Hi all,

I live in zip code 11363 in NYC on the border with Long Island. I've had the Treo 700 since January and for the entire period I've had the phone until last Friday I never had any problems with my verizon service. I always had a full signal no matter what and always had EV-DO connections at home.

However, since last Friday I've had 1X connections most of the time with multiple flunctuations to EV-DO for anywhere from a couple of seconds to a couple of minutes. Even worse my signal strength regularly fluctuates from full signal to no signal at all. This was the case for the entire weekend and then it got weirder starting on Monday.

I noticed then that for the periods I was home during the day i.e. Morning before I left for work and afternoon before 7:30 - 8:00 I got perfect signal strength and constant EV-DO but after 7:30 - 8:00 until I went to bed at 11:30 - 12:00 the same problems occurred with the fluctuating signal strength and jumping between EV-DO and 1X.

Sorry for the long explanation but I was wondering if anyone else in my area or NYC has experienced this or had any explanation for this service weirdness. I have called VZW and they said they have no service alerts for my area and are setting up a trouble ticket for me.

Thanks for any info or help

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum wasn't sure where to post this