Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
    drc1,

Thanks for the info. I might give sprint a call and see what I can get out of them The plan that I have I think is really great too though. Not too sure what Power Vision is and if I'd even need it though.

Quote Originally Posted by drc1
    I think you have it right. I previously had your plan prior to switching to SERO. IMHO your current plan was previously the best plan ever offered by Sprint, but now I think that the SERO plan is actually better. While the SERO plan does not include text messaging, I think you could negotiate a better deal than the standard $15 per line for unlimited text. I heard that T-Mobile is now offering unlimited text messaging for $10 per line, so I would ask Sprint to match or beat that offer. If they were to charge only $10 per line for unlimited text messaging, here would be the differences between your current plan and your proposed SERO plans for approximately the same monthly cost;

1) You would have 250 less overall minutes per month
    2) Any overage charges on your current plan are high ($.40/minute?), where SERO overage minutes are lower due it being a Fair & Flexible plan ($.10/minute)
    3) You would have unlimited nights & weekends
    4) Power Vision. Note your current grandfathered plan would not include Power Vision if you were to try to upgrade to a Power Vision phone.
    Thats odd cause I called regular customer service from a landline and asked for business, the accidentally transferred be to business retention. I wanted to be transferred to regular business customer service but he said he wanted to try and help me first and he put me on hold about 7 times I was on the phone a total of 40+ minutes, he was asking supervisors and people all around him, I even gave him the SERO website which he went to and they told me at the end of all of that they said I had to do it online cause they couldnt find the code to change my plan to it in their system.

Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    i have a business acct. i called *2 and siad cancel, that gave me the retention dept. they switched me and just started my contract over and i still get the 23% off every month

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    This might help a little for those calling CS, reference these codes "FF1011 or FF1101"

They might ask you for an employee email address so they can note your account , so have one ready.

Got these from HF's and used them when changing over my plan.
    bah, I tried and she told me I need to have my "friend" set it up in the store....oh well worth a shot eh
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Stores do not have the codes listed, has to be via sero website or cs
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Stores do not have the codes listed, has to be via sero website or cs
    That's funny, cause I called and had it set up in a store....
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    My friend who works in a store who recommended me to this plan says the codes cannot accessed from the store level (2 months ago). Otherwise she would of set up my additional plan for me?
    YAY! I got it! I used eCare and they said I could do it and they would have someone call me back. They missed me and left voicemail twice, but then the last guy that called me back, he was indian, didnt know what SERO was. He told me I needed to call customer service. So I called customer service and they Gave me the SERO1250 fair and flex plan for $49 with EVDO and free everything. She kept my 25% biz discount and my 7pm nights for free too since it was not part of my original plan. She ended up sellign me the 500 txt/month for $8 since this Vision doesnt include any text messages. This rep even said I could text message a home number or business line. claimed she does it to her mom's house all the time and it will call the number and play a recording of the text message. I will have to try this at home tonight!

But I got it and I kept all my perks! YAY! Thanks guys!

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Tried to get it a couple of times. The CSR tried to give me the SERO $30 plan but said the system wouldn't let them with out a employee email address. I thought about asking them to use their own, but I didn't. Are there any Sprint employees here that would be willing to let me use theirs? I tried emailing the guy that was posted earlier in this thread and he hasn't responded. Anyone know of any Sprint employees offering like this guy who used to?
    To those who have successfully changed to SERO: because you have to commit to a new two year contract, does that mean that the new phone discount time period is also reset?

Also, this plan includes free EVDO? I knew that it included free Vision. Is Power Vision the same as EVDO?
    I doubt the new phone discount period is reset, I havent gotten a new phone so it shouldnt affect the discount.

The lady stated mine included EVDO, I specifically told her that I had a 650 now but would want to switch to the Power Vision cause I was switching to a Power Vision phone in a month or 2 and she noted my account. But she said the EVDO was on there now. I am asuming the network defaulted to regular vision tho... And yes power vision is he same as EVDO. http://powervision.sprint.com/home.html

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    any chance someone will let me use there email address to get a sero plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    I doubt the new phone discount period is reset, I havent gotten a new phone so it shouldnt affect the discount.

The lady stated mine included EVDO, I specifically told her that I had a 650 now but would want to switch to the Power Vision cause I was switching to a Power Vision phone in a month or 2 and she noted my account. But she said the EVDO was on there now. I am asuming the network defaulted to regular vision tho... And yes power vision is he same as EVDO. http://powervision.sprint.com/home.html
    Thanks. One last question: did you have to re-commit to 2 more years?
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Thanks. One last question: did you have to re-commit to 2 more years?
    Yes. I only had 2 months left in my existing 2 year plan anyway though. I dont know of anyone that has gotten out of re-upping for 2 more years...

