Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54550515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1101
    Who has successfully upgraded from 700p to 755p/centro for free plus some cash back after their contract is up for renewal? Did you guys call retention dept? Nothing wrong with my 700p now but just wondering what my options are now that my contract is fulfilled. May also consider getting the new iPhone though. thanks
    Treo 700p--> New to Treo Pro (SERO)
    GO BEARS!!!
    #1 is this sero plan still going on?
    #2 I have sprint (still under contract, can I still get sero)
    #3 I know I've seen the sero 1-800 # does anyone have?

thanks!
    Sero is not longer offered.
    When we signed up for SERO we were told mobile to mobile unlimited. Now it is saying mobile to mobile (pcs to pcs) giving it an additional stipulation. Has anyone else encountered this?
    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom View Post
    When we signed up for SERO we were told mobile to mobile unlimited. Now it is saying mobile to mobile (pcs to pcs) giving it an additional stipulation. Has anyone else encountered this?
    I believe what they are doing there is clarifying what the plan is, not changing it. Sprint's services are known as pcs, so what they are doing is saying that you have mobile to mobile but only to other Sprint mobile phones. That's the way it's always been, but I could see someone causing trouble arguing that that's not the case if it only said "mobile to mobile".
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    SERO plans no longer exist because the program was so severely abused.
    Quote Originally Posted by SueWalsh623 View Post
    SERO plans no longer exist because the program was so severely abused.
    nah, unless you mean Sprint abused it. It was classic viral marketing. Sprint always knew it was being used by people not associated with an employee and they were happy about it.

How to get sero was all over the web, Sprint knew it and Sprint actually relaxed ease of sign up.

Sprint was simply more concerned with market share at the time, and SERO, along with quite a few other moves gave them what they needed. They would have way less market share today if it were not for them letting (and enjoying) SERO to go rampant.

handset subsidies are a very small fraction of the $300 average customer acquisition costs. Real costs are advertising, marketing, etc. SERO became a massive free adverting and marketing campaign.

SERO was the equivalent of hanging out a huge neon sign saying "Secret Sale -- don't tell anyone".

Sprint's reputation for deep discounting were not driven by customer abuse, but by Sprint marketing tactics very many years. The problem arose when it became so well know that existing customers started opting out of $60 a month payments for equivalent sero plans for $30!

Discounts on top of SERO were not an "abuse" by customers, they were a desperate attempt to keep market share which Sprint was losing, despite low prices, while other major carriers were gaining.

So unless you mean -- abuse of Sprint by Sprints marketing executives -- there was no abuse.
    i signed up for sero 2 years ago, this december - with my own email at that time - is there a time limit on this? and if i get a 3rd phone (have two now) would i be eligible (as an existing customer on sero) to get the new one on sero too - to my current account?
    i signed up for sero 2 years ago, this december - with my own email at that time - is there a time limit on this? and if i get a 3rd phone (have two now) would i be eligible (as an existing customer on sero) to get the new one on sero too - to my current account?
    There is no reason why you can't add another line. I just added a 3rd SERO line a few days ago and the telesales rep told me that my credit check approved me up to a total of 5 SERO lines if I so choose. So now I have a total of 3 SERO lines (500/$30 each).

I did not go through SERO Dept. I went through Telesales by dialing *2 from my phone.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdever View Post
    There is no reason why you can't add another line. I just added a 3rd SERO line a few days ago and the telesales rep told me that my credit check approved me up to a total of 5 SERO lines if I so choose. So now I have a total of 3 SERO lines (500/$30 each).

I did not go through SERO Dept. I went through Telesales by dialing *2 from my phone.
    I'd be very wary of someone saying you now have the $30 SERO plan as there is no such thing. I do believe that your current plan can be extended at the current rate, but you've added a line. The new rates for SERO are 500 minutes for $59.99 and 1000 minutes for $79.99.

Here's a pic from the SERO website:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    If anyone is trying to get out of their SERO contract I would love to take over Liability by transferring it. PM if interested. Thaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I'd be very wary of someone saying you now have the $30 SERO plan as there is no such thing. I do believe that your current plan can be extended at the current rate, but you've added a line. The new rates for SERO are 500 minutes for $59.99 and 1000 minutes for $79.99.
    SERO does exist for those of us lucky enough to be grandfathered in. And I know of several people that got a new line of service under SERO/$30 terms, as long as they had one already, after the program was changed this summer.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    I know of several people that got a new line of service under SERO/$30 terms, as long as they had one already, after the program was changed this summer.
    That's really good to know, not that I have anyone to add a line for anymore, but I do know people that were lucky enough to get SERO (as my wife and myself are).
    i got two sero lines just about 2 years ago - i'm in the market for a new phone-maybe two - is the sero transferable to a new phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    i got two sero lines just about 2 years ago - i'm in the market for a new phone-maybe two - is the sero transferable to a new phone?
    Yes. I bought a HTC Pro at Best Buy last month (ended up returning it), but extended my contract for two years as part of the deal. The plan never changed, and I checked constantly online. What really worried me was when I returned it I wanted to make sure my contract date went back to where it was and I was sure that they were going to screw me up someway, but they did everything just as it should.

If you're just asking if you just buy a new phone without worrying about contract, then you can do that as often as you want and not worry about loosing SERO.
    I have a SERO plan that I got over a year ago. Earlier this year I switched from the $30 plan to the $50 plan due to a high minute usage period. Does anyone know if I can switch back to the $30 plan now that my minutes are down again?
    Thanks for the help!

John
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Yes. I bought a HTC Pro at Best Buy last month (ended up returning it), but extended my contract for two years as part of the deal. The plan never changed, and I checked constantly online. What really worried me was when I returned it I wanted to make sure my contract date went back to where it was and I was sure that they were going to screw me up someway, but they did everything just as it should.

If you're just asking if you just buy a new phone without worrying about contract, then you can do that as often as you want and not worry about loosing SERO.
    thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by hazards1 View Post
    I have a SERO plan that I got over a year ago. Earlier this year I switched from the $30 plan to the $50 plan due to a high minute usage period. Does anyone know if I can switch back to the $30 plan now that my minutes are down again?
    Thanks for the help!

John
    John, I think you're going to have a problem because there is no $30 plan anymore. In fact, the 500 minute plan is now $59.99, so you're doing better than that now. I wouldn't even try as I think that would be the perfect situation to loose what you have now, if even by accident.
    That is kind of what I was thinking as well but thought I would ask the group.
    Thanks for the input Rick!

John