Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Yup, that is exactly what mine shows. Thanks! I am undeniably excited. :-)
    I want to sign up for this plan, but I've never ordered a phone online before. Does anyone know if the same 14-day return policy is available? Also, do I get to pick my phone number, or is it already assigned when the phone comes in the mail?

I already have an account with Sprint...I would like to switch my current plan to the SERO plan too. Anyone have advice on who to talk to at CS or what to say to make sure I can get it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It's sounds right to me. The SERO plan is a Fair & Flex plan, just discounted and loaded with with other goodies.

My page doesn't mention SERO anywhere, here's a cut and paste from my account. Does your page show this?
    Hey Insertion,
    How long it took for your account to update online from the day you made changes to your plan on phone?? I did it day before yesterday and rep told me that plan starts today (same day I was speaking to her). But my account still shows old plan details online. Any hints??
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    Hey Insertion,
    How long it took for your account to update online from the day you made changes to your plan on phone?? I did it day before yesterday and rep told me that plan starts today (same day I was speaking to her). But my account still shows old plan details online. Any hints??
    It took a day or two to update. However, there was a reason in my case. My original billing cycle was due to end either the next day, or maybe the following, so we decided to have the switch take place to coincide with the new billing cycle. So once the change was made, I was able to see it online.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Hmmm. My billing cycle already ended on 8th and I called and changed plan on 10th. Rep on phone told me that my plan was active as we speak. I might wait this week and then call back to verify. I am sure my plan is active and changed. Its just I want to see it to believe it. And hey I had old unlimited text messege plan for 5 bucks. She kept that on my plan. So with my company discount and unlimited sms plus insurance, I am very happy :-).
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Once my plan was changed it went into effect the same day as well. I wasnt able to see anything online cause the system stated I had a plan change. As soon as my billing cycle came the following week everything was listed on it correctly and the proration for the few days I had it in the previous billing cycle were applied.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  7.    #107  
    And hey I had old unlimited text messege plan for 5 bucks. She kept that on my plan.
    Looks like it's time for me to give Sprint another call...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I got SERO on two existing lines which the knucklehead rep forget to add the 2 year contract. Sometimes incompetent reps pay off.
    Howdy all.....
    I'm a verizon customer and i want to switch to sprint, for the obvious reasons....my question is- what's the best price i can get on a new treo through sprint?....any ideas?.....
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by ebound
    Howdy all.....
    I'm a verizon customer and i want to switch to sprint, for the obvious reasons....my question is- what's the best price i can get on a new treo through sprint?....any ideas?.....

My co-worker ordered through the Sprint site (sprint.com/sero)
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    I just switched mine over as well. thanks for the info!!! I did not need to provide the email address, just asked to renew and switch..... awesome!
    I just signed up at a store on Saturday and tried to do this, and I'm getting all kinds of resistance, they say and insist it has to be done online..
    I got in at the end of the "good time" to switch about 6 weeks ago. Now Sprint is getting so many people trying to just call up and switch that its getting harder and harder to be switched to SERO without going through the website. They have given many of the reps explicit instructions to tell people to do it online or require people to change their phone numbers... Before most reps assumed it was something new and the reps were ignorant of it and just oblidged the customer by searching the system and adding it.

There are multiple threads about it over at sprintusers.com about it. My only advice is to keep trying and maybe eventually you will get someone to give you a break.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    LOL.....It was suppose to not only be done online but for NEW lines only with a purchase of a phone and contract. The guy I got had no clue what he was doing and I had to all but walk him through the procedure. Come to think I almost blew this plan off because of a retention deal I got years ago.

There's rumors of a SERO audit floating around..............
    One call this evening to "James" in retention, and I was in.
    God I love this site. You guys saved me $840 over the new 2 year agreement vs what I had.

I had to do very little arm twisting. I didn't threaten to quit Sprint, just explained my contract expired in December, and was willing to sign a new 2 year, *IF* I could get the SERO plan. He knew what it was, put me on hold for a minute, and then said I could have it. I quietly peed in my pants. I didn't even have to give the employee email address I scavenged from the net.

The only minor hitch is it won't start until my current billing cycle ends on the 30th.

Thanks to all!
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    You guys saved me $840 over the new 2 year agreement vs what I had.
    Now go spend $600 of that on a shiny new 700p.

The 'peeing in the pants' remark was probably unneccesary - everyone who has done this already knows from experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Now go spend $600 of that on a shiny new 700p.

The 'peeing in the pants' remark was probably unneccesary - everyone who has done this already knows from experience.
    That money has been set aside for months. I'm also part of the "when" crowd. I was never part of the "if's".
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Ok folks. Got bad news. My plan isnt changed. Even though i spoke to a lady and she changed my plan and told me its changed and even asked me if i need anything else, which i said no and then rate my call to excellent, I was told today when i called that nothing is changed on account. And when I tried to change to SERO while on call today, they told me its for new lines and cant be done on my line. I called 8 times since and even talk to retention but since i am on contract till june i couldnt cancel (without early termination fees) or they couldnt help me. So no joys for me. I am now waiting for Treo700P to showup. If PowerVision rates remain the same I might stay (without contract) on sprint. If they do, I am gone. And honestly (not crying over not getting SERO deal) Sprint customer service sucks. I mean half of the people got me on hold for half hour to find what SERO plan is. And they are not even friendly. In contrast Tmobile customer service are way ahead. I wish they had Treo700P coming and HSDPA as well. Alas....

To all the people who just changed plans to SERO. Make sure your online page confirms it. If you dont see changes online, call back to confirm.

Ok folks. Got bad news. My plan isnt changed. Even though i spoke to a lady and she changed my plan and told me its changed and even asked me if i need anything else, which i said no and then rate my call to excellent, I was told today when i called that nothing is changed on account. And when I tried to change to SERO while on call today, they told me its for new lines and cant be done on my line. I called 8 times since and even talk to retention but since i am on contract till june i couldnt cancel (without early termination fees) or they couldnt help me. So no joys for me. I am now waiting for Treo700P to showup. If PowerVision rates remain the same I might stay (without contract) on sprint. If they do, I am gone. And honestly (not crying over not getting SERO deal) Sprint customer service sucks. I mean half of the people got me on hold for half hour to find what SERO plan is. And they are not even friendly. In contrast Tmobile customer service are way ahead. I wish they had Treo700P coming and HSDPA as well. Alas....
    Try going through retention. They seem to have a little more leeway. Just say "cancel my account" when you get the automated system.
    Did they put you through the certification process when they changed your plan? It's a way of electronically signing a new agreement, which includes entering your social security number.
    If you did, I would think it would lock you in.

-Jack Handy, SNL-

To all the people who just changed plans to SERO. Make sure your online page confirms it. If you dont see changes online, call back to confirm.
    Just checked. Mine doesn't yet, but I'm not concerned. It won't take effect until the 30th.

-Jack Handy, SNL-