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    I found out about this plan when they first released it. When they first released the SERO offer, they included free, unlimited text messaging as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Couple question for those on sero plans:

-when does SERO promo end?
    -can you use Sero on shared plan with multiple phones? Ex: primary on Sero with addon lines

Also, I want to get a Sero plan, but I am also out of my contract and I want to get a phone upgrade discount whenever the 700p comes out. Thus is it possible to get the Sero plus handset upgrade discount with contract? Anyone know if the 700p would be included in this package? So many questions...
    Offers ends 06-30-06 probably day before Treo 700p comes out

Another thing I would check out since you talkin 700p:

"Requires a Sprint PCS Vision phone. Sprint PCS Vision is not available while roaming off the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network and is not available for use with any device used as a modem. Premium Services (games, ringer, etc.) priced separately."

EVDO phones phones from what I understand are "PowerVision" not Vision. So what happens with this plan when you get a 700p ?

I would imagine, starting a new 2 year contract in February, no $300 in rebates on a 700p.
    From my recollection starting a new contract doesnt affect the rebate status, its buying a new phone or getting the rebate that starts the time over. I myself have had phones replaced by warranty (in store and through lockline) and that didnt even reset my rebate status. I also get plan changes all the time and that has not affected my rebate status as well... There are exceptions to every rule.

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    techprincesse is correct. Changing plans does not reset your rebate eligibility, only a new handset that wasn't because of a warranty or service issue. My rebate was reset in June because I was given a NEW 650 for my fubar 600. I can't complain since I was upgraded free to a new phone.

The rebate is $75 for 12-23 months since the last handset change. $150 for 24 mos. and beyond but all rebates require a new contract. These rebates require a 2 yr. The rebate for a 1 year is less and Sprint only offers one plan that is even eligible for a 1 yr. I saw someone mentioned $300, I've never seen other than what I just wrote in relation to Sprint Rebates.

As far as the SERO I only get 5 referrals a year and have given out all I have for 12 mos.

Please feel free to ask me question RE: Sprint. I will answer to the best of my knowledge but within the NDA I signed upon my hire at Sprint (I.E. I will not disclose confidential company information, but will share as much as I can on any given topic.)

Cheers,
    Dragonman
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    From my recollection starting a new contract doesnt affect the rebate status, its buying a new phone or getting the rebate that starts the time over. I myself have had phones replaced by warranty (in store and through lockline) and that didnt even reset my rebate status. I also get plan changes all the time and that has not affected my rebate status as well... There are exceptions to every rule.
    I wouldn't expect a warranty replacement to affect anything. Now would I expect it to effect the typical $50-100 loyal customer rebates. What I am saying you ain't gonna get is a new customer rebate.

There's many posts here which say in effect "when I switched to this plan I signed on for another 2 year contract". Well if you just signed on for two years, you can't cancel w/o a severe penalty. If your contract is over, you can cancel servcie on June 30 and then sign up again with an new account on 07-01 with a new number....and got $300 rebates.

What some peeps have even done with their expired Sprint contracts is that they signed up for a Verizon 700w trial ported their number to Sprint. And then when they came back to Sprint, porting the number gaain they came back as a NEW customer...eleigible for the biggie $300 rebates.

With Cingular its rather easy, just cancel a family plan phone, add the new phone as the primary number on the family plan and then switch SIMS. STill get $300 rebates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    The rebate is $75 for 12-23 months since the last handset change. $150 for 24 mos. and beyond but all rebates require a new contract. These rebates require a 2 yr. The rebate for a 1 year is less and Sprint only offers one plan that is even eligible for a 1 yr. I saw someone mentioned $300, I've never seen other than what I just wrote in relation to Sprint Rebates.
    Dragonman:

One thing I don't understand is what I described just above. A new customer walks into a Sprint store and walks out with a $250 discount and a $200 rebate or whatever combining to a discount of $450 and out of pocket $150. From what you have said above, a 2 year customer would then get a Treo for $150 off list of $600 so he'd pay $450 ? $300 more than the new guy ?

Now I have read here of peeps porting their number over to Verizon, doing a 15 day 700w trial and then porting their number back to Sprint. They qualify for the $450 in discounts. Now Sprint is stuck doing all that work twice....probably at an internal cost of around or approaching $300. Wouldn't it make more sense to just "match" any offer from any competing company ?

Not picking on Sprint as everyone seems to do the same thing and I can't fathom the reasoning behind it.
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast