Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
    thanks for the link to the sprint sero plan but its says i have to enter sprint employee e-mail adress.so i was wondering if you can help me out .thanks
    thanks it worked
    The link says that you have to call a phone number, I don't see any online application. Is that correct?

Thanks,

cassi
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead
    Quote Originally Posted by cassidy2 View Post
    The link says that you have to call a phone number, I don't see any online application. Is that correct?

Thanks,

cassi
    They changed it. This is new. Only a list of phones, and an 800 number. Plan details only on the front page. Not a single link once you get in. This bites.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I was about to post
    the read post one icon
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by psixichka View Post
    I was about to post
    the read post one icon
    lol
    Huh?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Alcohol and TC don't mix...lol
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Alcohol and TC don't mix...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Huh?
    you don't know what you're missing
    Quote Originally Posted by psixichka View Post
    you don't know what you're missing
    Um, I'll pass. Just googled your name, and came up with this:
    Attached Images Attached Images

-Jack Handy, SNL-

SH I couldnt have actually shared the info
    but you aren't worthy
    My service agreement for my Sprint Treo 650 recently ended and I really wanted to get a cheaper plan than my 1400 minute plus extras that weighed in at about 115 per month.

I first tried calling retentions and explaining what I needed for minutes, etc. and giving them a chance to get my bill down close to $50 per. We haggled, we consulted with managers, we went round and round. In the end, we weren't able to get close to a good deal for me.

I gave up and decided to try the Sero route. I liked the plans, I liked the cost, I didn't mind having to sign a new service agreement. The only trouble is that I couldn't see a way to sign up for a Sero plan without ordering a new phone. I like my 650 and none of the new Treos are compelling enough for me to upgrade.

I considered just ordering one of the cheap, basic phones and then just switch my Treo to the Sero plan and the new phone to my old plan. After that, I'd be free to dump my old plan and throw the basic phone in a drawer.

It offended my sensibilities to do something so cumbersome so I tried retentions again. I explained my situation to the retentions representative and explained that I'd rather just have my phone switched to a Sero plan. I told her that it was good for me, since it saved me trouble and the cost of the new phone. I also explained that shipping me a phone for next to nothing and doing all the account switching was a waste of money to Sprint as well. It took about 45 minutes and a supervisor that could see the logic of saving both me and Sprint money and time but I now have a nice Sero plan that has everything my old plan did (minus 200 minutes) and costs about half as much!
    Last edited by cz6y48; 08/28/2007 at 03:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
    SERO is only for new customers. Some people have had success switching from a different Sprint plan (myself included), but maybe it's just luck. The only way is to try.
    Very much a newbe here but I stumbles across this thread when I was researching Treos. I have been with Sprint for 7 1/2 years and my current contract has been expired for two years. I tried to get this plan yesterday but to no avail.

Although I did get something out of them. They renewed my current contract as is (none of the current plans are as good as my existing one) so I could get the discounts for a new phone. I also got an extra 200 minuts out of them.

The SERO plan is nice if you can get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcl View Post
    Very much a newbe here but I stumbles across this thread when I was researching Treos. I have been with Sprint for 7 1/2 years and my current contract has been expired for two years. I tried to get this plan yesterday but to no avail.

Although I did get something out of them. They renewed my current contract as is (none of the current plans are as good as my existing one) so I could get the discounts for a new phone. I also got an extra 200 minuts out of them.

The SERO plan is nice if you can get it.
    Actually I tried again this morning and got it. Just checked my online account and it was there except it did not show the unlimited texting.

My situation was a little different. This all started Thurseday when I was trying to change the number on my Kyocera 6035 (don't laugh ) and Sprint was unable to do it. They told me that the Kyocera's software was out of date and they could not make the change and they could not change back to the old number either. Basically they killed my Kyocera (it worked up until I called them) and wanted me to sign a new plan inorder to get a new phone. I was able to use this as leverage to get the SERO plan once I knew about it.

