1.    #1  
    [Sprint first in U.S. to offer unlimited mobile calls to and from a home or business regardless of the wireline carrier.]
    Overland Park, Kan -- Marking a first-of-its-kind offering from a national U.S. carrier, Sprint today announced the availability of Sprint to Home(SM) and Sprint Mobile to Office(SM). These wireless service features allow customers to make or receive unlimited voice calls between their Sprint wireless phone and a pre-designated ten-digit home or office number while on the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network or National Nextel Network, regardless of their wireline carrier, without deducting minutes from their wireless service plans.
    Consumers
    Sprint to Home will allow Sprint wireless subscribers to get unlimited calling to and from their home phone regardless of their local provider. For just $5 per month, customers can stay connected with their families without using any of the minutes in their wireless service plans. The home number provided must be a residential landline number. To sign up, customers can visit a Sprint retail store or call 888-823-4666.
    Coming soon, Sprint will also offer Sprint to Home with Long Distance(SM), a free offer for customers who subscribe to both Sprint wireless services and long distance services
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    For this to have value, you'd have to be exceeding the minutes in your current plan.....and it costing you more than $5. I have never done that....how many of you do ?

I wish I could be like Exxon selling tax credits and I could sell my rollover minutes (currently at 7500).
    I remember when Verizon (or maybe it was still Airtouch) had this. I think it was free though...but it's been so long, can't remember.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    For this to have value, you'd have to be exceeding the minutes in your current plan.....and it costing you more than $5. I have never done that....how many of you do ?
    Limited value to me for this reason, although I'm sure some will be able to take advantage of the offer.
  5.    #5  
    Same here I wouldn't use it, I have never gone over my minutes. I think its just another way to make a buck?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Ahhh, but this could be of use for those with a couple of teenagers, I go through minutes like crazy. I track their use on the website and when they hit their limit for the month the phone goes to sleep until next billing cycle.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    If you spend $40/month on your home phone bill and most of the calls are to one or two landlines, this could eliminate the home phone bill entirely.

That's what I plan to do.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I never exceed my mins. the only reason I have still have a home phone is is send & receive faxes. Even my 93 yr old mother calls my cell now.
    Most people in New Orleans, since Katrina, call each other on cells-that's because you don't know if they're back in their homes yet.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I just heard a radio commercial Suncom advertising a plan add-on where you could call any 5 numbers you choose, whether landline, cell in/out of network without it counting in your monthly minutes.

Sounds like Sprint is not the only one with this idea.