Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Ok if you have a treo 650 with sprint can you tell me what speeds are you getting on www.dslreports.com/mspeed ? on 200k test
    does it make a difference what vision package you have?

thanks
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

on sprint in atlanta, i get

52 kbit/sec
    8.685s latency
    36.45 is d/l time

don't think it makes a difference which vision package you have though.
    hope this is helpful.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    1st attempt - 112kbit/sec
    1.357s latency

2nd attempt - 117kbit/s
    1.401s latency
    14.979s d/l time

3rd attempt - 124 kbit/s
    1.37s latency
    14.242s d/l time

4th attempt - 123 kbit/s
    1.345s latency
    14.301s d/l time

I dont think different vision packs have different speeds, but i may be mistaken.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    no different vision packs do not give different speeds
    several regular phones -> sidekick 2 -> treo 650 -> hopefully 700p
    First test......

In San Diego, Ca at 4:25 PM

50 KBs
    2.268s latency
    18.360s down load time

second test at 4:30 PM

52 KBs
    2.120 seconds latency
    17.115 seconds download time

speeds depend on time of day (how many are on at time you are) not type of data plan.

The best speed I got a few months ago was in St George, Utah at around 2:00 AM. That was as I recall 132 KBs

Chuck
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    im in NYC and with tmobile im at 80-120k range.
    i wonder if i switch to sprint because of sero plan would i be making a bad trade-off (fast data for a cheaper voice plan?)

thanks keep results coming. any nyc folks

Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    im in NYC and with tmobile im at 80-120k range.
    i wonder if i switch to sprint because of sero plan would i be making a bad trade-off (fast data for a cheaper voice plan?)

thanks keep results coming. any nyc folks

LOL ..am in NYC and with webviewer it says ..."To fast 0.396s" choose a bigger file, which I picked 600k and it says the same thing. "Webviewer rules"

With Blazer I get 60k/s in NYC
    i have done this test lots over the course of the day and i constantly get speeds between 110 - 130. maybe im lucky, it seems other are getting 50 - 60 range.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Haven't run them in a while, but I consistently got a little over 100 kbps/sec in central VA in the evening.

I think location, followed by time of day, are the 2 biggest variables.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    LOL ..am in NYC and with webviewer it says ..."To fast 0.396s" choose a bigger file, which I picked 600k and it says the same thing. "Webviewer rules"

Had a similar response with Opera Mini. Also got it a few times at 600K. But I was able to get one reading at >1000 KBs.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior

did u test this on blazer with a 200k file?

I just wanted to know, because i stream music with ptunes.
    with tmobile i get about 100k and streams just fine until things start moving(like car or train then it gets really choppy and rebuffers like crazy)

how is sprint service in NYC? is it better than tmobile(if you used them before)?

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Tested on blazer w/200kb file

81kb/sec
    2.859s latency
    12.579 d/l time
    NICE! Okay, first let me say I'm using a Treo 600 on the Verizon network in Southern California. So, not exactly what the thread is about. Having said that, you might find my results interesting.

I tried three times with Blazer and got 60 kbps on one test and 31 kbps on the other two. Tried it twice in Opera mini and got over 600 kbps on the first and 1157 kbps on the second. Every time with a 600kb test.

I think the test with Opera isn't accurate--or at least not indicative of the speeds that I seem to get with normal websites. Yes, Opera is way faster than Blazer. But 1157 kbps? I don't think so.

Edit: On an ironic note, Opera's websites says that Opera mini isn't supported on Verizon 600 phones.
    Last edited by hoovs; 03/09/2006 at 01:44 AM.
    Sprint user in southern calif...with Blazer the average seems to be anywhere from the 50's to the 80's. 200k file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    did u test this on blazer with a 200k file?

I just wanted to know, because i stream music with ptunes.
    with tmobile i get about 100k and streams just fine until things start moving(like car or train then it gets really choppy and rebuffers like crazy)

how is sprint service in NYC? is it better than tmobile(if you used them before)?

I can't compare it to T-mobile because I never had T-mobile, but in NYC Sprint is excellent, actually Sprint is great in most major cities. What's nice about Sprint is there roaming agreements with Verizon and the Fair and Flexiable plans include roaming.

As far as Blazer I don't use it much, I use webviewer which is lighting fast, I don't think the browser plays a part in streaming with P tunes. It's carrier dependent.

I believe there EVDO has been rated faster then Verizon's and there development is spreading rapidily.

What I tell most people is use the 14 day trial, you can if you like port your number after your trial....JUST DON"T CANCEL YOUR T_MOBILE ACCOUNT UNTIL YOU PORT.
    Tested on blazer w/200kb file
    St. Louis

1st try
    84kbit/sec
    2.0258s latency
    21.084s d/l time

2nd try
    97kbit/sec
    2.081s latency
    18.5s d/l time

3rd try
    100kbit/sec
    2.002s latency
    17.914s d/l time

4th try
    92kbit/sec
    2.163s latency
    19.436s d/l time
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com