1.    #1  
    Upon reviewing my account with Sprint online, I discovered that the insurance plan I thought was attached to my treo 650 was actually covering my wife's phone. I called Sprint to get this corrected and was told that I was out of luck...the insurance is attached to her phone number. Explaning to them that I added the insurance plan for my phone, not hers did no good. This was their mistake, not mine. I would never had put insurance on her $50 phone, while leaving my treo uncovered. I was told that it was too late to add insurance to my phone and that was that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Politely tell the person you are talking with that it is not acceptable and escalate it to the next person up. I cant say for sure that it will help, but I did it with a billing error and they finally decided to change it in my favor. Be polite but firm.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Another option might be trying ecare (emailing Sprint via their web site) -- sometimes the email customer service folks are more accomodating than the phone reps.
    The 1st tier CS reps usually can't and won't do anything. You have to escalate the problem to higher level and perhaps even cancellation if you are really upset to get the errors fixed...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The higher ups are worse !!

Thanks ,
    With this post i earned my very 1st Treocentral Treo !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    The higher ups are worse !!

Thanks ,
    With this post i earned my very 1st Treocentral Treo !!
    Congrats! I think that the higher ups can be but at some point, they usually just want the issue to go away. If you make it easy on them (i.e. are polite and nice), it makes it easier to say 'yes'.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog
    Upon reviewing my account with Sprint online, I discovered that the insurance plan I thought was attached to my treo 650 was actually covering my wife's phone. I called Sprint to get this corrected and was told that I was out of luck...the insurance is attached to her phone number. Explaning to them that I added the insurance plan for my phone, not hers did no good. This was their mistake, not mine. I would never had put insurance on her $50 phone, while leaving my treo uncovered. I was told that it was too late to add insurance to my phone and that was that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Ahh yes. Sprint's wonderful "customer service". Well, they're not much different from any other corporate behemoth. Just ask to speak to a supervisor if you're getting nowhere with the first person you talk to. Like someone else said, be polite but firm. Cursing and yelling at them won't do any good. You are the customer, you are paying their salary, you can always take the "Well, I'd be happy to take my business to one of your competitors if you don't want it" tack, although that should come a bit later when you've determined you're getting nowhere. "I'm a stock holder" has a bit of oomph to it too. Or "We've got a problem on my account, and I'd really appreciate your help in sorting this out." Unfortunately, real customer service where companies truly care about their customers is quickly going down the toilet in the USA and the bigger the company, the less they seem to care about keeping individual customers happy.

Saying you're a long-time customer used to work wonders, but now it seems as if few companies really care about customer loyalty, since they know if they lose you, someone else will just sign up and take your place.

If a company has a slogan like "Our customers' happines is always our most important product", then when I get stuck in an infinite loop with an obstinate rep, I usually throw that at them. "Okay, that's your slogan. Now prove it to me. Make me happy and lets get this fixed. If you can't fix it, then let me speak with someone who can." Sometime you have to finesse these people. They're not all created the same, or have the same level of people skills and training.

They run a formula through a computer and determine how much they'll lose by how much employee time is "wasted" dealing with you versus how much they'll save or even gain by keeping you happy. Happy customers refer new business to them, and any company with any kind of business savvy at all, know this.

But all these front line phone reps have a boss, and their bosses have bosses, up the corporate food chain until you get to Mr. Sprint himself who is probably lying in a hammock in Tahiti sipping pina coladas and laughing his head off while his all-girl crew fans him and polishes the teakwood deck of his hundred foot yacht parked just off shore. You won't be able to get to him. But "let me speak to your supervisor, please" tells the front line low level rep that you are not an *****, and to take you seriously, and if they won't move you up a level, then hang up, and call back and get a different rep who will.

But never cop an attitude with these people (not that you are..) .. it won't endear you to anyone, and shirley won't get your problem solved.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Another thought is to take the phone to a Sprint store and explain the problem. Store reps seem to be able to (at least sometimes) do things the telephone CSR reps can't or won't. They'll also be able to see that your Treo is still intact and working, which is the main reason Sprint doesn't want to let people add insurance down the road. Too many people added the insurance after they broke their phones, instead of before.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.