The only thing about all of this is that I ended up with a Motorola Q instead of a Palm based phone. I only want to a phone that can sync with Outlook and can run a few apps. Hopefully the Q can do that.
    I called on Fri the 15th using savings@sprintemi.com to get the number to call in. First the rep told me Sprint didn't service my area...I live in Astoria (Queens), part of NYC, and live within a two minute walk from one corporate Sprint store and two resellers, so I found this hard to believe. After a couple rounds of this with him retyping my zip code, etc, he came back and said that I was right, they did service my area (duh), he was sorry for the mixup.

He took all my info, including billing, gave me a temporary number (I was eventually planning to port my Verizon number), and put me on hold to set it all up. He came back and apologized that he had an issue putting it in and would have to take all my info again. He did, and then put me on hold yet again (now we were nearing 40 min by the time all was said and done), and told me it was all set.

With all the delays and extended holds each time he went to activate it, my suspicion is that the system may not have wanted to give me that plan with the generic address, and he had to get permission to override it and let me have it. I don't know for sure, he didn't offer any explanation, and I wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth by asking.

The only other hassles I had were that he was supposed to change the shipping address for me so it would ship to work, since I wouldn't be home to get it, and that got screwed up, so I had to call and wait on hold another 50 minutes to get Sprint to call UPS and redirect the package. Also, the temp number he gave me was wrong, which led to confusion when I called to track the package, and gave me a recording telling me I owed $200+ dollars due the day before I'd first called them!

Initial customer service impressions are leaving me a little nervous, although after a week using the phone, I'm happy, and the plan can't be beat. I called today to port my Verizon number, and was only on hold for 5 minutes. They told me it'd take up to 3 hours to port the number for phone services, and longer for voicemail and text; phone was up and running in less than half an hour, and voicemail and text not long thereafter.

Only remaining weird thing is that I got my first bill, which was a credit for the ~$330 I paid for the phone, taxes, etc. over the phone, with no charges, and when I call customer service the recording says I owe what sounds like the phone price plus the first month (I can't recall the exact amount). I need to call tomorrow to sort that out, I have a lingering suspicion that the billing from the guy over the phone may have gone to one account, and when he re-entered my info, he created a new account and didn't realize it. But maybe their initial billing is just really weird? Aargh.

So, long story short, you may have better results with a real rep's address, but I did get the SERO plan (the $30/500 min with unlimited data and text) with one of the generic addresses, although I spent a LOT of time on hold to do it.

(You'd think they'd keep hold times short for new customers who aren't stuck into a contract yet, wouldn't you?)
    I found out today that if your SERO account does NOT show UNLIMITED text messages, they didn't give it to you. I emailed Sprint Customer Service and they took care of it for me within 30 minutes of the email.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I got an email from Customer Service in April saying that my Corp discount would be applied to my account.I dident hear back from them since and nothing has been on my bill so I sent them a email at 6pm last night and I got a reply 8am this morning. Sir we are sorry you haven't received your dicount. We have now added it to your account and applied a credit on your last 2 bills. Now I have my $30.00 Sero with Unlimited Text with my 15% disc comes down to $25.00Month. Not bad for a cell phone bill. I am so happy I left Verizon
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I know people are saying that in order for existing customers to get the SERO plan you will lose your number. Well I can confirm that is not true. I was able to CONVERT my existing account to a SERO account.

So I didn't lose my number, I didn't have to buy a new phone, I didn't have to close (terminate) my account and pay the $150 fee. I did get the promotional unlimited txt msgs and I kept my discount. All this was done by email. I didn't have to speak to anyone for this.

So Sprint has been good to me. I guess being with them for 6-7 years does pay off in the end.
    If anyone needs a sprint email address for the SERO plans, send me an email to wtc7676@gmail.com, and I will give you mine.

Will
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown_g View Post
    I know people are saying that in order for existing customers to get the SERO plan you will lose your number. Well I can confirm that is not true. I was able to CONVERT my existing account to a SERO account.

So I didn't lose my number, I didn't have to buy a new phone, I didn't have to close (terminate) my account and pay the $150 fee. I did get the promotional unlimited txt msgs and I kept my discount. All this was done by email. I didn't have to speak to anyone for this.

So Sprint has been good to me. I guess being with them for 6-7 years does pay off in the end.

and that would be what email address you we're setting all this up with?
    No, just send me an email to that address, and I will email you my sprint email address.

Thanks

Will