Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
    My understanding is a customer must be gone for 90 days before they are considered a new customer again and getting the extra rebates/discounts. If some have done what you describe it was a breakdown in the system.

As to why carriers do this, new customer are new revenue. If an existing customer leaves the carrier get at least $150 per line. If they are out of contract the customer usually gets some special offer like a % discount off MRC's or the like.

ALL cell phone providers sell the phones at a loss to new customers because they make it up in service charges over the course of 24 mos. or so which explains why the 2 yr. contract has become the standard. There is no good financial reason to offer the same discounts to existing customers. I, like you, wish it was otherwise. Even we employees receive NO discount on equipment unless we qualify for a rebate.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Wouldn't it make sense to offer the discount to existing customers for the same reason as new customers? To lock us back in for another two years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    ..... There is no good financial reason to offer the same discounts to existing customers. ....
    Really? Getting the same amount over two years without having to minus the cost of a phone at the beginning isn't a good idea?

Fact of the matter is all carriers are more interested in taking customers from other carriers. New customers look better on the annual report even though they cost more.
    I was told by CSthat sero is not offered in my market? what gives?
    Treoing & Loving it
    Let me ask a question to the people that called CS and got through to retention.

How did you start the conversation with the retention rep? How did you set the tone? Did you tell them they you basically wanted the SERO plan or else you was off?

Just curious since I always find that opening up the conversation in the right way helps alot, so looking for what people have done to get the SERO plan before I give them a call
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Ive been toying on switching to sprint as my company gives a 23% discount. Now this sero deal makes it even sweeter. The question is can i add the 23% discount after i start a SERO plan or does it have to be on some plan before to grandfather into it? Most of the posts here talk about retaining a preexisting company discount. I presently dont have a sprint plan for my wireless service.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    THANKS SKFNY
    I just switched over to SERO plan

few notes

500min $30 (includes unlimited vision, unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited mobile to mobile, pic and video mail, long distance, voicemail, caller id, call waiting)

it doesnt included unlimited text messages (i added it for $15) they also had 500 for $8

i got nights starting at 7pm $5

ins. $6

Grand total $56.00 (plus i get 23% off my bill everymonth from my job)

I have everything i had before (except biz connect) for a savings of $15 per month plus my 23% off

i have attached what the SERO plan includes below
    I didnt call and ask for retention at all. I just called regular business CS and asked for the plan. 1st guy didnt know what it was and asked his supervisor who didnt know either and they both told me to do it online in order to get the office. 2nd time I got someone who knew what it was and how to add it. I didnt have to threaten. My plan was set to be up in 2 months anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    Let me ask a question to the people that called CS and got through to retention.

How did you start the conversation with the retention rep? How did you set the tone? Did you tell them they you basically wanted the SERO plan or else you was off?

Just curious since I always find that opening up the conversation in the right way helps alot, so looking for what people have done to get the SERO plan before I give them a call

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    ok, I thought my plan was good. Let me compare...
    I have a Nation PCS Free & Clear family plan that includes:
    2000 shared anytime
    free nights and weekends starting at 6
    unlimited power vision (mm-a900)
    unlimited regular vision (treo650)
    unlimited SMS (both lines)
    unlimited PCS to PCS
    insurance on both phones.
    Then of course the regular voice mail, free nationwide long distance, call forwarding, threeway, ect, ect.

I pay $132, but then I get a $36 discount (federal/military employee discount)

So, are the plans you are refering to worth the trouble for me to switch, or did I just get the luckiest plan imaginable? In other words, anyone manage to get a better deal than what I have?
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    I tried this three different times / days. Each time I was direced to sprint.com/sero. That site reflects new service yada yada yada.

Has anybody gotten this plan recently and how did you go about getting it?
    Quote Originally Posted by tencargarage
    I tried this three different times / days. Each time I was direced to sprint.com/sero. That site reflects new service yada yada yada.

Has anybody gotten this plan recently and how did you go about getting it?
    Dial *2 from your phone.

I switched over Monday. Only took two calls, and the only reason for the second call was because the first one transfered me to the wrong dept.

I just told the guy I wanted to switch to the SERO plan. I got lucky and got a n00b. He had no clue what it was, so he had to ask someone about it. Once he had confirmed there was such a plan and how to access it, he switched me over, no questions asked.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11.    #91  
    Can someone log in to your account and post on here what it says your data package is. Mine and my wife's plan both say 'Unlimited Vision Access', and I've called to confirm that this is Power Vision (we're both using Power Vision devices), but if someone else with a PowerVision phone could confirm that it should NOT say 'Power Vision' anywhere, that would be great.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Can someone log in to your account and post on here what it says your data package is. Mine and my wife's plan both say 'Unlimited Vision Access', and I've called to confirm that this is Power Vision (we're both using Power Vision devices), but if someone else with a PowerVision phone could confirm that it should NOT say 'Power Vision' anywhere, that would be great.
    Same as yours (ppc6700)
    OOPS, I think I messed up...

So, I emailed E-Care and asked about the SERO plans. Here is the response...

Dear Gerry,

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel regarding the Sprint Employee Referral Offer (SERO) plan.

The SERO plans are only offered to employees of Sprint or their friends and family members.

Therefore, if you are a Non-Employee of Sprint and if you have any relative or friend who is an employee of Sprint then you can get this plan by contacting him/her.

Non-Employees (friends and family members of Sprint Employees) must sign up for the service through the InPhonic website (http://www.sprintpcs.com/sero). A promotional offer and sign-up details will be provided to employees of Sprint only to give to their family and friends so that they can sign up for this plan. The flyer will include the InPhonic website URL and sign-up instructions. The flyer will also include a space for the Sprint employee to write their Sprint email address which is required for employee verification.

Call us at 1-888-788-4727 from a landline phone for any further discussion in this matter.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Jason P.
    Business E-Care
    Sprint together with Nextel
    "Where our customers come first!"

Now I guess I need to get sneaky or start asking everyone I see if they work for sprint.
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    Which plan do you want? It might be better to get a non SERO plan. The 1250 SERO plan is $49. I called up asking about SERO plans and I was offered a non SERO plan of 1000 minutes for $38. Free power/vision etc, etc, etc. The only other difference is that n/w starts at 7pm for this plan instead of at 9pm for the SERO plans.
    ok so i want to take advantage of the sero offer, but i also need a new phone. i am already a sprint customer. what would be the best way of doing this use my upgrade and switch tomorrow? or?/
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by skee2much
    ok so i want to take advantage of the sero offer, but i also need a new phone. i am already a sprint customer. what would be the best way of doing this use my upgrade and switch tomorrow? or?/

The one negative about the SERO:

YOU LOSE YOUR 12MONTH / 24MONTH UPGRADE CREDIT WITH THE $29.99 SERO PLAN. CREDITS ARE ONLY FOR PLANS $35 AND UP.

Adding SMS or insurance doesn't count - your base plan must be over $35.

I don't care, I'm saving a ton anyway.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    The one negative about the SERO:

YOU LOSE YOUR 12MONTH / 24MONTH UPGRADE CREDIT WITH THE $29.99 SERO PLAN. CREDITS ARE ONLY FOR PLANS $35 AND UP.

Adding SMS or insurance doesn't count - your base plan must be over $35.

I don't care, I'm saving a ton anyway.

i would pick the 50$ plan. so that is not what i am worried about. i need a new phone. i think i am going to get the phone (use my credit) then swtich over to sero.
    Wow, thank you to this community for talking about this program! I have been with Cingular for a year with a Razr. I've been itching to get a Smartphone for a while but just couldn't justify the cost of a data access plan. Under the SERO setup I am getting more minutes, more features (prime among them the unlimited data network access) for less money. Uber nice. :-)

I do have a question: My order clearly shows that I chose the SERO 500 plan (which was listed at $30 per month). When I log into my account on the Sprint website it lists my plan as "PCS Advantage Agreement." At the top where it appears to be explaning the features of my plan it says I have the Sprint Fair and Flexible Plan with a $30.00 minimum charge and rather than a defined number of minutes it says I have adjustable anytime minutes.

Is this consistent with how Sprint lists the SERO plans to other folks, or do I need to contact Sprint Customer Service to get my plan corrected?

Thanks,
    Jonathan
    Quote Originally Posted by knightedbishop
    Wow, thank you to this community for talking about this program! I have been with Cingular for a year with a Razr. I've been itching to get a Smartphone for a while but just couldn't justify the cost of a data access plan. Under the SERO setup I am getting more minutes, more features (prime among them the unlimited data network access) for less money. Uber nice. :-)

I do have a question: My order clearly shows that I chose the SERO 500 plan (which was listed at $30 per month). When I log into my account on the Sprint website it lists my plan as "PCS Advantage Agreement." At the top where it appears to be explaning the features of my plan it says I have the Sprint Fair and Flexible Plan with a $30.00 minimum charge and rather than a defined number of minutes it says I have adjustable anytime minutes.

Is this consistent with how Sprint lists the SERO plans to other folks, or do I need to contact Sprint Customer Service to get my plan corrected?

Thanks,
    Jonathan
    It's sounds right to me. The SERO plan is a Fair & Flex plan, just discounted and loaded with with other goodies.

My page doesn't mention SERO anywhere, here's a cut and paste from my account. Does your page show this?

Sprint Fair & Flexible Plan

* Adjustable Anytime Minutes
    * $30.00 Minimum Monthly Charge
    * AMERICA - ROAMING Included
    * Nationwide Long Distance Included
    * Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    * Nights: M-Th 9PM-7AM Wknd: F 9PM-M 7AM
    * Unlimited Vision Access
    * Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    * Caller ID, Call Waiting
    * Three-way Calling
    * Voicemail
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Mine looks exactly like Insertions except I signed up when they first released SERO so I also have the unlimited text messaging.