these stupid soft resets caused by "dbcache write errors" as stated by the ##377 error logs. These happen all the freaking time now!! They never happenned as often on my previous 650.

I went back to the Sprint store to complain and get it replaced, but this time they woudn't saying it 'passed' all their diagnotics and blaming it on 3rd party software i have installed! I was sooo pissed! There is nothing wrong with the apps I have installed on the 650. In fact there were the same apps I had installed on the previous 650 and they had never caused such instability before! The problem is that for some reason the dbcache on this particular 650 I am currently using has more write errors. It will reset when I'm not even using the treo, when it's off, when I'm on call, when ever, and it is always the same error..."dbcache write error"!

Anyway, this is just a waring to all TEP users who may nonchalantly accept a replacement refurb offerred from Sprint. If there is nothing really wrong with the Treo you have currently, do NOT just accept a refurb becase teh refurb Treo you get may be WORSE or buggier than the one you have now!! Thus, not all Treo's are created equal unfortunately...

As it stands now, I think I may regretably have to purposefully brick my Treo with a bad custon rom for Sprint to replace it. I don't want to, but it seems it might be my only alternative...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I had the same problem with my treo, wasn't connecting to vision.
    Went in the store and told them the problem and also that I won't settle for a refurb and they said no problem and handed me a brand spankin new T650.
    <s></s>
    Have you at least performed a hard reset and tried it without 3rd party SW? Don't get, me wrong, I had the same response from them ("it's 3rd party SW") when my previous Treo would intermittently recognize SD card. I was pissed too, but did the reset and showed them the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Okay, I'm really perturbed about this...

About a month and a half ago, I go into my local Sprint store to have my 650 checked out. There wasn't really anything major wrong with it except that occasionally the I wasn't able to connect to vision for some reason. The "conneting to vision" dialog box would popup and just seem to hang but never connect. The only solution would be to soft reset and try again which woudn't alwasys work either...

Anyway the Sprint rep as the store did some kind of diagnotics on the Treo and they offerred to give a replacement immediately (I have the $6 TEP). I had to wait a week to get the refurb, and I figured what the heck since I pay for the insurance for just this type of reason...

Anyway, I get my refrub treo a week later and start using it. I install the latest firmwarea etc as well as fat32 driver that I had on my previous 650 and basically just restore it via backupman. It works fine at first and then all the problem began! It turns out, the the new refurb 650 is unstable as hell!!! For no inadvertant reasons I keep getting these stupid soft resets caused by "dbcache write errors" as stated by the ##377 error logs. These happen all the freaking time now!! They never happenned as often on my previous 650.

I went back to the Sprint store to complain and get it replaced, but this time they woudn't saying it 'passed' all their diagnotics and blaming it on 3rd party software i have installed! I was sooo pissed! There is nothing wrong with the apps I have installed on the 650. In fact there were the same apps I had installed on the previous 650 and they had never caused such instability before! The problem is that for some reason the dbcache on this particular 650 I am currently using has more write errors. It will reset when I'm not even using the treo, when it's off, when I'm on call, when ever, and it is always the same error..."dbcache write error"!

Anyway, this is just a waring to all TEP users who may nonchalantly accept a replacement refurb offerred from Sprint. If there is nothing really wrong with the Treo you have currently, do NOT just accept a refurb becase teh refurb Treo you get may be WORSE or buggier than the one you have now!! Thus, not all Treo's are created equal unfortunately...

As it stands now, I think I may regretably have to purposefully brick my Treo with a bad custon rom for Sprint to replace it. I don't want to, but it seems it might be my only alternative...