Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 374243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneL View Post
    Several questions:

Can one switch to a SERO plan if you already have a family plan?

If it's possible, what is he best way to do it?

Is there a SERO "family plan" or do you have to have two separate plans?

TIA for any answers.

GeneL
    SERO is only for new customers. Some people have had success switching from a different Sprint plan (myself included), but maybe it's just luck. The only way is to try.

The second answer is more definite... there is NO sharing of minutes on a SERO plan.
    Thanks for the info, nater
    Actually there was a family plan on SERO at one time. I don't know if they still offer it or not, but it wasn't a good deal regardless. Here is what was on the SERO website at one time:

"Save even more! Get 2 phones with a Shared Plan"

Sprint PCS Fair & Flexible(SM) for Families 550 - 2yr
    550 Shared Minutes
    $59.99 per month
    Other monthly charges Apply. See Below**

For that price, you could get 2 500 minute plans.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Actually there was a family plan on SERO at one time. I don't know if they still offer it or not, but it wasn't a good deal regardless. Here is what was on the SERO website at one time:

550 Shared Minutes
    $59.99 per month

That was basically the family plan... I remember looking at it back in Jan 07... it was a copy of the sprint family plan on the sero site. lol
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    Just an FYI Sprint has removed the limit on the number of SERO referrals each employee is allowed. I don't know how long this is scheduled to last but I will post in this thread if/when it changes.

Since this board and it's members have helped me so much ( I probably owe my employment with Sprint,indirectly, to this baord since it was instrumental in my love of Treo's starting all the way back to my first Treo 300) this is my way of giving back. If anyone needs a referral E-mail for NEW LINES ONLY PM me and you may use my Email address.

Existing customers are certainly going to try and if you can get switched over more power to ya, but I want no part in that at this time as the program is supposed to be for new subscribers only

I will attempt to reply to PM's within 72 hours.. I would post my email here but don't want any trouble from my employer or Spam generated by creeps who comb forums looking for easy targets.

Thanks again to all those who have helped me in my almost 3 years as a member here and enjoy your SERO love from Sprint.
    Just got signed up on the 1250 anytime minutes, unlimited everything else plan for $49.99/month. Got a Treo 755p for $279 and I'll be doing the rebates to get that price down to $104. Pretty damn cool, thanks Dragonman!!!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Whoa!!! I think I missed or overlooked the rebates for the Treo 755p. Where can I find those?
    $100 mail-in rebate, this is good for date of purchase through 6/17/07 (bought mine today)

There is also a coupon in Kellog's cereal boxes (NASCAR themed) for $75, it's good for date of purchase through 9/30/07.

This thread has lots more details.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info.

550 Shared Minutes
    $59.99 per month

SERO never had a family plan. At one point they had a mistake about getting additonal phones added, but no-one was able to pull it off. The plan you are referring to above was a mistake of a regular family plan they mistakingly had added to the SERO site. It was not a SERO plan.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    I recall a few years ago, I'd call this number and it would update my radio with whatever was new...

A tech walked me through it. Any help?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301 View Post
    I recall a few years ago, I'd call this number and it would update my radio with whatever was new...

A tech walked me through it. Any help?
    I believe you are talking about a PRL update, which I believe means Preferred Roaming List. It basically updates to your phone with the newest tower data. You just call *2 and tell them you want a PRL update. They will flag your phone and you will call back (*2) and it will then update you to the latest one.
  12. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I believe you are talking about a PRL update, which I believe means Preferred Roaming List. It basically updates to your phone with the newest tower data. You just call *2 and tell them you want a PRL update. They will flag your phone and you will call back (*2) and it will then update you to the latest one.
    Do you have the VZW or Sprint 700wx? By dialing the *2, will it update the Sprint version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malyshka View Post
    SERO never had a family plan. At one point they had a mistake about getting additonal phones added, but no-one was able to pull it off. The plan you are referring to above was a mistake of a regular family plan they mistakingly had added to the SERO site. It was not a SERO plan.
    Hey, I know you!
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Hey, I know you!
    As I know you...
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Will it erase my phone data? i.e. hard reset?

or will it be just a software update and everything else remains entact?

thanks!!!
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    PRL updates do not affect anything else on your Treo, so you will be fine. It's a good idea to have a backup regardless, but I have done it multiple times without any issues.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    If anything it MAY possibly change a few of your settings. Well it did on my sister's Treo 700wx. A soft reset corrected the problem though.
    So I got a SERO plan a couple of weeks ago and my online account didnt show unlimited text messaging.

I bought a 755p, it says I had used over 150 "Casual SMS text messaging"

I called sprint, told them I wanted the unlimited text. They complied. I hanged up and checked my account.

To my Surprise it was already updated with "FREE TEXT MESSAGING"

BUT there was one problem. This unlimited text messaging was a SEPARATE charge from my "Casual SMS Texting"

Is there some sort of mistake, or is this SPRINTS way of screwing me over with a scam "free text" promotion???

I.E. Should I call and demand the offer me free sms messaging since my phone (as far as I know) only uses casual SMS texting??

*Here is a visual from my account if I wasn't perfectly clear*

Other Usage_________Included_____Used___Remaining____Additional Used
    TEXT MESSAGES_____UNLIMITED____0_____UNLIMITED_______ -
    CASUAL SMS TEXT______0_________155_______0____________155
    Last edited by Dr. Bob; 06/18/2007 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Visual
    hey thanks for the link to the sprint sero plan but its says i have to enter sprint employee e-mail adress.so i was wondering if you can help me out .thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdsnk91 View Post
    hey thanks for the link to the sprint sero plan but its says i have to enter sprint employee e-mail adress.so i was wondering if you can help me out .thanks
    Try this: enternow@sprint.com
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas