Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1101
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    At last check on the SERO page, the free unlimited text message promotion is until 12/31/07. And this is a promotion that locks you in, not something you get say next week and only lasts until then, so if anybody asks, there you go.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    I went to the Sprint store yesterday to try and see if they would offer me the Centro for the dicounted price of $200 and get $100 MIR.

But I guess the dude was having a bad day and first was trying to engage in a battle of wits over which phone is better the 755p or the Centro (I currently have a 755p) He said that they told him in a "meeting" that the Centro is a low level Treo and that the 755p is superior and I said "Have you ever used either of them" and he replied with "no I dont use PDAs" so I said "then tell me why I should keep my 755p" to which he said "IDK". Meanwhile his female coworker is giggling behind him at his ignorance.

Then he preceded to be a total d!ck to me about switching to SERO and getting to keep my current number. He said since I was still under contract he couldn't offer me any kind of discount. I asked if he couldn't do it or he wouldn't and he said he wouldn't do it.

*sigh*

So I'm considering two things: Calling retentions and see what they can do for me as far as switching me over to a SERO plan and still keep my number.

Or port my number over to a pre-paid phone which would force me to pay the $200 ETF and port it back once I get the new SERO line and new Centro for $99 after the MIR. And I'm selling my 755p for $200 (its less than 6 months old and like new) to remake the $200 from the ETF.

I've been a Sprint/Nextel customer for almost 4 years and I renewed my contract when I got my 755p back in May and I dropped $400+ on it and I will NOT do that again for the Centro.

Unless by some miracle retentions or some nice CSR would switch my plan over to SERO while keeping my number AND getting me a Centro for $99 after MIR which I've read is possible but difficult to pull off.

So we'll see how it goes... *crosses fingers*
    Last edited by MadHatter1337; 11/10/2007 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
    I tried again getting ecare to switch me to a SERO plan, but they wouldn't do it.
    When they added free text msgs to my SERO last month, they told me that it won't show up in the plan summary, but you will see it under usage.

The free unlimited text messaging option will not reflect on your online account under the plan details since this option do not have any MRC attached to it. You can verify this from your current usage section online. Your current usage section will reflect Text Messages as included unlimited. The casual text messaging usage will also reflect for the text messages used prior to the option was added to the plan.
    PLAN DETAIL
    Sprint Fair & Flexible Plan

Adjustable Anytime Minutes
    $30.00 Minimum Monthly Charge
    AMERICA - ROAMING Included
    Nationwide Long Distance Included
    Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    Nights: M-Th 9PM-7AM Wknd: F 9PM-M 7AM
    Unlimited Vision Access
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    Caller ID, Call Waiting
    Three-way Calling
    Voicemail

CURRENT USAGE

Other Usage
    TEXT MESSAGES UNLIMITED 59 UNLIMITED -
    CASUAL SMS TEXT MESSAGING 0 1 0 1
    Bo Meyer
    Visor 90 --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 700p
    Mac OS X
    can someone please PM me their sprint email address? I would like to change my plan to the sero plan, I have been a long time user of Sprint and I am wanting to change plans. I am currently using the family plan with 2 phones, but we decided having a seperate line will work out better. I would really appreciate an email so I can get the sero deal.
    Thank you
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    man, they now make you send in a mail in rebate on sero?

they use to bunch all the price cuts together on a instant rebate if i remember correctly
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Last month I had spent hours on the phone trying to get my 2 Sero plans corrected after they were incorrectly setup as some other plan when I signed up through the SERO website. I thought they finally had it correct and my online accounts shows the SERO program on both phones.

Well, I just received my new bill, only to see that I was charged $150 ($75 on each phone) for data "overages" plus some additional for text messages!

This time I called the sales department number shown on the SERO site and they gave me the right department this time. They said the direct number is 888-603-7981 in case any of you have the same problem. (Last month I was transferred SEVERAL times before I got to the right place.) It took this (very nice and helpful) rep about 20 minutes (while placing me on/off hold to let me know what she was doing) but she assures me that she finally got both lines corrected now to include the unlimited data and text, and corrected my bill for this month. Hopefully she's right and next month won't hold more surprises!

Anyone else have this problem? If you're just enrolling, be sure to watch your bills!
    Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN View Post
    Anyone else have this problem? If you're just enrolling, be sure to watch your bills!
    Same thing happened to me, only after having to spend about 4 hours on the phone to get the new phone working 3 days after they arrived. I got to spend another 3 hours getting the correct plan I ordered applied and getting the bogus charges removed.

