Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    I added my 23% employee discount yesterday ( 2-3 weeks after starting a new acct) and was told that it will go into effect sometime within the next 60 days.
    Today I dialed *2 and said I wanted to cancel my acct (was put through to retention). I said I wanted to cancel because my previous provider was offering me the same deal +unlimited text messages to stay with them & the rep added unlimited text for no charge . This was try #2 the first time I got a female who refused to add anything, on the second attempt I spoke with a guy who didn't sound happy but added it without any problems.
    I now have all the perks of the $30 sero - 23% employee discount & free unlimited text msgs.
    Now What's a loyalty discount?

what's the difference between these? TEXT MESSAGES and CASUAL SMS TEXT MESSAGING ?
    Last edited by psixichka; 01/11/2007 at 08:38 PM.
    Thanks for contributing to the downfall of a system put in place to reward Sprint's longstanding customers. It's not that lying is illegal, but greed has all but completely washed out any shred of honest morals.

Enjoy your Sprint service.
    I think I'm going to cancel with Sprint. The SERO plan is nice, but I just can't handle this bad support. I don't know what my next bill will say, and once I'm out of my 30 day trial, I fear they will be less likely to do much to help me. And at some point I had been thinking about adding PAM to my account, and that would pretty much destroy 90% of the savings I'm getting over Verizon or Alltel. I think I'll just wait till the PPC6800 or 5800 comes out and then switch to Alltel. At least then I can use PAM and not have to worry about getting the boot.

That brings me to my next problem...I ported my number from Verizon to Sprint last week. My current plan is to quit Sprint and Verizon and just use my work issued cell phone for the next few months. Is there any way to keep my old cell number if I don't have it hooked up to a service provider for a few months? Or is my only option (assuming I want to keep my old number) to transfer it to some temporary phone (like a pay as you go phone) for those few months?
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
    Thanks for contributing to the downfall of a system put in place to reward Sprint's longstanding customers.
    Enjoy your Sprint service.
    I've been a long time sprint customer in the past & contributed enough money at that time...
    the 30 free texts a month I send won't kill them and will contribute to having me continue their service past the 30 day trial period( most likely for years since I'm very happy with this type of plan& their new & improved service in my area so far).
    I also have been telling people about sprint having better service etc. and some are planning to switch...
    I paid my dues
    Last edited by psixichka; 01/12/2007 at 09:05 AM.
    That's great! There are actually thousands of discounts available for employees of private organizations as well as all government, healthcare, utility, and education employees.

The group is called the Employee Value Program (EVP) for Sprint and Nextel discounts.

You can find out if you and your employer qualify for any of these discounts by visiting http://www.evpdiscount.com

Enter your work email address and their system will automatically cross check your company domain name to see if you qualify and will then send you a response email with your discount information.

You may also call 888-457-6294 or email info@evpdiscount.com. Just ask for an EVP representative.

The discount shows up on your first invoice when you activate your new service through this group online or over the phone. You may also add the discount to your existing Sprint and Nextel account. Phone upgrades and discounted accessories are available as well.
    Hello all,

This is my very first post on this ever so informative board. I am kind of new to all of this and was actually wondering, If I am a current customer of Sprint (my contract will be up in like 5 months) and was interested in one of these SERO plans...how can I switch if I am an existing customer? This is probably a dumb question but I apologize in advance for being a newbie. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by theshmoe View Post
    Hello all,

This is my very first post on this ever so informative board. I am kind of new to all of this and was actually wondering, If I am a current customer of Sprint (my contract will be up in like 5 months) and was interested in one of these SERO plans...how can I switch if I am an existing customer? This is probably a dumb question but I apologize in advance for being a newbie. Thank you!
    You can call *2 from your Sprint phone and asked to be switched to a SERO plan. You will need to have a Sprint employees email address in order to take advantage of the SERO plan offers. Not all Sprint CSR's will be willing to switch you to the SERO plan, and some won't even have any idea what a SERO plan is. If you get a CSR who's throwing up roadblocks, or you get one who just doesn't have a clue, thanks them, hang up, then call back and try again.
    I apologize if this is covered elsewhere... I've done a couple searches on here as well as Google, and haven't yet found an answer. I'm planning to sign up for a $30 SERO plan, but after completing my research I've found that I want to order the Treo 700wx. Wouldn't you know, the only one currently offered on the SERO page is the 700p. :P

