1.    #1  
    I just switched to one of the new SERO plans yesterday and wondered how do Treo users take advantage of the "Unlimited email and instant mesaging - AIM; MSN" advertised on the site at www.sprint.com/SERO ?

Secondly in the http://powervision.sprint.com/ page it states on the MESSAGING tab the following:
    "If you use email or instant messaging from Yahoo!, AOL, or MSN,you can access your account right from your phone."

Once again how do I do this from the Treo? I know when you have a regular non-pda phone there is a special place to go to access IM. Do we need to download the client from Sprint? Dont they charge just to download the client and charge the monthly fee of $3? If its included how do I get it, I have logged onto my account and gone to it via Vision and both places its tying to charge... I'm confused...

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  2.    #2  
    Bump...

I just want to know how do PDAphone users get unlimited instant messaging as stated in the SERO plan details without having to pay to download the program and pay the monthly fee? Especially since the Treo650 is listed as one of the phones approved for the SERO plan... Anyone know???

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    by purchasing VeriChat
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Download aim from AOL UK. Then, there's Causerie, which bills you annually.
    same with verichat.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  6.    #6  
    I am fully aware of all those IM apps already, I am in my second year of Causerie, but it is coming to an end though...

The original question posed was since the SERO plan boasts free yahoo and AIM instant messaging how does a PDAphone user such as us take advantage of it since we dont have a built-in Java app like the other phone users.

If it says it comes with it free then WHY can't we get it?

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    I am fully aware of all those IM apps already, I am in my second year of Causerie, but it is coming to an end though...

The original question posed was since the SERO plan boasts free yahoo and AIM instant messaging how does a PDAphone user such as us take advantage of it since we dont have a built-in Java app like the other phone users.

If it says it comes with it free then WHY can't we get it?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. My feeling is that we won't be able to access it since it is Java-based. But then, maybe we should be able to negotiate with Sprint for something like 100 SMS messages in exchange for not having this feature we're paying for.

(I know, SERO plan holders don't really have a right to complain, but it has worked for 6700 owners who don't have access to picture mail).
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    You can use Toccer for AOL instant messenger - that is free. I'm not sure if there is a free Yahoo IM application out there.

Cheers,
    Jonathan
    any vision plan comes with free IM access, which simply means that they don't charge you extra for using IM on your phone via whatever IM client you choose. I think you can access the yahoo IM via the built-in browser.

I use verichat, and it is the best always-on solution out there for me. Unfortunately, it is not free, as you are fully aware.