FWIW, I work for one of sprint's largest resellers; it didn't help me any. There's no such thing as a free lunch - I paid plenty for my SERO plan in wasted time the first week. (Not that I'm unhappy with my Centro or my SERO plan now.)
    I have a first hand account that the "generic" SERO address is no longer accepted.

I got the following email from a friend that I shared the SERO information with:

"There is a problem with that Sprint SERO plan. Sprint gave me a different plan that does not include data. When I called I was told that savings@sprintemi.com is not a valid email to get the SERO plan. I said since the website accepted it, I assumed it was valid but they said no. I will call websales monday. It looks like I will be sending the phone back and canceling."

Does anyone have advise for my friend? I feel partly responsible for getting him into this. I think he may have already paid an early cancellation penalty on another account because he was switching to this new account.

I'm hoping this is an inadvertent screwup and not Sprint policy to accept a web order (including taking and charging a credit card) and then not deliver on the product they agreed to provide.
    Quick follow-up.

I guess this can be filed under the adage "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

My friend called to cancel service and return the phone. They transferred him to retentions first and fixed him up with the SERO plan in short order.
    I have been lurking on for about a year and a 1/2, but now I have an issue that I need help.

My problem, I have 4 phones on a family plan, outside of contract now. My wife and I both want Centros at intro pricing i.e. $99, and to switch the lines (I know each will be separate now), and I would like to switch at least 3 of the lines to a SERO plan, maybe cancelling the 4th.
    I talked with retentions and got to the price on one of the two phones, but no headway on getting the SERO.

Am I just trying to get too much? Would a Sprint employee please PM a functional Sprint employee e-mail address. (saw the problem with the generic ones) Can I get close to the $99 deal and get the SERO?
    Hey everyone
    I just got my 700p last week and want to utilize it to the fullest of its potential. Having this SERO plan would do this for me . can someone PM a sprint employee email, or give me tips on how to get the change another way.
    thanks

p.s very great informative stuff on this site.
    TREO 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by zagmorph View Post
    I have been lurking on for about a year and a 1/2, but now I have an issue that I need help.

My problem, I have 4 phones on a family plan, outside of contract now. My wife and I both want Centros at intro pricing i.e. $99, and to switch the lines (I know each will be separate now), and I would like to switch at least 3 of the lines to a SERO plan, maybe cancelling the 4th.
    I talked with retentions and got to the price on one of the two phones, but no headway on getting the SERO.

Am I just trying to get too much? Would a Sprint employee please PM a functional Sprint employee e-mail address. (saw the problem with the generic ones) Can I get close to the $99 deal and get the SERO?
    Search is your friend, search and you shall find your answers.

With that said;
    If you are OOC, go to SERO site, get the phones that you want, you have a 30 day period to try them. After you have tried them and you want to keep them, call CS and tell them to port your OOC #'s to your new phone. You will be able to do this as your are OOC and the TOS says basically you can not port if you are in contract. Other people will tell you to port to a throw away phone such as Vigin mobile etc, you do NOT have to go through all that trouble and besides when you transfer your #'s you will have retained your "history" and "loyalty" with sprint for future concessions.

As far as an email, have you tried to google @sprint.com?
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    I posted this in the CENTRO List, but I figured others could benefit if I placed it here too:

SERO (-ish) and CENTRO--I JUST DID IT!!

I am currently out of my Sprint Contract with a T700p. (I've been a Sprint customer for at least 5 years.)

I emailed eCare three times about changing me over to the $30 SERO plan and giving me a Centro for $99. ECare was very resistant to changing--telling me each time that the new policy was that SERO could only be done on the website and with a changed number. I even sprinkled in the magic words in my emails: "IPhone," "Long time subscriber," "Out of contract"--nothing!

So, I called Retentions. At first, the lady said the new policy was that they could not make the switch--it could only be done on the website.

I asked to talk to a supervisor.

It was strange that the supervisor didn't know exactly what was being offered on SERO. She kept asking me if I knew--so I went to the SERO website and told her about the $30 SERO plan which, I understand, also includes free SMS if starting SERO before 12/31/2007.

The supervisor was able to mimic the SERO plan without calling it a SERO plan. She seemed to be doing alot of manipulating of the system--adding SMS messaging and then giving a $5 credit, adding 200 more minutes to my talk plan but then giving me a credit for $10, etc. (Seems like alot of excess work on her end.)

So my $30/month gets me unlimited Power Vision Plus (the $20 package), 500 minutes, 500 texts, unlimited picturemail. I also get the Centro for $99-no need for rebates (it's coming in the mail by Thursday). I had to agree to a 2 year contract.

I guess the iPhone can wait!

**STRANGE UPDATE**

I got my Centro in the mail. I called Sprint to transfer the number to my new phone from my old Treo 700p. When I asked when my new plan would start, the lady said she saw nothing about a new plan. I explained that Retentions had mimicked the SERO plan. The lady asked, "Do you know someone who works at Sprint." "I replied, "Yes, I do." Then, she says, okay, I'll just add the SERO plan on for you. She also added the unlimited SMS.

So, basically, everyone at Sprint is lying to you when they say the SERO plan can only be added on via the website. This operator, who wasn't even Retentions, just did it in about 5 minutes! (She read my the plan details: It included Free Roaming! --I wonder if that is true..)

Let's see what actually happens--it starts the first day of my billing cycle...

WARNING ************
    Becareful, unless you signed up at SERO you do NOT have SERO. You may have a plan that resembles SERO, but in fact it is NOT SERO.

There have been reports on other forums and this one about people who did the same thing a year ago and now are finding out that their "SERO" features have expired. In addition others who have also done it recently and have nothing but problems with their bills, etc. With SERO even if you are OOC the price will remain the price for as long as you have your account and do not make any changes to it that will not be the case with something the CS does.

I know someone will say they got this and that and eveything else and they are all fine. I am sharing what I have read and heard from others. This is just my .02.

Best
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
    Oh, by the way, does anyone know how long free text messaging will be included??
    If you sign up before the end of the year, for the lenght of your contract.
    -g-
    -g-

can someone pm me a sprint employee address?
    I'm signing up for sprint SERO next week.
    THX
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_g View Post
    WARNING ************
    Becareful, unless you signed up at SERO you do NOT have SERO. You may have a plan that resembles SERO, but in fact it is NOT SERO.

There have been reports on other forums and this one about people who did the same thing a year ago and now are finding out that their "SERO" features have expired. In addition others who have also done it recently and have nothing but problems with their bills, etc. With SERO even if you are OOC the price will remain the price for as long as you have your account and do not make any changes to it that will not be the case with something the CS does.

I know someone will say they got this and that and eveything else and they are all fine. I am sharing what I have read and heard from others. This is just my .02.

Best
    I think you bring up a good point, but I don't think that is always the case. Here's the email I received from customer service (back in May), I do hope that this is the SERO plan, and not something else, but even it is, I think this email will help me plead my case that I'm on SERO if they say otherwise.

Dear Richard,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I sincerely apologize for the
    inconvenience caused to you due to the non communication about the SERO plan.

As per your request I have added the SERO plan of $49.99 for the line
    xxx-xxx-xxxx and of $30.00 on the line xxx-xxx-xxxx effective May 31,
    2007. The SERO plan on your line will provide you 1250 Anytime
    Minutes and the plan on your wife's line will provide you with 500 Anytime
    Minutes.

The above mentioned plans will also Include the following features :

1. Night and Weekend Minutes starting at 7 PM.

2. Unlimited Mobile to Mobile.

3. Unlimited Roaming.

4. Unlimited Vision

Besides this I have also added the unlimited text messaging for free on
    both the lines. So you will also enjoy Unlimited text messaging on both
    the lines.

Have I resolved your concern? Please let me know by replying to my email.

We value your business and always look forward to the opportunity to
    provide you excellent service now and in the future. Thank you and have a
    great day!

E-Care
    Sprint
    "Where our customers come first!"
    Here's the thread that I used as my model for contacting CS.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144041
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I would advise anyone interested in a SERO plan to view the thread in SprintUsers.com (don't read the whole tread or you'll be dead from old age - just read the last three or four pages and that will give you the jist). They have several forum members who like to help others get into SERO. There are some tricks of the trade. The main trick is to get SERO through the website as it minimizes hours of talking to various service reps. As some have already posted you may have to talk to them anyway to correct things. Anyway, go there an look for a forum member named LiglyRichBich, and she will teach you the ways of the SERO force.
    OOC??
    TOS??

So far I have:
    OOC---Out Of Contract
    Last edited by caseyatbt; 12/01/2007 at 10:08 AM.
    Terms of Service.