1.    #1  
    Two questions about this new plan:

1. Are there plans to allow the Treo 650 to be the "parent" phone?

2. I've always thought that cell phones (the T650 included) did not have GPS (utilizing satellites) but had a modified version that triangulates a location based on position relative to cell towers. In this section, however, (https://sfl.sprintpcs.com/finder-spr...y/moreInfo.htm), it clearly is listed as GPS technology. Does this mean there is a GPS receiver in the Treo 650 and if so, can this be used for location-based apps?
    I looked at the list of phones for this program & the 650 IS listed as a Phone for this. My wife saw it & wants to track me instead of the kids...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    All new model phones released by Sprint since June '05, have GPS capabilities. This is part of the E911 requirements. And in most cases, no, you can not access this feature yourself from your phone for mapping purposes. These newer phones have an added icon. Looks like rifle scope crosshairs. On most phones you can turn this on / off. On the Treo 650, it will add a little red hash mark through the crosshairs telling you it's off. But it does not stop law enforcement agencies from locating you. Only stops your jealous wife / girlfriend / boyfriend / husband from tracking you down.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-