Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    They snuck this into my plan details after I got the card:

"Calls Made On PCS Connection Cards with Voice Capability Will Incur a Charge Of $.20 Per Minute"

I heard they were developing software to detect this. Don't know if it's in place yet.
    I don't understand what that means. Like using something like Skype or voice chatting with a friend on AIM is against the TOS with your Sprint broadband connection?

I find that ridiclious because you're paying for the bandwidth. It would be like if Comcast said you couldn't use Skype.

From your post area, your EVDO connection card varies from broadband to 56k speeds? Ugh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
    I don't understand what that means. Like using something like Skype or voice chatting with a friend on AIM is against the TOS with your Sprint broadband connection?

I find that ridiclious because you're paying for the bandwidth. It would be like if Comcast said you couldn't use Skype.

From your post area, your EVDO connection card varies from broadband to 56k speeds? Ugh?
    Trying to find the link. Think it was Engadget. VOIP calls, including Skype would be subject to additional charges. Software was coming soon to Sprint to detect this type of data from your card. Comcast's primary business is not their digital phone service. So it does not affect them as much.

Don't shoot the messenger. I don't mch care for it myself.

My speed varies (greatly & frequently) from dial-up, to near DSL. Speed changes sometimes minute to minute. Or steady for 20 minutes.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Software was coming soon to Sprint to detect this type of data from your card.
    Please post your souce. I've been following this closely and have seen no indication of this.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Please post your souce. I've been following this closely and have seen no indication of this.
    Searching. I swear I didn't make it up.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Searching. I swear I didn't make it up.
    I can not find a definitive source. Just rumors & blogs. I withdraw the statement. I still know I read it somewhere.

Sorry for any confusion.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Sprint has 3 EVDO cards. Whcih one would you recommend and why? Thanks in adavnce

Sprint Mobile Broadband Connection Card (PC-5740)

Sprint Mobile Broadband Connection Card by Sierra Wireless™ (AirCard® 580)

Sprint Mobile Broadband Connection Card by Novatel Wireless™ (Merlin S620)
    I have the Merlin S620, cause that was the one we got for free
    Well behaved women rarely make history
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123