Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    Every time I call *2 they acknowlege they know about it but say it has to go thru special website or tel #. Would like to keep employee discount and existing number. Guess I'm not luck or persistent
    Just confirming, you can still get this. I probably talked to like 10 people today. Several knew what it was but kept referring me to the 1-800 number specifically for this, which does not work as it is for NEW customers only.

Eventually I called *2, went to the Cancellation people, and basically said, "I don't want to cancel, but I will if that's what it takes to get on this program. Even if I have to eat the ETF I'll still save money by starting over." And they just immediately switched me over. I was just very polite and upfront and there were no real questions asked, didn't even need to give an email address.
  3.    #163  
    What do you have to do to get employee discount + SERO?

I just called and they told me the discount was put on my account then taken off the next day because it can't be combined with SERO. Is this a case of keep on calling and eventually you'll get through to someone who knows what they're doing?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Tried it just now and apparently there's a lot of fuss going on over at Sprint. The Rep I spoke with said that I would have to cancel my account to activate this but that it's not entirely necessary and he was all confused so he spoke with his supervisor who, apparently, had put in a feedback form regarding the transfer of existing accounts over to the SERO plan. That said, I'll try it two more times butI usually don't have the patience for this if the reps are all stubborn

edit: And a few calls later result in the same deal...guess you just have to luck out and get a relatively oblivious CSR to help you out; all of the ones I spoke with put me on hold to consult the appropriate documentation. Additionally using the Sero plan would mean starting a new line and thus eliminating my current number which is a bit too much of a hassle...argh.

Blast!
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    After 13 years of Cingular (and its predecessor CellOne), I am looking to save about $50 a month by moving to a faster data provider, Sprint. I am planning on waiting for the 700p, but wondering what is necessary for the corporate discount people are mentioning they get in addition to SERO? I own a business, but it only has 4 employees. Do you just mention that you work for XYZ company or do they require proof, which I uhhh lost?

Thanks.
    Can anyone give me the name of a CSR or someone who will give you the SERO and let you keep your existing corporate discount? I don't want to take a chance on giving up my existing plan thinking I'm getting Sero + employee discount and then not get it
    Quote Originally Posted by dotbowels
    Can anyone give me the name of a CSR or someone who will give you the SERO and let you keep your existing corporate discount? I don't want to take a chance on giving up my existing plan thinking I'm getting Sero + employee discount and then not get it
    Would SERO not be cheaper even without an employee discount on top?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Would SERO not be cheaper even without an employee discount on top?
    Yes, but since everyone else seems to be getting 20%+ off SERO, I also just HAVE to know if it can be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Yes, but since everyone else seems to be getting 20%+ off SERO, I also just HAVE to know if it can be done.
    I understand that. But the dotbowels post made it seem like he wouldn't switch, unless he got the additional discount. So, I had to ask the obvious...

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I understand that. But the dotbowels post made it seem like he wouldn't switch, unless he got the additional discount. So, I had to ask the obvious...
    I thought you were name-calling there, MunkMan (which is totally unlike you), and then I scrolled up to see the poster's name.

Back on topic - has anyone been able to add business discounts AFTER switching to SERO? I fear that is the missing link - I never had business discounts before switching to SERO.
    Last edited by skfny; 05/09/2006 at 08:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I thought you were name-calling there, MunkMan (which is totally unlike you), and then I scrolled up to see the poster's name.

Back on topic - has anyone been able to add business discounts AFTER switching to SERO? I fear that is the missing link - I never had business discounts before switching to SERO.
    Yes, had my 18% discount added in no problem. My rep happen to mention that Chase employees get the highest discount @ 27%. That's higher than Sprint employees, according to her.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

12.    #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Yes, had my 18% discount added in no problem. My rep happen to mention that Chase employees get the highest discount @ 27%. That's higher than Sprint employees, according to her.
    They tell me that the discount was added then removed the next day, and everytime I call, they said there is a note on the account that employee discounts cannot be combined with SERO. I told them I 'know' several people that have both, and their reply is that the employee discount will be taken off eventually. Grrrr...

Any Sprint employees want to clear up the confusion?
    Just double checked my latest online invoice. A credit of $5.38 was applied. That would be 18% of my $30 a month.

Might be something new. SERO originally had unlimited texting also included, but they pulled it.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

14.    #174  
    Just double checked my latest online invoice. A credit of $5.38 was applied. That would be 18% of my $30 a month.

Might be something new. SERO originally had unlimited texting also included, but they pulled it.
    I guess we have no leverage now or ever. If I call them at the end of my contract and threaten to quit if I don't get the discount, they'll just look at the competition ($20 minimum just for data) and laugh as they hang up the phone.

I'm really spoiled, but I want this discount soooo bad.
    I'm an Hewlett Packard employee and I get 25% off on top of my monthly plan... WOW! and I thought that was the highest discount Sprint offered!

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I've just received a free (promotional) 650 on my choice of carriers. I've read this thread and Sprint seems the clear choice even though I've been a vzw customer. I have to either activate with the fullfillment company, or already have a sprint account.

Can anyone, preferably a Sprint employee, tell me how I would go about starting up with the SERO plan in this circumstance?
    Re: the company discounts mentioned by many here.... do you have to provide a code, or just say you work for....uh, Chase!?

I'm actually a self-employed person, hence I need the discount more than folks working for corps'! Anyone done this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Dao
    Re: the company discounts mentioned by many here.... do you have to provide a code, or just say you work for....uh, Chase!?

I'm actually a self-employed person, hence I need the discount more than folks working for corps'! Anyone done this?
    They are supposed to verify, like a checkstub or someting.
    But if you make nicey nicey with a rep at a Sprint store...

I do qualify for my discount, but she never even asked for proof. I got an email from Sprint a few days later verifying the discount, and on the bottom it said it was verifed by my Sprint rep.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

NICE! I just got the SERO plan without changing my number. I just signed up for another 2 years (was only 5 months into this plan) and saved a TON of money.

$30 a month for 500 anytime mins. pcs to pcs. PCS Vision (unlimited pic mail, evdo, etc) roaming, etc.

$6 for insurance

$5 for 7pm nightly minutes

$15 for unlimited texts

= $56 a month

My previous plan was 400 mins (fair n flexible) insurance, PCS (evdo, etc) 100 texts = around $80. lol

I will miss the fair and flexible, but so far I've only gone over my 400 mins once. I went over by 200 minutes... but I'll just be smarter about it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyP
    I will miss the fair and flexible, but so far I've only gone over my 400 mins once. I went over by 200 minutes... but I'll just be smarter about it now.
    SERO is a Fair & Flexible Plan.

Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast