Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
    ... and btw .. who is your current carrier?
    tmobile is my current carrier im trying to getout of a family plan contract with 4 lines and they wana chage me 800 dollars so im waiting till feb to get sero
    Thanks,
    Vinay Shah
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn View Post
    Wouldn't let you sign up on the phone?? You mean while you were on the phone talking to her???? How else would you do it? Did she give you a reason? Wait a few minutes .. call back and talk to another CSR.
    You sound surprised. Sprint CSR's are generally taught not to switch customers to SERO over the phone. They are supposed to refer customers to the website. Getting a Sprint CSR to do it over the phone is considered rare, maybe a 1 in 10 chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
    Getting a Sprint CSR to do it over the phone is considered rare, maybe a 1 in 10 chance.
    Strange ..... I was 2 for 2 (once when I bought my Treo 700p in June and again in November when I bought my wife a Razr). Luck?
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn View Post
    Strange ..... I was 2 for 2 (once when I bought my Treo 700p in June and again in November when I bought my wife a Razr). Luck?
    Very much so, I'd say. This is just from me observing many other people's experiences, from SprintUsers.com and this forum, trying to do the same thing. Even when I converted my existing line back in March of 2006, I got it done with the first rep I spoke to, and now that I look back, I consider myself pretty darn lucky.
    Guess we should feel fortunate that we're both lucky. Hopefully some other folks will be also.
  7. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Im fairly new to this thread so please bare with me. I'm about to port my number to Sprint from VZW & purchase the 700wx through a retail store or amazon.com . Would I still be able to change the plan over to the SERO plan by obtaining a sprint employees email address?
  8. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Well I finally made the switch over to Sprint from VZW & signed up for the SERO plan. The customer service is MUCH better as the reps actually want to help you & every request that is asked of them isn't followed by,I CAN'T. Goodbye VZW!!!!!!!
    Also,I came very close to returning my Treo due to the fact that the 1st 2 reps I spoke to were very unwilling to assist me. I then hung up & talked to a very helpful rep who reviewed the different SERO plans offered & he was more then willing to change over my plan & went over each feature. GREAT SERVICE !!!!!!!!!!
    Too bad no 700wx appears as a phone option on the SERO site. I would buy that. Only the 700p. Maybe I'll have to wander by a Sprint store to try my luck.
  10. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I purchased mine in the retail store because at first I was about to purchase it for $99 after rebates through Amazon but after doing the math,it would basically be a wash after you complete the 181 days on the type of plan they request you to have. So its six of one,half dozen of the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    Too bad no 700wx appears as a phone option on the SERO site. I would buy that. Only the 700p. Maybe I'll have to wander by a Sprint store to try my luck.
    http://forums.slickdeals.net/forumdi...p?sduid=0&f=30

If you have not luck at the store (or even if you do), visit the above link... go down until you see SERO Part II. On the first page is TONS of information about SERO, rebates, and how to get other offers. Might have the same stuff here, but all their info is on the first post of the thread....

I was waiting on the 700wx as well, but decided to get the 700p since it is there and available. Plus, I'm only getting it for data... keeping my verizon plan for voice. I also decided not to wait "just in case" they changed anything with the voice, data or price. Or removed all pda's or something else crazy....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    http://forums.slickdeals.net/forumdi...p?sduid=0&f=30

If you have not luck at the store (or even if you do), visit the above link... go down until you see SERO Part II. On the first page is TONS of information about SERO, rebates, and how to get other offers. Might have the same stuff here, but all their info is on the first post of the thread....

I was waiting on the 700wx as well, but decided to get the 700p since it is there and available. Plus, I'm only getting it for data... keeping my verizon plan for voice. I also decided not to wait "just in case" they changed anything with the voice, data or price. Or removed all pda's or something else crazy....
    Thanks, I will check that out. Just got hammered with a massive bill this month from T-Mob. Went over my minutes limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Plus, I'm only getting it for data... keeping my verizon plan for voice.
    So, you spent $300 plus $30+ a month just for unlimited data on a PDA? I guess I'm having trouble understanding, but...why?
    I'm on T-Mo. I need GSM for travel. If I didn't need to travel with my phone I'd eBay the 650 (for the pittance it will bring now), buy the wx, buy the SERO, and bark at the moon happily with the lower monthly bills and high speed data. I'd be net out of pocket a bit but would quickly recoup.

That travel thing. It's really sweet to land in some other country, fire up the Treo as the plane is still rolling to the terminal, and get dialtone.

My wife and I both have Treos with data plans on T-Mobile. We'd save bongo dollars on Sprint (she'd need the 700p, me I'd get the wx). Meh. I'll have to talk to Sprint about what they do for their international roaming customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
    So, you spent $300 plus $30+ a month just for unlimited data on a PDA? I guess I'm having trouble understanding, but...why?
    This is my situation...

Right now I carry a verizon e815 and a palm TX. I also have a palm TE2

I sell stuff on the internet though ebay and have a couple of websites. I also travel a lot. Right now I use qnc (verizon 14.4 connection) to connect to the net to do sales when I'm away from home... While I could use hotel wifi, one place I often visit does not have wifi or... bla, bla.. you get the picture.

Anyway, I found sero and the phone is $300... but with rebates you are looking at $150 to $75 (depending on what rebates go through). Once I sell the TX and E2, I'm going to make money.

You also have SERO which has 500 minutes and unlimited data. I canxed my house phone last month (voip) and was going to increase my verizon cell phone minutes. I use about 250 minutes with verizon on the 450 plan, so an additional 500 minutes is all I need.

Put the treo 700p with pdanet and I have a business on wheels when I'm in my car. I have a printer and laptop in the car... print labels using dazzle and drop in post office box.

If I need to answer emails, I can do that as well. Sometimes I am away from home for 9 to 10 hours... with a lot of down-time. With the 700 I'll be able to answer simple emails and tell others (longer emails) that I have the email and I'll get back to them... good customer support. Or I could tether my laptop and answer all of them.

My verizon line is out of contract July 07 (thank god for 1 year contracts), so I'll keep my verizon phone until then. To be honest, I don't know if sprint will work or not, but if the data (free roaming on verizon 1x -- faster than qnc) is as good as I'm told, I should be ok. My verizon service is rock solid.... so I'm in no hurry to leave.

On top of that, data with verizon is what $40 or $45... with sero and my credit union discount, it will be $27 + taxes + sprint fees. Plus, I don't know if I would trust a pda to handle my phone calls just yet. Treos do not have the best reputation. For me this is all a test.... I have until july to decide if I'm going to keep sprint, verizon or both. If I do decide to leave sprint, I'll sell the phone and pay ETF. Plus, the phone and plan will be a deduction... even if offset by the sale of the TX and E2.

I can't really lose, but have a lot to gain, if everything works out. I hope I can give verizon the finger, if the 700 becomes my "main" phone... but I'm not sure that will happen....

If you have read this, you are a better person than I am...
    Last edited by theog; 01/18/2007 at 02:50 AM.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    IF:

1. You have a SERO plan
    2. You have a Samsung A900M

WHEN:

you click on "On Demand" from the menu

WHAT:

HAPPENS?!?!?!?!?!?!?

----------

I have $30 SERO plan w/ unlimited vision (NOT Powervision) and I get a message that says Error 7000: Internal Server Error.

After hours of tech support, they sent me a brand new phone-- SAME ERROR... I am pulling my hair out on this one. I am a new customer. I don't understand what is happening!!!

Many thanks ahead of time.

-David
    ^have you tried accessing the web? Does it work? If not, then your phone might need re-provisioning.

Oh, welcome to TC.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    ^ You were right!!!!!!!!

Ugh, earlier today, I called back in flaming mad and I FINALLY got the nicest woman ever and she said "let me try this basic procedure first"... Of course I thought it can't be basic, I've spent over 10 hours on this, even the Sprint store couldn't figure it out, got new phones, etc!!!!!! It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I spoke to her supervisor and gave her the biggest kudos ever! The supervisor gave me a $75 credit, also!

W00T!!! 18 days into being a new customer- I have a working phone! yay!
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Ok so today I went to a sprint store and they said that I can't get my employers 15% discount because I already have a 60% discount on my bill...I am on the $30Mo Sero Plan...I told the rep I thought it can be done and he said you can't have multiple discounts that you can only have one on your plan..Is this wrong or correct....im Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsu408408 View Post
    Ok so today I went to a sprint store and they said that I can't get my employers 15% discount because I already have a 60% discount on my bill...I am on the $30Mo Sero Plan...I told the rep I thought it can be done and he said you can't have multiple discounts that you can only have one on your plan..Is this wrong or correct....im Confused
    where did you get the 60% off?

i called to add it 3 weeks after staring the contract & received a conf e-mail :

Dear Customer,

Thank you for participating in Sprint's discount program through VHA INC..
    You can expect to receive the discount within the next 60 days.
    An additional email will be sent prior to your next bill providing you with additional information regarding your account.

Should you have questions regarding your account please contact Customer Service by dialing *2 on your Sprint phone.
    Thank you again for your participation in our discount program.