So my first question would be: is there a way to order the SERO plan with a 700wx at present? From reading earlier posts, it would seem that was the case at some point, and in some cases fairly recently. Just unsure if I can do so currently, and from reading the posts here I'm a bit afraid to rely on doing so strictly over the phone.

My second question is: if I can't order the 700wx from Sprint, is there a way to sign up through a reseller and still receive the SERO plan? I've found a couple resellers offering better deals on the 700wx, but as always am wary of too-good-to-be-true deals. On the other hand, if I'm going to jump through the inevitable hoops signing up through a reseller entails, I at least want to rest easy that I got the best possible deal for my time, you know?

Thanks for all the information and advice to this point, and I truly apologize if any of this is redundant.
    Not sure when this popped up, but I noticed they officially extended the offer on the sprint.com/sero homepage to 12/31/2007.

Offers end 12/31/07 for Sprint Nextel employee referrals. The special public offer is no longer available.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Yeah it looks like SERO is back. But now the 700wx isn't listed!
    700wx is not available on SERO and won't be for a long time. You can get one if you want to lie to Sprint and call them after you get your 700p -- tell them you bought it from Sprint Telesales (which you didn't) and that you wanted a 700wx. They will arrange a trade, BUT inphonic MAY slam you with a $250 surcharge. There is no legit way to get a 700wx on SERO at the momet.
    so now that sprint has changed the sero phones which are the cheap yet good power vision phones? And whats the different between power vision and pcs vision? Another question if i do get the treo 700p do the amazon.com rebates work and the kellog rebate?

amazon:

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/image...V37603039_.pdf
    Last edited by idenkilla; 01/13/2007 at 11:18 PM.
    Thanks,
    Vinay Shah
    Quote Originally Posted by StarmanDX View Post
    700wx is not available on SERO and won't be for a long time.
    Source?
    Ok, then, what are my chances of ordering a 700wx from a reseller on a different plan, then switching to SERO? Fair, ok, poor, snowball's chance in H-E-double hockey sticks? :P
    What is the number for the sprint sero csr where I can sign up over the phone because I am seeing a lot of problems with inphonics online
    Thanks,
    Vinay Shah
    idenkilla .... this site is LITTERED with folks who have had problems with inPhonics. Follow this link and read my message #157. Any questions? PM or call me 863-243-3322.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=117067&page=8
    Thanx gijohn I'm planing on getting two treoo 700p around jan 25 or jan 30 I was wondering if the amazon rebates work?
    Thanks,
    Vinay Shah
    Have no idea on the Amazon rebates. After being frustrated to no end with the inPhonics "deal" ..... my experience buying the phone directly thru Sprint and getting on the Sero plan was a piece of cake.
    JUs got off the phone with sprint and they said they couldn't sign me up for sero on the phone, but they also told me that they can do rebates. I am going to call again and find out so I dont get screwed over. I think if I am persistant enough they will let me do sero over the phone, or at least I hope so. SHe also told me that the treo wx was availible which was weird or she doesnt know what she is talking about
    Thanks,
    Vinay Shah
    Quote Originally Posted by idenkilla View Post
    JUs got off the phone with sprint and they said they couldn't sign me up for sero on the phone, but they also told me that they can do rebates. I am going to call again and find out so I dont get screwed over. I think if I am persistant enough they will let me do sero over the phone, or at least I hope so. SHe also told me that the treo wx was availible which was weird or she doesnt know what she is talking about
    Wouldn't let you sign up on the phone?? You mean while you were on the phone talking to her???? How else would you do it? Did she give you a reason? Wait a few minutes .. call back and talk to another CSR.