1.    #1  
    Damn, this is annoying.

I'm trying to insure my T-650 and my wifes T-600 but no luck. Lockline won't do it because the phones were activated quite a while ago (the T-600 probably more than 2 years ago and the T-650 about 18 months ago) and it needs to be done with 30 days of activation

I called State Farm but I would need to have other insurance with them

So, I guess I missed the boat on this one.

Any other options out there?

Cheers.
    Check with whoever has your homeowners or renters policy. There are often add ons that will cover specific items such as cell phones.
    i've done it by just doing an ESN swap. You probably need another sprint phone for this but- you can tell them to swap the esn on your account to another phone- then swap back after a day or a few hours and then say you want to insure the phone. they should let you. make sure to call sprint and not lockline.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    've done it by just doing an ESN swap. You probably need another sprint phone for this but- you can tell them to swap the esn on your account to another phone- then swap back after a day or a few hours and then say you want to insure the phone. they should let you. make sure to call sprint and not lockline.

have anyone try it and does it really work?
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    Damn, this is annoying.

Cheers.
    Read the saga I posted here a few months back here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...surance+denial

Next time, try the old trusty search function.
    You may have been mis-informed by State Farm. I was told by my agent no other insurance was needed for a Personal Articles Policy. The rules are the item has to be less than 2 yrs old and have a value greater than $400. So your wife's phone should qualify if you have the receipt.
    DJ
    Try Chubb. Best insurance. Period. They're more expensive than the rest, but they are completely no hassle. Claim. Check. Done. My renter's policy covers my device.

And don't forget about the software on your unit. that may well get you above the $400 threshold with State Farms. Though I imagine you'd technically have to repurchase all the programs, destroy/not use original codes ever again (which the developers would welcome).

Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    Damn, this is annoying.

I'm trying to insure my T-650 and my wifes T-600 but no luck. Lockline won't do it because the phones were activated quite a while ago (the T-600 probably more than 2 years ago and the T-650 about 18 months ago) and it needs to be done with 30 days of activation

I called State Farm but I would need to have other insurance with them

So, I guess I missed the boat on this one.

Cheers.
    Take a look at safeware, all they do is insure items like this! I think its www.safeware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dj81462
    You may have been mis-informed by State Farm. I was told by my agent no other insurance was needed for a Personal Articles Policy. The rules are the item has to be less than 2 yrs old and have a value greater than $400. So your wife's phone should qualify if you have the receipt.
    DJ
    This seems to be an Agents discretion thing, by requiring you have another line through them its some kind of fraud prevention.

I'd say try amother agent.
    Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedeas
    Take a look at safeware, all they do is insure items like this! I think its www.safeware.com
    Does this company charge the premium yearly?
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CheckPt.Charlie
    Try Chubb. Best insurance. Period. They're more expensive than the rest, but they are completely no hassle. Claim. Check. Done. My renter's policy covers my device.

And don't forget about the software on your unit. that may well get you above the $400 threshold with State Farms. Though I imagine you'd technically have to repurchase all the programs, destroy/not use original codes ever again (which the developers would welcome).

Keep in mind, if you were to get a claim check to go out and buy a replacement phone it would be full retail. The Treo 650 still runs over $500 without a new service plan from any carrier.