1.    #1  
    don't know much about amp'd mobile but I thought I remember reading somewhere that it uses verizon's network. hate the name, but $99.00 / mo for unlimited minutes forever seems interesting. they only have a handful of phones to choose from. not bad looking, but definitely no treos!! if amp'd does work off of the verizon network, I wonder if some flavor treo can be made to work with the service?
    -- berto
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I have heard that you can activate VZW phones on Amp'd network, but that data doesn't work. Does anyone know if this is true or if there is a way to get data to work. I would do this in a heartbeat!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bertopl View Post
    don't know much about amp'd mobile but I thought I remember reading somewhere that it uses verizon's network. hate the name, but $99.00 / mo for unlimited minutes forever seems interesting. they only have a handful of phones to choose from. not bad looking, but definitely no treos!! if amp'd does work off of the verizon network, I wonder if some flavor treo can be made to work with the service?
    It am an Amp'd Customer Paying $99 Unlimited (cell and Data) its a great deal even better because they Verizon Towers ! (razr)

Matched with my Sero Treo plan its a great combo

1st Quarter of the new year they will be getting the "Q" if your looking for Smart Phone / PDA
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Well I know all about the Q, had one for VZW, well actually had 4 that I had to take back. I gave up my 700w for a Q thinking it was a good device, finally VZW replaced my Q with another 700w, I had gone threw 4 Q's each with some issue and finally they agreed to just give me a 700 again. I am almost tempted to just activate my 700w on Amp'd and live with voice and text and wait till someone else gets data working or they get a better smartphone
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.