Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142434449 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 1101
  1. #761  
    I love my SERO plan

    I love my Sprint Treo

    I love the rebates

    I just got my first Sprint bill- unlimited data, unlimited text messages, phone insurance, 500 min, unlimited night & weekend starting @ 7 = a grand total of 41.21.

    Same thing with Verizon= 107.98

    I was given unlimited text for free by a very helpful csr named Chuck because when I called Sprint to complete the porting of my number after I recieved my phone from the SERO site I wanted to add unlimited for 10.00 as I thought thats how much it was and thats what I saw on the Sprint website. I was then informed unlimited text messaging was 15.00 unless on a Power Pack plan and Im on Fair and Flexible. I said this exactly "I am currently switching to Sprint from Verizon, actually I am in the midst of porting my number from one carrier to another. I switched to Sprint for your prices but Im paying 15.00 a month for text at Verizon" He told me to hold on to see what he could do- came back and said "I went ahead and added unlimited text to your plan for free- Welcome to Sprint" how great is that?? Oh and he also allowed me to add my company discount, I got a confirmation email stating it will take effect on my next billing cycle. Awesome coverage in my area, great prices, I couldnt be happier with my switch.

    I love SERO and Sprint!
  2. kg6bki's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    #762  
    Ugh.how do you get them to add the company discount...I tried to get them to do that and they said it can't be applied to the SERO plan...can anyone advise on how I can do this?

    Thanks
    Brian
  3. #763  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsu408408 View Post
    Ugh.how do you get them to add the company discount...I tried to get them to do that and they said it can't be applied to the SERO plan...can anyone advise on how I can do this?

    Thanks
    Brian
    it was weird. to add it to my account wasn't even an issue. they just asked me all my work contact info and my work email adress. my sero plan wasn't even mentioned. I had received the comfirmation email prior to even hanging up with the csr. only thing I could tell you is keep trying because its very obvious that it all the perks/discounts are contingent upon what rep you talk to. sorry. wish I could be of more help.
  4. #764  
    I currently have a family plan with two lines that is expiring in a few days. They are under my name but the other line is used by my gf. Is it possible to convert to individual sero plans and keep the same phone numbers? I could just easily cancel my accounts and re-open but I would like the keep the same phone numbers. I have heard of people porting their numbers to a prepaid service and then porting it back. Can any explain how this works exactly? thanks.
  5. #765  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Best thing for you to do is visit: http://forums.slickdeals.net/forumdi...p?sduid=0&f=30

    Look for the "SERO... part II" thread... couple of threads down from the top.... or at least always on the first page. The first two posts cover everything you need to know.

    In my case I'd never been a sprint customer before. I was skeptical on this plan, but followed the thread I noted above, and had great success. Basically, as I said, I was not a customer before, went to the SERO site, purchased the phone, then went on to amazon and downloaded the rebates.

    Right now though, I'm going through a stage wondering if the savings is even worth it...
    Thanks! I re-read all the posts above from "PART II" and I think I am going to try a couple more CSRs. I called the SERO number today, but hesitated to buy when they said no way could I keep my phone number. They said I should order the phone through SERO, though, and then I would have 14 days trial period to see if I could get my number ported or not.
    Looks like it is really hard, if you already have Sprint, to keep that charmy old number. Oh well.

    Thanks also for pointing out the cons of Treo on Sprint; mabe the best way to keep my number is get a prepaid phone to port over, and then keep it as a backup -- and as a way to keep my favorite number.


    artisan
  6. #766  
    Not exactly sure how to go about it, but I may know soon -- from experience.

    Basically you can port numbers between carriers (or by upgrading a plan with the same carrier). SERO is not an upgrade, it's a separate plan that has to be NEW like you're never had SPrint before. So one way is to buy a no-contract pay-as-you-go plan with a cheap phone -- or a phone that they can hook up with pre-paid minutes (whichever is cheaper ).

    Since you have no contract, you won't have to pay early termination fees on the other carrier when you start the new SERO plan, and if you still want to use the pre-pay phone, you'll have to pay again to set it up -- after you're done "using" it to hold your fav. # for awhile.

    It seems to be the only way to avoid ETFs if you can't find a friendly CSR to do it for you.
    artisan
  7. #767  
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    I just got my first Sprint bill- unlimited data, unlimited text messages, !
    I tried to get unlimited texts... failed like 100 times.

    At the end the lady said, well, I can give you an extra 100 minutes per month. I was thinking to myself Fk, guess that means, we are giving you something to go away... please stop calling.

    Funny thing is I don't even txt... and only wanted maybe 300 free or even 100 free.

