Page 40 of 56 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    Did the SERO plan eliminate the unlimited text messaging? I didn't see it listed on the 500 mins./$30 plan.
    SERO plans have never included free unlimited text messaging. Those who have it on their plan were offered the feature for one reason or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by artisan View Post
    Not exactly sure how to go about it, but I may know soon -- from experience.

Basically you can port numbers between carriers (or by upgrading a plan with the same carrier). SERO is not an upgrade, it's a separate plan that has to be NEW like you're never had SPrint before. So one way is to buy a no-contract pay-as-you-go plan with a cheap phone -- or a phone that they can hook up with pre-paid minutes (whichever is cheaper ).

Since you have no contract, you won't have to pay early termination fees on the other carrier when you start the new SERO plan, and if you still want to use the pre-pay phone, you'll have to pay again to set it up -- after you're done "using" it to hold your fav. # for awhile.

It seems to be the only way to avoid ETFs if you can't find a friendly CSR to do it for you.
    artisan
    Actually that is incorrect. It is very much possible for a person with an existing line of service with Sprint, to be switched over to a SERO plan. How do I know this? I did it it in March 2006. I have been a Sprint customer since December 2004, and I believe my original plan was a F&F 450 plan. I think what you might've been getting at, is that it's possible to switch and existing line to a SERO plan, but it's very diffult to find a rep who will do it for you. Did I get lucky? I think so, but it's possible.
    how easy is it for a new customer to sign up for a SERO plan? I'm coming from tmobile.
    Smileyboy it is easy. Just sign up online but don't port your number from T-Mobile until you have taken the test drive first.

I moved from T-Mobile to a SERO plan.
    I got on with SERO a little over a year ago and there wasn't free text messaging included at that point.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I don't have free text messages either. I called and begged but no dice. Even with the carrot of adding a new SERO line it didn't work.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    how easy is it for a new customer to sign up for a SERO plan? I'm coming from tmobile.
    Use "openaccess10@sprint.com" as the e-mail address.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    I don't have free text messages either. I called and begged but no dice. Even with the carrot of adding a new SERO line it didn't work.
    Just say something to the ESR like: "I'm considering switching to another provider because I'll be able to get free unlimited text messaging. Can you match this with my current account?"
    Well, after 5 days and no definitive answers, I tried an end-around reverse.
    I called Sprint directly and asked if I could sign up for SERO and get a Treo 700p.
    The guy said yes, ordered me the Treo and then transferred me to get the SERO plan.
    The guy there said I can't do it yet because I am not a Sprint customer yet, that I can do it when I port my number after getting the Treo.
    I asked him again, "You are saying I can get the SERO 500 plan."
    He said yes.
    We'll see, at least I have a Treo 700p on the way.
    And then, I called Inphonics and cancelled my original order.
    I'll keep you updated to see if I can pull if off.
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    Just say something to the ESR like: "I'm considering switching to another provider because I'll be able to get free unlimited text messaging. Can you match this with my current account?"
    Hah, good luck. If you're mid-contract Sprint will simply smile and slap you with an ETF.
    I dont see the 755p on the sprint.com/sero site. How can I get the 755p and SERO?
    The 755p isn't even out for Sprint, much less SERO.
    Good luck waiting for that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
    Hah, good luck. If you're mid-contract Sprint will simply smile and slap you with an ETF.
    Yea, I actually scored free unlimited text via Sprint Ecare but I was within my 14 day return period. All I did was say I had free unlimited text with Verizon and they were happy to oblige to keep my business.

They also allowed me to use my corporate discount in combination with my SERO account which some people have a hard time doing... And they gave me 200 free anytime minutes a month without me even asking because "its customers like me that keep their company successful"

Sprint is sooooo much better to deal with than Verizon, they did NOTHING to keep my business.

Im so glad I switched!
    I just went to the SERO site and all the Treos are off there. They were on earlier today with them even featuring the 700wx. Now the wx and 700p are off the site.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    When I signed up in January the 700p would be up, then the 700wx. Eventually they had both. Maybe it is an inventory issue. I hope the 755p shows up soon.
    i noticed that the treos are all gone too WTF?
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    I called SERO to attempt to order the 755p.

1. The dude didn't have it in his system.

2. Couldn't explain why the 700p and 700wx were gone.

3. Told me he could "get me a better phone." As if.
    Has anyone ever had success calling regular Sprint phone numbers and wangling the SERO plan from them? I would do that if it would score a 755p for my wife. Otherwise she can limp along with her 650 for a while.
    I'm concerned about SERO as well. It's not just the Treos that are missing, a LOT of the phones are gone. The wife and I are anxiously waiting for the 755p to show up so we can switch to SERO plans. I'm hoping they're just taking off older phones and that new ones will be up as well.
    I will try my luck with SERO plan + 755p by telephone to the regular Sprint folks. After work, that is.

Empirical research. Solvitur ambulando. Or something. Crash test dummy?