1.    #1  
    i have read a few people say that sprint has priced matched for them.

so would it be possible to have them price match a treo 650 if i resign for another two years? my contract is not up yet but almost. my goal is to buy the treo. then switch my plan over to the sero.

but i am trying to get the treo for the best deal possible!. how should i do this?

should i call CS or should i go to the sprint store and bring in the add?

all thoughts on helping me do this are greatly appreciated!!!
    Go to a Sprint store and bring in the ad.
    Sprint will price match on new activations, but not on upgrades. They also will not match Mail in rebates or service credit offers.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Actually sprint store wont help upgrading your service at all. All they will do is give you a toll phone number or advice you to dial *2 on your sprint phone to get customer service for that. All they do is new service, thats all.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    That's not true at my store. We spend as much time an an ugrade as we do on a new activation...Sorry your experience was poor, but all stores are not like this and gross overgeneralizations won't help the situation get any better.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    I remeber a poster hre who was with either Verizon or Sprint.....he wanted an upgrade after two years but best he could do as an "upgrader" wa sget $150 off whereas new accounts got $300....so he switched carriers under a 15 day trial, ported his number over, brought it back and then went back tot he original carrie rportinmg his number back again and he got thr $300 off......seems real dumb for two carriers to jump thru all those hoops and do all that work insteda of just giving the dude the $300.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I remeber a poster hre who was with either Verizon or Sprint.....he wanted an upgrade after two years but best he could do as an "upgrader" wa sget $150 off whereas new accounts got $300....so he switched carriers under a 15 day trial, ported his number over, brought it back and then went back tot he original carrie rportinmg his number back again and he got thr $300 off......seems real dumb for two carriers to jump thru all those hoops and do all that work insteda of just giving the dude the $300.
    I always thought that you couldn't do that. Seems carriers (some at least) have a waiting period before you can re-activate.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Correct Mr. Naylor. Currently it's 90 days with Sprint before one is considered a "new" customer.
    Err... I mean Correct Insertion...Sorry bud.
    Dragonman, I wanted to ask you this; what treo is coming to sprint? Treo700W or 700P? I stopped at 5 stores (wanted to checkout 6700) and all employees assured me that 700W is coming out VERY soon. Are they mistaken or we are going to see Treo700W before Treo700P? I hope it is not coming under NDA
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Correct Mr. Naylor. Currently it's 90 days with Sprint before one is considered a "new" customer.
    Hey, I'm a GSM dude ...whadda I know....but dude posted he did it. With GSM it kinda easy....just add phone to family plan and switch SIMS.

A friend of mine just puts phones in his name in even numbered years and his wife's in odd numbered years.
    Even if I knew my NDA prohibits me from saying. gtwo seems to have an inside source tho and his source said 700P.
    Even if I knew my NDA prohibits me from saying. gtwo seems to have an inside source tho and his source said 700P.
    Sounds like a case of "Read Between The Lines" to me.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Sounds like a case of "Read Between The Lines" to me.
    lolzzzz

howdy dragonman....
    so will sprint price match the earthlink offer or only other sprint offers? does this include online deals?
    Only other Sprint Offers and no online offers will be matched.
    Sprint will price match on new activations, but not on upgrades. They also will not match Mail in rebates or service credit offers.
    I tried to get sprint to price match on the T650 when the phone first became available. I had been a somewhat satisfied sprint customer for several years and for that I wanted them to give me a better deal on the T650 than what they were offering to new suscribers. I had 3 separate discussions with both store reps and phone reps. No Deal! They would not budge $50 bucks! So, I am now a somewhat satisfied cingular customer for going on just one year. That reminds me, the Treo 650 is one year old just about now, no?

The point being that they are stubbornly unwilling/unable to negotiate.
    Unable
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott
    That reminds me, the Treo 650 is one year old just about now, no?.
    I think I got my CNG 650 on or about Feb 5th
    Quote Originally Posted by ebound
    howdy dragonman....
    so will sprint price match the earthlink offer or only other sprint offers? does this include online deals?
    Earthlink down to free Treo 650 today...tho they make it real hard to see the carrier info now. Few days ago "Sprint network" was prominently displayed.....now it's hard to find and says Sprint & Verizon.