1.    #1  
    DID IT... Got the spint treo to take the GENUINE 1.04 update. here is how

Tools you will need.
    A S/D Card Reader
    A S/D Card
    usb cable for your treo (AKA Hotsync Cable)
    Rom Tool (get it at http://www.grack.com/romtool
    and my original hack SD FILES

Ok here is what I did. First thing, as we all know the tokens must be changed.

1. connect your treo to the usb cable. Press ##UPST# on your treo
    2. Open the rom tool
    3. go to the tab phone info
    4. Click Edit Tokens (accept the disclaimer)
    5. Change the crnm token to VZW (in caps)
    6. Change the revn token to 1.03
    7. click save, then exit.. use the pen to reset your treo

then copy the files you downloaded from my original hack and place them on the SD card. Their should only be 2 folders visable on the root of the card and that is palm, and rom.. Extract the zip and place them on your sd card

put the sd card in your treo and run ROMUpdater
    when it opens type "ace without quotes"
    it should copy all the files and prompt you do a hard rest.. do it

then when your all done go back and run cdma updater..

after that you'll be good to run the 1.04 update from palm's website as well as future upgrade because now your treo is seen as a verizon treo.

I tried doing the update after changing the tokens, however it still said that the update was not needed, and that the software on my treo was more recent. So this is why I said run my sd setup first.

After you run the update you can do the sd update again (rom updater) if you want snappermail in your rom, Because the genuine update will be overwriting the verizon update you did from the card

for reference purposes here is my original post
    http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1317
  2.    #2  
    ps: if the romtool ask for a driver.. It is included with the romtool. Unzip it, then use it when windows asks
    Anyone else had success with this? Can someone upload the vzwfix.rar file as the original poster's site is inactive. Thanks!
    Does anyone have this file, vzwfix.rar???
    Thanks to the useless Verizon Update provided at Palm.com, the very same phone I just received today is already dead...

-Johnny!
    Quote Originally Posted by John Martini View Post
    Does anyone have this file, vzwfix.rar???
    Thanks to the useless Verizon Update provided at Palm.com, the very same phone I just received today is already dead...

-Johnny!
    I NEED THE SAME vzwfix.rar IF ANYONE HAS IT. John, did you find it yet? Maybe you can send it to me.