Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    just got sprint. I love it. better quality and great signal.
    data is not as fast as t-mobile (55k vs. 100k, ptunes suffers rebuffering) but what ya gonna do, there is no evdo on the treo 650. (guess i'll wait for 700p)

I was on verichat set it up like i did on tmobile, but i never got a single call today then i signed off and had a couple of voicemails.

I didnt know that voice or a prompt to answer the phone when using data was not an option.
    im thinking if i did the right move, jump on the bandwagon and get sero

anway is there a way or treo app around this? (besides setting always on to sms)
    thought you guys might know since most of you are sprint warriors
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    just got sprint. I love it. better quality and great signal.
    data is not as fast as t-mobile (55k vs. 100k, ptunes suffers rebuffering) but what ya gonna do, there is no evdo on the treo 650. (guess i'll wait for 700p)

I was on verichat set it up like i did on tmobile, but i never got a single call today then i signed off and had a couple of voicemails.

I didnt know that voice or a prompt to answer the phone when using data was not an option.
    im thinking if i did the right move, jump on the bandwagon and get sero

anway is there a way or treo app around this? (besides setting always on to sms)
    thought you guys might know since most of you are sprint warriors
    Ummm a bit late bad news to you but..... CDMA got an evil issue with pre-EVDO data connection. It wont shut if voice call comes in. It keeps on going,... ignoring any moron (or sweetheart) calling you and keep chatting alive for you (or whatever program you using data for). If you are using internet Continuously (like streaming radio using ptunes) all incoming calls will go to voice mail. If you are browsing all incoming calls will go through when you not in middle of downloading/uploading. If you are then voice mail.
    EVDO connection seems to eliminate this issue (i didnt use personally but heard it). I tried every little thing but to no avail. So I think sms thing is best option if you have lots of sms to spare (guessing unlimited). Good luck.
    Last edited by Ehsan; 03/23/2006 at 11:26 AM.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Ehsan is right on....data and voice just don't mix on cdma, at least not yet.
    I first noticed this when I switched from Cingular to Sprint. I actually don't mind it....On Cingular, I was always getting interrupted while on the web, when a phone call came in.
    iPhone on AT&T, Waiting for the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeeman
    I first noticed this when I switched from Cingular to Sprint. I actually don't mind it....On Cingular, I was always getting interrupted while on the web, when a phone call came in.
    and that was a bad thing . I guess man is never happy....
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.