    I do want to get a regular phone and test if I'm having trouble with the treo or if it is sprint's network... if the treo, I might keep the treo, drop verizon, and get another sero plan... still cheaper to do that than move to verizon. With taxes, my bill would be cheaper, plus a much better plan, with more minutes....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  8. #768  
    8 days til my VZW contract ends. I'm going to order the 700p on the SERO site on Tuesday, get it by Friday and port my number from my 650 the following Monday.
    EVDO can't come to Auburn, NY soon enough.
    That being said, I go back 13 years with VZW, to when it was NYNEX Mobile. I love VZW's network but this is too good a deal to pass up, I'm going to save $50 a month.
    I hope I don't regret this.
  9. #769  
    Just ordered the 700p today.
    Call me crazy, ordering the 700p with the bugs posted about on the network that has the worse customer service.
    Ahh, what the heck, I'm crazy, for $30 a month.
  10. #770  
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Just ordered the 700p today.
    Call me crazy, ordering the 700p with the bugs posted about on the network that has the worse customer service.
    Ahh, what the heck, I'm crazy, for $30 a month.
    You should have waited, the 755p could be out as soon as next Monday.
  11. #771  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    You should have waited, the 755p could be out as soon as next Monday.
    Then my 650's SD cards and case are useless. Also, the 700p will be cheaper and with the update coming out, it makes more sense to go 700p.
    If the 755p is that much of an improvement over the 700p, I could exchange. I don't see that happening.
  12. #772  
    Will someone please explain to me exactly what SERO is, what it means...????

    I feel so left out....
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

    Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
  13. webedc's Avatar
    Posts
    492 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #773  
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  14. #774  
    Quote Originally Posted by techiechick View Post
    Will someone please explain to me exactly what SERO is, what it means...????

    I feel so left out....

    http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=385350
  15. #775  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    You should have waited, the 755p could be out as soon as next Monday.
    That's what I'm doing. My contract with Verizon is up Friday, so it's going to be a long weekend. I'm hoping they put a price on the 755p on the SERO site at least on the 14th. I will compare the 700 to the 755 then and decide which one I want but after having the 650 for two years, I'd like something that at least looks a little new.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  16. #776  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    That's what I'm doing. My contract with Verizon is up Friday, so it's going to be a long weekend. I'm hoping they put a price on the 755p on the SERO site at least on the 14th. I will compare the 700 to the 755 then and decide which one I want but after having the 650 for two years, I'd like something that at least looks a little new.
    Do you REALLY think that the 755 will be available to the public on Day x, and that it will be available on the SERO site on Day x+1? I have not data to support this, but it seems to me that when Sprint can sell them at full price to people who will probably be clamoring for an upgrade for their 650s/700s, why would they want to immediately sell them to SERO people at a discount? It doesn't make good business sense to me, but I don't know what the history of this is on the SERO site with new products.

    Q: If I've purchased from the SERO site before using one email address, will it let me purchase again from the same site using the same email address, if it was one of the 'generic' addresses that worked during the December '06 subscriber-grab?
  17. #777  
    I'm glad I ordered the 700p through SERO.
    It has better battery life than the 755p, the external antenna should mean better reception in my area of the boonies.
    Plus I don't have to buy a new case or memory cards.
    Of course, it's out of stock (thanks Inphonics), but it's coming.
    Tack on the $225 in rebates, and I'll have the not-so-obsolete 700p for $25.
    YEAH!!!
  18. #778  
    Quote Originally Posted by iwbyte View Post
    Do you REALLY think that the 755 will be available to the public on Day x, and that it will be available on the SERO site on Day x+1? I have not data to support this, but it seems to me that when Sprint can sell them at full price to people who will probably be clamoring for an upgrade for their 650s/700s, why would they want to immediately sell them to SERO people at a discount? It doesn't make good business sense to me, but I don't know what the history of this is on the SERO site with new products.

    Q: If I've purchased from the SERO site before using one email address, will it let me purchase again from the same site using the same email address, if it was one of the 'generic' addresses that worked during the December '06 subscriber-grab?
    I haven't the slightest idea if it will be available on SERO or not, but I think it's worth a week to find out before I purchase a 700p. I know that the 700p is now off the SERO site as of today. Don't know about the email, but I would think it wouldn't matter. Go through the setup and if it gives you a number I would think it worked.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  19. glenada's Avatar
    Posts
    777 Posts
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    #779  
    Did the SERO plan eliminate the unlimited text messaging? I didn't see it listed on the 500 mins./$30 plan.
  20. #780  
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post
    I love my SERO plan

    I love my Sprint Treo
    I love the rebates
    I just got my first Sprint bill- unlimited data, unlimited text messages, phone insurance, 500 min, unlimited night & weekend starting @ 7 = a grand total of 41.21.
    Same thing with Verizon= 107.98
    I love SERO and Sprint!
    I love my Sprint MOTO Q.

    - Unlimited Data (FREE)
    - Unlimited Text Messaging (FREE)
    - First Incoming Minute Free (FREE)
    - N&W Starting at 6 PM (FREE)
    - TEP ($7.00)
    - 14% Corperate Discount

    Grand total = $33.71 per month
    Same thing with Verizon = I don't even wanna think about it.

    I love Sprint and I love SERO!

Posting Permissions