Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Yes yes yes check your account online.

And BTW, you might run into some hassles when you switch to the 700p with EVDO. I went back and forth between the 6700 and the 650 and each time the rep spent 10-15 minutes looking for the code to activate the right data plan (same cost, but they can't just swap the phone without putting you on the new plan, for example).
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Try going through retention. They seem to have a little more leeway. Just say "cancel my account" when you get the automated system.
    Did they put you through the certification process when they changed your plan? It's a way of electronically signing a new agreement, which includes entering your social security number.
    If you did, I would think it would lock you in.
    No i didnt go through certification process. And problem is I am under contract so I cant threaten to cancel without early cancellation fee. I mean I would feel messed up if retention said, go ahead and cancel, u just have to pay 150 dollars.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    I tried to get SERO through retentions but ended up getting a different plan that's even better:

$40
    1000 Anytime minutes
    Free Vision
    Free roaming
    Free N/W 7P
    Free PCS 2 PCS
    Free 100 text messages
    10% corporate discount

Lesson: SERO is a great plan but you may even be able to get something better through retentions.
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    I tried to get SERO through retentions but ended up getting a different plan that's even better:

$40
    1000 Anytime minutes
    Free Vision
    Free roaming
    Free N/W 7P
    Free PCS 2 PCS
    Free 100 text messages
    10% corporate discount

Lesson: SERO is a great plan but you may even be able to get something better through retentions.
    Isn't that the "Area Wide" plan? If so, and you travel outside of your region, they hit you by the minute. .40 cents a minute if memory serves...
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.”
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Yes yes yes check your account online.

And BTW, you might run into some hassles when you switch to the 700p with EVDO. I went back and forth between the 6700 and the 650 and each time the rep spent 10-15 minutes looking for the code to activate the right data plan (same cost, but they can't just swap the phone without putting you on the new plan, for example).
    I had the exact same thing happen. I found out the hard way that the 6700 was a waste. I still cringe thinking about trying to use it one-handed while driving.
    Took 3 calls to get my plan straightened out, going back to the 650.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.”
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

what i was told that power vision plan is not included in this plan. There is another plan (different code), for the same rate and features, but she cant activate on regular vision phone. I have to call to change codes in system, when i get my hands on phone that has power vision. I think basically you cant use regular vision if your account is updated to power vision. Did anyone checked it after updating their plan to power vision plan and then used it on their treo??? Did it work??
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Nope. It's a retention plan and is better than the SERO plans. I was offered it to when trying to sign up for SERO. I did go with a modified SERO plan instead though since I don't use 1000 minutes a month. Why not save the $10? So instead I negged a $30 500 SERO plan but with free 7pm n/w and the percentage off discount.

That retention plan is better if you want to share a line. They offered me a free second phone and free add a phone for one additional line to share the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Isn't that the "Area Wide" plan? If so, and you travel outside of your region, they hit you by the minute. .40 cents a minute if memory serves...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    what i was told that power vision plan is not included in this plan. There is another plan (different code), for the same rate and features, but she cant activate on regular vision phone. I have to call to change codes in system, when i get my hands on phone that has power vision. I think basically you cant use regular vision if your account is updated to power vision. Did anyone checked it after updating their plan to power vision plan and then used it on their treo??? Did it work??
    Power Vision is for EVDO capable phones. Treos do not have this, yet.
    The SERO plan does cover either Vision package depending on the phone.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by puppyfriend
    Nope. It's a retention plan and is better than the SERO plans. I was offered it to when trying to sign up for SERO. I did go with a modified SERO plan instead though since I don't use 1000 minutes a month. Why not save the $10? So instead I negged a $30 500 SERO plan but with free 7pm n/w and the percentage off discount.

That retention plan is better if you want to share a line. They offered me a free second phone and free add a phone for one additional line to share the plan.
    I think what he wanted to ask is; does this plan include free roaming and nation wide longdistance???

Got this 3 days after I signed up for it. Weird though, it contradicts itself in a couple places...

Because you've recently made some changes to your Sprint PCSฎ account, we wanted to send you a detailed confirmation you can keep for your records.

In the box below is your current account information. Please take a few minutes to review all of your services.

A few things to look for:
    • The service plan monthly charge shown is only for your Sprint PCS service plan and does
    not include the monthly recurring charge for additional services, such as Sprint PCS Visionฎ,
    that you may have signed up for.
    • Included in the "Your Service Plan" section, you'll find a list of all the regular services
    that are included in your base plan.
    • The "Additional Services" section lists any other services you've chosen to add to your
    account and their standard monthly charge. Promotional periods or discounts for additional
    services are not indicated.
    • Your contract end date is 03-31-2008. If you cancel your Sprint PCS service before
    that date, an early termination fee of $150.00 will apply to each line.

If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 1-888-211-4PCS (4727)
    or press on your Sprint PCS phone.

As a valued Sprint PCS subscriber, you're always protected with Our Guarantee.
    The advantages of this program include:

• Sprint Right Plan Promise
    • Sprint PCS New For YouTM Upgrade Program
    • 12-Month Limited Phone Warranty

Sprint offers more choice, more flexibility, and access to more products and services. In short, more of what you need to do more of what you want.

Thanks for choosing Sprint.

Sincerely,
    Sprint Customer Service

Your Current Account Information
    Account Number: XXXXXXXXXX
    Customer Name: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Your Phone: Sprint PCS Smart Device Treo(TM) 650 by palmOne,Sprint PCS Smart Device Treo(TM) 650 by palmOne
    Your Phone Number: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
    Service Plan Effective Date: 03-31-2006
    Contract: SPRINT PCS ADVANTAGE AGREEMENT
    Contract Start Date: 03-31-2006
    Contract End Date: 03-31-2008
    Early Termination Fee: $150.00

Service Plan Monthly Charge:**
    $30

Your Service Plan

$30.00 MINIMUM MONTHLY CHARGE
    AMERICA - ROAMING INCLUDED
    NATIONWIDE LONG DISTANCE INCLUDED
    UNLIMITED NIGHT & WEEKEND MINS. INCLUDED
    NIGHTS: M-TH 9PM-7AM WKND: F 9PM-M 7AM
    UNLIMITED VISION ACCESS
    UNLIMITED MOBILE TO MOBILE
    CALLER ID, CALL WAITING
    THREE-WAY CALLING
    VOICEMAIL

Add'l Anytime Minute Rate:
    $0.50
    Roaming Minute Rate: $0.69
    Out of Area Travel Rate: $0.50

Additional Services
    EQUIP PROT $3 INS. PREMIUM & $3 SERV/RPR

The confusing part: "roaming included" then "Roaming Minute Rate: $0.69"
    Followed by "SPRINT FAIR & FLEXIBLE PLAN
    ADJUSTABLE ANYTIME MINUTES" then "Add'l Anytime Minute Rate: $0.50"
    And just for a little more confusion: "Out of Area Travel Rate: $0.50" then "AMERICA - ROAMING INCLUDED".

Still not worried...

-Jack Handy, SNL-

QUOTE...
    $30.00 MINIMUM MONTHLY CHARGE
    AMERICA - ROAMING INCLUDED
    NATIONWIDE LONG DISTANCE INCLUDED
    UNLIMITED NIGHT & WEEKEND MINS. INCLUDED
    NIGHTS: M-TH 9PM-7AM WKND: F 9PM-M 7AM
    UNLIMITED VISION ACCESS
    UNLIMITED MOBILE TO MOBILE
    CALLER ID, CALL WAITING
    THREE-WAY CALLING
    VOICEMAIL

And I got
    $40 1000 minutes
    Unlimited Nights and weekends at 7pm
    No Free Roaming
    Free Vision

Problem is by the time I add taxes and Insurance and roaming on a Treo 650 it will be $58

Still to much..
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker

$40
    1000 Anytime minutes
    Free Vision
    Free roaming
    Free N/W 7P
    Free PCS 2 PCS
    Free 100 text messages
    10% corporate discount

You do not have FREE Romaing, they did the same thing to me..and I just assumed Roaming was included but it was not.
    Quote Originally Posted by vdospec
    You do not have FREE Romaing, they did the same thing to me..and I just assumed Roaming was included but it was not.
    I didn't ASSUME that I got free roaming, I KNOW that I've got it because it's something the rep was going to transfer over from my existing plan (which also has free roaming). You shouldn't generalize your experience to everyone else's.
    I have been with sprint forever, and I just called and inquired about this sero plan. I even called the retention department and the csr kept saying that he had never heard of it.

I think I am going to have to call their bluff and cancel my account before I can get the sero plan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    I have been with sprint forever, and I just called and inquired about this sero plan. I even called the retention department and the csr kept saying that he had never heard of it.

I think I am going to have to call their bluff and cancel my account before I can get the sero plan
    My suggestion: Keep trying. I had to call 10 different people to get Sero. And make sure who does change your plan to sero; get their name and sprint email address. So you can hold him/her just incase.

Here's what I got back from Sprint this afternoon regarding SERO-

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel regarding your
    multiple concerns. Let me explain them one by one.

****Sero Plan****

We have launched the Sprint Employee Referral Offer, also known as SERO.
    Encourage your friends to switch to Sprint and give them a discount with
    your employee benefit.

SERO plan is limited to:

- Sprint Employees (including Legacy Sprint and Legacy Nextel employees)

- Friends and Family of Sprint Employees (limited to a total of FIVE
    referral activations)

Eligibility Requirements of SERO plan:

- Affiliates are not participating in this offer. You must be in a
    Sprint Market to get the plan.
    - Add-a-Phone is not eligible (cannot be shared with other
    subscriptions).
    - Must sign up for or renew a Two-year Subscriber Agreement.

