Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Ordered the SERO Treo 650 on Thursday of last week...still on backorder

Anyone know how fast Inphonic fulfills backordered phones?
    You can switch and be on SERO. As a Nextel customer you are most likely considered a new customer of Sprint. My coworker had Nextel and he called up and Got SERO fine and they let him keep his old Nextel number even when he specifically told them he wanted a new number. So it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by RicanS4
    Hello-
    I've been reading this thread for a few days now and I have an important question to ask of you all. I'm currently on the Nextel network and I want so sign up for sprint on the SERO plan with either the Treo 650 or the PPC-6700. Will I be able to switch over to Sprint and sign up for SERO or am I just SOL? Any answers are appreciated.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    You can switch and be on SERO. As a Nextel customer you are most likely considered a new customer of Sprint. My coworker had Nextel and he called up and Got SERO fine and they let him keep his old Nextel number even when he specifically told them he wanted a new number. So it can be done.
    *Update* I spoke with Sprint yesterday and was able to switch from Nextel to Sprint with the SERO 1250min rate plan. I was trying to get a PPC-6700 but after speaking with a few friends I did decide on the Treo 650! (Sprint wouldn't sell the 6700 on the SERO plan either) I hope to have my Treo by Friday. Thank you all for the information you've posted on this thread, it helped a lot with my decision.
    Last edited by RicanS4; 04/06/2006 at 09:19 AM.
    With the $30 Sero Plan will they let you have 7pm nights and weekends? I'd like to know before I commit, thanks
    You can get nights/weekends starting at 7 p.m. for an additional $5 per month. I have the $30 SERO plan with that $5 add on, so my total bill (before taxes and surchages) is $35. Still less than I was paying with Cingular, and I am getting far more out of the deal!
    I got a card in the mail from Sprint. With a new two year contract, they'll waive my $5 7pm charge. I took them up, since it only added another month to my contract. So, I now have SERO, and 7pm nights for $30!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Insertion,

Is there some special code that came on the mailer to get that 7pm deal? Or do you just have to mention that you got the card in the mail?
    I got nights and weekends at 7pm for free with my SERO plan. But I had it for free before I had SERO as well so they just carried it over or preserved the code, however they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by dotbowels
    With the $30 Sero Plan will they let you have 7pm nights and weekends? I'd like to know before I commit, thanks

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by lizard
    Insertion,

Is there some special code that came on the mailer to get that 7pm deal? Or do you just have to mention that you got the card in the mail?
    No. No code, just a "Because you're a preferred customer, blah blah blah..." and then an 800 number to call.

I think there was probably an "offer good until..." date as well, I can't remember. I've thrown the flyer away since then.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Are you able to keep exisiting number I am unclear on that I'd sure like to. I have $150 phone credit also. I know they make you signup for 2 yrs to use it so do you go for the new phone while you have existing and then go for Sero? I know with SERO and new activation you can get big phone credit but I want to keep existing number. Anyone have recent experience to report? Thanks
    OK... I've been looking at this for days!!! I would too like to join in the SERO program. A bit confused about the best way to "get in". Do I NEED an email address from an employee or can I call Sprint and request the plan? If I do need an email address, where and how do I go about getting one??? Probably all questions that have been asked hundreds of times... sorry!
    Thanks for the help!
    Guk -

Go to your local Sprint store and get an employee's business card. Voila - you have a Sprint employee's email address.

The web site to sign up for a SERO plan is http://www.sprint.com/sero. You'll have to enter the e-mail address at the entrance screen and once you've done so you can pick your phone and plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guk22
    OK... I've been looking at this for days!!! I would too like to join in the SERO program. A bit confused about the best way to "get in". Do I NEED an email address from an employee or can I call Sprint and request the plan? If I do need an email address, where and how do I go about getting one??? Probably all questions that have been asked hundreds of times... sorry!
    Thanks for the help!
    Here's how I did it. Go visit Mr. Google. In the blank, type in "@sprint.com" and you'll see dozens of Sprint employees' email addresses. You're done.

Thankyouverymuch.
    I never gave a Sprint employee email address. I just called *2 and asked for it and they changed my plan to SERO effective that day and that was it.

For the record I do know 2 sprint employees personally, one works in the Kansas City corp office, so if Sprint comes back to ask me for a name I do have his info.

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    I never gave a Sprint employee email address. I just called *2 and asked for it and they changed my plan to SERO effective that day and that was it.

For the record I do know 2 sprint employees personally, one works in the Kansas City corp office, so if Sprint comes back to ask me for a name I do have his info.
    I didn't need an email address either. I was beyond my 2 year agreement, and month to month. Called *2, and told them I was willing to renew if they gave me the SERO $30 plan, and I was in.

Getting email addresses is easy. Scroll up and try the method above, or PM me. I have about 10 of them.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.”
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    I didn't need an email address either. I was beyond my 2 year agreement, and month to month. Called *2, and told them I was willing to renew if they gave me the SERO $30 plan, and I was in.

Getting email addresses is easy. Scroll up and try the method above, or PM me. I have about 10 of them.
    I don't know much of this SERO plan, but can you have it with an extra line, so I can enjoy the fruits of my labor between my wife and I's phones.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I don't know much of this SERO plan, but can you have it with an extra line, so I can enjoy the fruits of my labor between my wife and I's phones.
    There isn't a SERO Family Plan, if that's what you're asking. You could add a SERO plan, but you'd probably be better off getting a family plan, (or keeping it, if that's what you have,) than having one SERO, and one regular plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    There isn't a SERO Family Plan, if that's what you're asking. You could add a SERO plan, but you'd probably be better off getting a family plan, (or keeping it, if that's what you have,) than having one SERO, and one regular plan.
    Thanks Insertion
    at&t iPhone3G
    woohoo, FINALLY got switched over. talked to a really nice guy at employee sales (8662502221, be warned, long hold) and gave him the email at the beginning of the post and got the $30 SERO plan.
    Sprint Kyocera 6035> Verizonized Sprint 6035> Treo 300> Sprint Treo 600> Sprint Treo 650> Cingular 8125> Sprint Treo 650> Sprint Treo 700wx

“It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.” -George W. Bush

BE AMERICAN, USE CDMA
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Another success story. Called *2 three times till I finally got rep who knew what the heck I was talking about. Switched me over to the 49.99 Sero plan and got my 14% employee discount in there for where I work. Didn't even ask for an e-mail to verify the reference (although I have a valid one). I'll just pay cash for a 700p and get the insurance added on when it finally comes out.
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast