Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24247484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1101
    Is this legit? So no more free vision, text, etc?
    Kyocera 6035 > Treo 300 > Samsung i300 > Samsung i330 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p
    Not sure what to think. They advised me plans changing but I see nothing about this on other sites. Everyone here always seems to have th best advice. I am still going for a sero plan now that my contract expired today!!
    I just now completed the order through 800 phone, and they don't even ask me about the reference email address!

And I am offered price that is different from the web. It is the price when mail-in rebate is applied... that means no mail-in rebate is necessary (199,99 for treo 755p).

Finally, I asked about promotion code that other guys used to add $50 credit, but they say they don't accept it. Maybe I can get it later by email..
  4. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I was reading that 9/24/07 is when there will be some changes made to the SERO plan. I know for sure that the Unlimited sms will be removed from that plan. Not sure about the Unlimited Vision.
    I'm strongly considering switching from T-mobile to Sprint SERO. Just have one question:

I keep seeing people say they order the phone, then port the number. I'm out of contract, so would it not make more sense to just port when I order online?

Is there a specific reason not to do this?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    I'm strongly considering switching from T-mobile to Sprint SERO. Just have one question:

I keep seeing people say they order the phone, then port the number. I'm out of contract, so would it not make more sense to just port when I order online?

Is there a specific reason not to do this?

Thanks.
    I moved from T-Mobile to Sprint/Sero back in June (and I'm very happy ever since). When I ordered online I was told that porting the number has to be done after the Treo 755p was in my hands. Once it showed up I called the activation dept. and got my number ported. It took about 2 hours (which I think is pretty fast).

Cheers.
    Hnh.

Okay. I'm going to try it Online (there's a little form for it and it said I was ok for porting) and then if that doesn't work I'll use the phone.

I've had nothing but good dealings with T-Mobile, but My 650 is cracked and I can't afford an unlocked Treo. I tried a Dash but hated it (I needs me some touchscreen). The 755P looks great. And the data rates look amazing.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Typo Lad View Post
    Hnh.

Okay. I'm going to try it Online (there's a little form for it and it said I was ok for porting) and then if that doesn't work I'll use the phone.

I've had nothing but good dealings with T-Mobile, but My 650 is cracked and I can't afford an unlocked Treo. I tried a Dash but hated it (I needs me some touchscreen). The 755P looks great. And the data rates look amazing.

Thanks!
    Yea, if you port the number when you order the phone you could be days without the phone number since they will port it before they ship it, I think and your t-mobile will stop working once it's ported.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Yea, if you port the number when you order the phone you could be days without the phone number since they will port it before they ship it, I think and your t-mobile will stop working once it's ported.
    Oh ouch. Thanks Rick. I guess I'll order, then port. I need my cell to live.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    well I decided to jump on the bandwagon, as I am paying $120 a month for a shared plan. Granted its got 2000 minutes and all the add ons but we don't use that many minutes. most of them are PCS to PCS. Its grandfathered..and we are only paying $80 for them, so its never been worth it to downgrade.

I sent ecare a message last night simply mentioning my father has worked for sprint for 20 years and we have been with PCS for over 10..and that I wanted SERO with no ETF or anything. They said they would be glad to switch both lines over! So apparently I am getting two of the $30 sero plans+insurance, minus the sprint employee discount, and a tiny loyalty discount. Should be around 45-50 bucks total! I'm glad I sent that email last night

I asked them to write back with a list of everything included just so I have it in writing, but hopefully its a done deal.
    Okay, my order is in and on the way... but the site has it as Sprint Basic 200.

huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Pefect! Thanks for that link and thanks to gksmithlcw for giving hope!

Off to magical e-care land...

I'll post back if I have any success or, more likely, with humorous Sprint stories.
    Okay results!

eCare/email:

• Had a nice exchange and about 5 emails. No luck Said they cannot do it from their end but to call CS.

CS
    • 1 call, 5 minutes and switched to $30/SERO.

Honestly, I took about 2 weeks off between the email and the first phone call. I was shocked at how easy it was, within about 3 minutes I was saying yes to renewing my 2 year contract (gah) and finished up.

Just checked my account online and all is kosher. Now I just have to work on getting back my corp discount, which I'll do via eCare this week.

So to conclude: they can and will switch your account to SERO: no ETF, no # change.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 09/19/2007 at 04:39 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    "Unlimited text messaging included with all plans through 12/31/07"

I can find no mention anywhere on SERO about unlimited roaming.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by Franko515 View Post
    i was still under contract with 1yr to go they just updated my acct to a fresh 2yr contract and i got SERO, plus i still get my 23% company discount

i dont understand the need to add a extra line
    Well i was wondering I am eligible for an upgrade on Oct 1st...I am also 1yr into my contract. If I upgrade and change my plan, would I more than likely b eligible for the sero b4 the end of the new 30day period after i get my new phones? I am on a shared family plan with my hubby right now and we have the 550mins for 59.99...this would allow us to have separate lines, with our own mins and pcs vision and txt'ing...right? Please let me know how I can do this as I do have a working sprint employee's email...just need to know what to do and the right time to call sprint as they do have very high call volumes. Thanks 4 any help.
    So I ordered phones using "savings@sprintemi.com". It seemed to work on the internet and they sent the phones. I went to activate them and it seems that the plan was never set up. The activation people implied that the email address was invalid and didn't really give me any options on what to do next. Any suggestions?

possible complications:
    - set up two phones at the same time
    - transferring numbers in from Verizon
    - those numbers were sprint numbers as of a few weeks ago when
    ------
    Dave
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Anyone call yet about extending their SERO plan to get a discount on the Centro? I want it but $399 is steep. I see on Palm's site you can extend normal plans for $199, but curious if Sprint will do that for SERO accounts.
    One SERO snag for me... Sprint charged me twice for the phone.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    It took two weeks, but I finally think I have things working for me with the Sero plan. I switched from Verizon on a 650 to Sprint Sero with the 755P. Actually I bought one two Thursdays ago, then bought a second for my wife the next day. Here's my nightmare that, hopefully, is finally over. Sorry for the long post, but maybe my ordeal will provide things to look out for when others are switching:

I did sign up (both days) using the sero website and the savings@sprintemi.com address. That seemed to work fine and it told me I would get the $30 plan. When I received the first phone, I called (*2) and asked them to port my number from Verizon. That went fine and my number ported relatively easily. I did see in my online account at Sprint that it showed a different plan, but according to this thread it appeared that I shouldn't be concerned. (I should have though -- read on.)

When my wife's phone came, hers showed online with a different plan yet, but still I figured maybe it would be okay. So anyway, I then called Sprint again and asked to port her Verizon number over to her new phone. Of course since both of our phones were on my account, I ensured that the rep was porting to the correct new phone by repeatedly going over the Treo serial number and temporary Sprint number, and was assured it would be ported just fine. Well, guess what -- the next day I realized that MY phone now had HER number on it! Sure enough, they ported her number to my phone, wiping out my old number they ported before and leaving the temporary number on hers.

So, I figured okay, this should be easy enough for them to correct. Well, after spending the next THREE HOURS on the phone with them, they understood the error and said that unfortunately since my number (the one they ported correctly just a couple days prior then lost when they ported over) was "released". So, they would have to request it back which would take at least 5 - 7 days! They put this on a "top priority", etc., etc. I won't bore with the details, but after two MORE temporary numbers and spending at least another 4 hours with them on the phone during the ensuing days, they FINALLY got the numbers correct on both phones yesterday. Phew!

BUT, Wednesday I got my first bill. Was I billed for the Sero plan? Of course not! I was billed for $49 for each line PLUS over $80 in data useage! So, I called them about this. Well, for about an hour of being told "I don't know what a SERO plan is, let me transfer you..." I was actually transferred 4 times! FINALLY, the last transfer was to someone in "Account Services" who asked why I was leaving Sprint and if there was anything they could do to keep me! I said actually I just joined Sprint, and he apologized saying normally people get transferred to him for retentions. But, he got the account straightend out for me. He kept me on the phone while he called other departments, got transferred, etc. (apparently it even happens internally) until he finally got it all worked out and credited me back for the incorrect billing.

So now, I have the correct numbers on the correct phones, my plans online do say the Sero F&F plan correctly, and my signals actually seem better than I had with Verizon. Hopefully, I'll have no more problems. The whole time so far I just had to keep thinking about about the $1000 that I'll save annually over Verizon. (Yep, for the two phones, it means $1000 savings per year -- gotta love that!)
    So, have people been having success with the savings@sprintemi.com address or are they not honoring that address anymore without snags? If any employees of sprint see this and don't mind me using their e-mail, please PM me (that way I could avoid any issues with the savings@sprintemi.com adress).

Also, anyone heard if the HTC Touch will be offered through Sero when it comes out Nov. 4? I have two lines of service with Sprint right now (one line is up April 2009 ans the 2nd line is up 12/21/07). I never use my second line and don't need it. My plan is to sign up for a new account thru Sero and get the HTC Touch on November 4 (or when it appears on Sero) and cancel my second line on 12/21/07 to avoid ETF for that line and then cancel my 1st line (that expires April 2009) and pay the ETF of $200. I know I'll be double paying from November 4 thru 12/21 but it will be minimal. I figure I'll still save money thru Sero even though I'll have to pay the ETF on that first line (and I'll have a sweet new Touch!).

Anyone see any problems with that logic? Also, I have been with Sprint for 7 years or so and have build up loyalty thru them...for my 2 lines of service right now, I pay $90 for 1250 minutes, Vision, unlimited text messages and insurance. If I sign up for a new account thru Sero and then eventually cancel my other 2 lines, I'll lose the "sprint cred" or "loyalty", right? It won't carry over to the Sero line will it? If I understand correctly it will appear as if I'm a new customer on Sprint?

Thanks in advance. I anyone has any ideas that are better than mine or knows how I might be able to get out of the ETF, let me know!!!

Matt
    Oh, by the way, does anyone know how long free text messaging will be included??