Activation Details:

Friends and Family Referral Activations (new activations only)

- Employees can have up to five activation referrals in total across
    both the CDMA and iDEN networks. The email address of the Sprint
    employee who is referring the customer is required for employee
    verification.

- All orders must be activated through the InPhonic web site which is
    located at the following URL:

Select handsets will be offered through the web site.

- Inphonic will validate if the order meets the program requirements and
    credit guidelines.

- Existing customers that want to switch to this plan are required to
    receive a new phone number. Early Termination Fees apply if they are
    within the contract period.

- The Activation Fee will be automatically applied by back-end systems
    and will appear directly under the activation fee on the bill.

****Discount****

I have noticed that your account is already added in hierarchy on
    February 16, 2006 to receive your company 'Radioshack' Discount. You
    are receiving 15% Discount in every bill cycle. You can view this
    Discount on the third page of your latest invoice under heading
    'Nationwide Volume Program'.

I hope that this has clarified all the points you have raised. However,
    if you need any further information, please feel free to contact me. We
    are here for you only.

Celvin
    Business E-Care
    Sprint together with Nextel
    "Where our customers come first!"
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Sorry if this thread as well as the ones over at Sprintusers and Hofo have answered these questions but plowing through all those 100+ threads can really make you loopy. I was hoping for those including Sprint employees and users who have gotten this plan and have received their bills help me answer these ?s before I decide to pull the trigger or call their customer service. Thanks in advance.

Can I port my number AFTER I get a new number under the SERO plan?

Does the 14-day return policy apply to SERO?

Can I upgrade to Power Vision (EDVO) from regular Vision later on when/if the Treo 700p comes out?

Can I get the any feature (Roam off Verizon, etc.) added to my the plan?

I heard some people get the $150 rebate if you choose not to get a phone w/ the plan? True?

Can corporate discounts apply?

I heard at one time you get free Palm software if you have a Vision plan...does it still exist?

Last but not least, is Sprint service good in NYC or the Northeast in general?
    is unlimited text messaging same as SMS..I have unlimited text messaging listed.
    My son has free roadside, and free readylink...0 cost
    Bob Shipman
    President
    Congressional District Foundation, PA One
    http://www.congress1.org
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Here's what I got back from Sprint this afternoon regarding SERO-

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel regarding your
    multiple concerns. Let me explain them one by one.

****Sero Plan****

We have launched the Sprint Employee Referral Offer, also known as SERO.
    Encourage your friends to switch to Sprint and give them a discount with
    your employee benefit.

SERO plan is limited to:

- Sprint Employees (including Legacy Sprint and Legacy Nextel employees)

- Friends and Family of Sprint Employees (limited to a total of FIVE
    referral activations)

Eligibility Requirements of SERO plan:

- Affiliates are not participating in this offer. You must be in a
    Sprint Market to get the plan.
    - Add-a-Phone is not eligible (cannot be shared with other
    subscriptions).
    - Must sign up for or renew a Two-year Subscriber Agreement.

Activation Details:

Friends and Family Referral Activations (new activations only)

- Employees can have up to five activation referrals in total across
    both the CDMA and iDEN networks. The email address of the Sprint
    employee who is referring the customer is required for employee
    verification.

- All orders must be activated through the InPhonic web site which is
    located at the following URL:

Select handsets will be offered through the web site.

- Inphonic will validate if the order meets the program requirements and
    credit guidelines.

- Existing customers that want to switch to this plan are required to
    receive a new phone number. Early Termination Fees apply if they are
    within the contract period.

- The Activation Fee will be automatically applied by back-end systems
    and will appear directly under the activation fee on the bill.

****Discount****

I have noticed that your account is already added in hierarchy on
    February 16, 2006 to receive your company 'Radioshack' Discount. You
    are receiving 15% Discount in every bill cycle. You can view this
    Discount on the third page of your latest invoice under heading
    'Nationwide Volume Program'.

I hope that this has clarified all the points you have raised. However,
    if you need any further information, please feel free to contact me. We
    are here for you only.

Celvin
    Business E-Care
    Sprint together with Nextel
    "Where our customers come first!"
    I got the same letter, but mine had this line in it:

"The Sprint Employee Referral Offer is for new customers only. However, existing Sprint customers who are out of contract and renewing a Two-year Subscriber
    Agreement are also eligible for this offer."

The second sentence applied to me, so I took the plunge.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Hello-
    I've been reading this thread for a few days now and I have an important question to ask of you all. I'm currently on the Nextel network and I want so sign up for sprint on the SERO plan with either the Treo 650 or the PPC-6700. Will I be able to switch over to Sprint and sign up for SERO or am I just SOL? Any answers are appreciated.
Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast