Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
    Sorry, I didnt read the post...disregard my last post.
    Quote Originally Posted by wtc7676 View Post
    Sorry, I didnt read the post...disregard my last post.
    okay I did. You stated you did all that via email - what email address was that? I am close to end of contract and want to stay with Sprint but I have crappy reception at my house and hear the 755P may be better reception-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown_g View Post
    I know people are saying that in order for existing customers to get the SERO plan you will lose your number. Well I can confirm that is not true. I was able to CONVERT my existing account to a SERO account.

So I didn't lose my number, I didn't have to buy a new phone, I didn't have to close (terminate) my account and pay the $150 fee. I did get the promotional unlimited txt msgs and I kept my discount. All this was done by email. I didn't have to speak to anyone for this.

So Sprint has been good to me. I guess being with them for 6-7 years does pay off in the end.

I had NO luck converting my existing 4 lines to SERO... I'm currently on a $200/month monster plan. I used the phone number issued by the SERO website ater entering the savings@sprintemi.com email address.. I would appreciate any assistance you can offer me (and others). DETAILS DETAILS WE NEED DETAILS!!!!
    Hey,
    I switched to SERO in January when I was forced to switch my 3rd party plan over to a consumer plan. It took me about 5 different CS reps to get switched over to SERO, but I finally got a hold of someone over at employee accounts who did it without any hesitation! Then about a month ago, I emailed ecare to get my SERO plan adjusted to reflect the free unlimited text messages they're offering now.

It was definitely frustrating since it seems like a lot of reps don't know what SERO is. Then there are the reps who think you're asking about an employee plan instead of an employee referral plan!

Be careful though when you sign up for it. I told my coworker about it and he had been trying off and on for the past few months, and FINALLY was able to get a rep to get him on the SERO plan. He spoke to someone about it months ago who told him that they put him on it, when they actually just gave him account credits monthly to sort of get his plan down to the SERO price.

Since that was so convoluted, I made him call back and get on the real SERO plan. The rep we spoke to yesterday was still being hesitant about giving him the plan, so I just told them to go to the SERO site and check it out for themselves!

It really is a great plan, but it's ridiculous how difficult it can be to get on it! But hey, a little pain to get such a great deal is worth it

Long story short, to get SERO, call employee accounts at 866-250-2221. Don't call the SERO number, don't dial *2, do not pass go, and do not collect $200. Be nice to them and if it doesn't work, try again later!
    Last edited by juniormints; 06/26/2007 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Added info
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle View Post
    and that would be what email address you we're setting all this up with?
    I used no email address on the website at all. I logged into my account. On that main page is a link to contact us then on the next page click email us. I used the form on that new page to talk to Sprint. I never threatened to leave Sprint. Just talked about how good Sprint has been to me compared to how my other friends are dealing with they problematic cellular companies. Just be nice and come up with a sympathetic sorry on why you should keep your number and phone and how loyal you have been to Sprint.

Also from what I have read and been told, The SERO account is not really a multi-phone account. Some have gotten two phones on it, but if you are trying to get a whole family on it, sprint might turn you down.

I also read that with this plan, if you get a drop call, all you have to do is call *2 and say "dropped call" and your account will be credited $.50 for the call. I haven't tried it yet but will soon.
    Last edited by unknown_g; 06/26/2007 at 06:27 PM.
    Just got my wife on her own SERO account last night. Emailed customer care today with 2 separate emails. Got 10% loyalty approved on first email and was approved for one of the $50 credits on the other one.

Now I am going to try and get her the additional 10% credit union members discount and use another one of the $50 credit codes...saving money is so addicting

UPDATE: I got another $50 credit applied using another code "Save50" and the 10% Credit Union Members corp discount applied. This gives her a total of $100 in credits and 20% discount on her SERO plan. Combine this with the current $100 new customer mail in rebate and the $75 Kelloggs rebate and its a damn sweet deal.

I did all of these requests in separate emails to ecare. I did not deal with anyone on the phone. What's funny is that the phone has not even arrived, but I got these discounts approved already. Her Q should be here today.
    Last edited by stroths; 06/27/2007 at 12:03 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown_g View Post

Also from what I have read and been told, The SERO account is not really a multi-phone account. Some have gotten two phones on it, but if you are trying to get a whole family on it, sprint might turn you down.
    Maybe they didn't talk tp the right person.
    Within the last 2 weeks, I called Sprint retentions on behalf of a friend. Gave a sob story about the bread-winner being unemployed. With only a gentle nudge, I was able to switch their 3 phones off of a family plan, to 3 separate 500 min SERO plans. They got more minutes, AND are paying less.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Between the high doses of caffeine I am on today and the deal I made, I'm a little giddy so my apologies ahead of time.

I am getting my wife a 6800 for free after credits and rebates on her new SERO account. Bought her a Q for free after the 2 $50 credits I managed to work in on her new SERO account. (google SERO Slickdeals for more details on these discounts). I didn't care much for the Q and wanted her to have the same phone I already have (6800).

I am returning the Q (retain $449) for the 6800 (retail $549) for the $100 difference which they just charged me. I will mail in the Kelloggs $75 rebate making the 6800 $25 after rebates. Plus we each get a $25 gift card since I referred her to Sprint. If you take the giftcard into consideration, we are getting the 6800 for free.

In addition I got her a %10 loyalty discount and a 10% credit union member discount (20% total) off her monthly SERO bill.

God I love Sprint and the deals you can make with them.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I bought a Treo 755 and then found out about the Sero Plan. I tried many times to see if I could switch with no luck. Today, I ordered the 755 with the sero plan and am taking the other phone back within the 30 days without penalty. Customer care found a way for me to keep my existing #. I was told by others that I would have to port my # to a different carrier and then back. Sprint told me that I could ask for a "transfer of liability" which will put the new phone on my existing account and then they could switch the number to my # which I have already had. They gave my old phone a different # and my new phone a temporary ESN. When you buy the phone through the web for the Sero plan, they give you a temporary #. They tell you to then call customer care to switch it unless you like the #. I now have unlimited internet and text messaging, 500 minutes and no roaming charges for $30.00 a month. Hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by omonhpy; 06/30/2007 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Added additoinal info
    I purchased a Treo 755 and got a new # and then found out about the Sero Plan. I was told to take the phone back and order from the sprint site for Sero. I talked with somebody who recommended porting my # to another carrier, taking the phone back and ordering a new one. Once I get the new phone I can port it back to sprint. Called again and was told that would not work so I ordered the phone with the Sero plan, took back the other phone and customer service set it up so that I can keep my number. She transferred the new phone to my existing account, gave it a temporary ESN # and told me when I get my new phone to give them the correct ESN #. She ten gave a new phone # to the phone I was taking back so they would not cancel my phone #. It did not take long and when I explained that I wanted to keep my number she said that would not be a problem and figured out a way to do that. For people with existing accounts, I would suggest being persistent and calling the customer service # for employee accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ELMitz View Post
    I had NO luck converting my existing 4 lines to SERO... I'm currently on a $200/month monster plan. I used the phone number issued by the SERO website ater entering the savings@sprintemi.com email address.. I would appreciate any assistance you can offer me (and others). DETAILS DETAILS WE NEED DETAILS!!!!
    Are you still under contact? If not, then you can just open up a new SERO plan and port the number form your existing lines over to the new SERO lines. My friend just did it, but he was not under contact anymore with his existing lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by omonhpy View Post
    I purchased a Treo 755 and got a new # and then found out about the Sero Plan. I was told to take the phone back and order from the sprint site for Sero. I talked with somebody who recommended porting my # to another carrier, taking the phone back and ordering a new one. Once I get the new phone I can port it back to sprint. Called again and was told that would not work so I ordered the phone with the Sero plan, took back the other phone and customer service set it up so that I can keep my number. She transferred the new phone to my existing account, gave it a temporary ESN # and told me when I get my new phone to give them the correct ESN #. She ten gave a new phone # to the phone I was taking back so they would not cancel my phone #. It did not take long and when I explained that I wanted to keep my number she said that would not be a problem and figured out a way to do that. For people with existing accounts, I would suggest being persistent and calling the customer service # for employee accounts.

I agreed, that's how my friend did it with his account, calling them streight. The Rep at SERO 888 number, can't help much. Call their emp cs directly 866-250-2221.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecowper View Post
    I found out today that if your SERO account does NOT show UNLIMITED text messages, they didn't give it to you. I emailed Sprint Customer Service and they took care of it for me within 30 minutes of the email.

I did the same thing today although it took slightly longer than 30 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcl View Post
    I did the same thing today although it took slightly longer than 30 minutes.
    Still, that's not bad really. Just make sure your SERO plan shows the unlimited text messages, otherwise you don't have it. They also backdated it to cover the several days when I thought I had it and didn't. Which is a darn good thing, I use SMS extensively and had about 300 messages racked up, that would get very expensive, very fast.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Employee Referral Offer

This plan includes

* Unlimited Nights & Weekends starting at 7pm!
    * Domestic long distance
    * Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    * Unlimited Web/Data Access
    * Unlimited Picture Mail (with compatible devices)

This doenst cover roam, does it? Meaning if I am say in Los Angeles or Dallas (Not in my home city), I will be paying up the ying yang?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Obviously none of us using the SERO actually WORK at SPrint, but if my firm provides a recurring charge discount (25% off, i last checked) would i be able to apply it? I guess that sounds stupid, but maybe there is a loophole or a way to apply that onto the account. I currently have that discount taken off each month, and if I switch switch to SERO,even though I'm a current sprint customer, would that discount code hold? hmmm
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301 View Post
    Employee Referral Offer

This plan includes

* Unlimited Nights & Weekends starting at 7pm!
    * Domestic long distance
    * Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    * Unlimited Web/Data Access
    * Unlimited Picture Mail (with compatible devices)

This doenst cover roam, does it? Meaning if I am say in Los Angeles or Dallas (Not in my home city), I will be paying up the ying yang?
    Yes, the SERO plan includes unlimited roaming. I have the 1250 minute plan but my wife's plan says the same thing with $30 where mine has the $49.99. Don't forget, you probably will not be able to change to the SERO plan, but would have to get a new number and account. Then, I would try and get my company discount through writing the billing department from the website. Here is the plan straight off my account(and I did not capitalize the roaming, Sprint did):

Sprint Fair & Flexible Plan
    Adjustable Anytime Minutes
    $49.99 Minimum Monthly Charge
    AMERICA - ROAMING Included
    Nationwide Long Distance Included
    Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
    Unlimited Vision Access
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    Caller ID, Call Waiting
    Three-way Calling
    Voicemail
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Yes, the SERO plan includes unlimited roaming. I have the 1250 minute plan but my wife's plan says the same thing with $30 where mine has the $49.99. Don't forget, you probably will not be able to change to the SERO plan, but would have to get a new number and account. Then, I would try and get my company discount through writing the billing department from the website. Here is the plan straight off my account(and I did not capitalize the roaming, Sprint did):

Sprint Fair & Flexible Plan
    Adjustable Anytime Minutes
    $49.99 Minimum Monthly Charge
    AMERICA - ROAMING Included
    Nationwide Long Distance Included
    Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
    Unlimited Vision Access
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    Caller ID, Call Waiting
    Three-way Calling
    Voicemail
    Ah, so the Empoyee Referral Offer = Fair and flex. Cool. I didnt know you had to get a new number, however. Yikes. This might not work for me. I am ball and chain to my number.... Thanks for the info.
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301 View Post
    Ah, so the Empoyee Referral Offer = Fair and flex. Cool. I didnt know you had to get a new number, however. Yikes. This might not work for me. I am ball and chain to my number.... Thanks for the info.
    Some people have had luck switching to SERO from existing Sprint plans, but I really haven't heard of too many lately as it seems like it's getting more difficult. I've had a friend at work go the letter campaign, but he wasn't lucky at all. Seems the new account would be the best way to go for SERO but I understand, I couldn't change my number either.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    for the poster with the corp discount, I was able to have my 23% corp discount applied on top of my SERO plan. I have the 1250 minute plan (49.99) + insurance (7.00). After tax and then applying my discount, my cost is $50.61/month.