Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
    Insertion,

My plan was a 3rd party employee plan. I just switched to a Sprint Employee plan this weekend. I started with Sprint on 2/1/06. I don't know all the details of the SERO but will ask during training next week. I am willing to refer as many of the good folks here @ treocentral as I can as long as it is OK with Sprint.

I have already referred several Treo owners here in the course of training. I feel I owe this Forum a debt of grattitude. It has helped me get the perfect job and has made me a bit of an expert on the Treo (ast least compared to most people that DON'T frequent treocentral.)

I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks to all!!!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I just called and had my Fair & Flex Family switched to Sero.
    1st Line= $50 for 1250 Anytime;Unlimited Night/Weekend;Unlimited Web;Unlimited Mobile to Mobile; $5 for 100 Texts; $5 for Nights/Weekedns at 7PM

2nd Line= $30 for 500 anytime;Everything else the same as above, except no night/weekends

Grand Total $95 for 1750 Anytime minutes with two lines, and I was paying about the same for Family Share with Vision/Picture and only 800 minutes shared.

Got a question, I thought I saw something about having to add picture mail on later. The sales rep at the store said picture mail was $5 extra, although it says in this link that it is included.
    http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/nex...pclanding.html
    Do I just call back and have someone else add it?
    Last edited by WTF; 02/11/2006 at 01:30 PM.
    I have been looking at the SERO plan but can't really justify it..........

Current Plan.
    $50 1000 shared ( Never reach 1000)
    $20 Add a Phone
    $0 7pm Nights and weekends
    $0 Mobile to Mobile
    $ 5 Unlimited vision, 100 SMS, Unlimited Pics/video and a $5 Download Credit.

Does somebody see something that I don't.
    No SPERO for me, but the rep was able to switch me to 20/Vision for $30 a month. Because I am deaf and this was all I really wanted, I was satisfied.
    Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Insertion,

My plan was a 3rd party employee plan. I just switched to a Sprint Employee plan this weekend. I started with Sprint on 2/1/06. I don't know all the details of the SERO but will ask during training next week. I am willing to refer as many of the good folks here @ treocentral as I can as long as it is OK with Sprint.

I have already referred several Treo owners here in the course of training. I feel I owe this Forum a debt of grattitude. It has helped me get the perfect job and has made me a bit of an expert on the Treo (ast least compared to most people that DON'T frequent treocentral.)

I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks to all!!!
    Congratulations! Your powers are now complete, my young apprentice...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Hello all.
    I just got Sprint Family plan on 1/31 and now found out about the SERO plan.
    Can I call up and get switched over or do I have to do it when I first signed up.
    If I can do it now can someone give me a referral email address or is it ok to use the one in the first page of this thread?
    Thanks for any help.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    SJjones, where does Sprint say they can't monitor the 6700?
    Here you go,

http://www.pcsintel.com/modules.php?...ticle&sid=1216
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Something to be aware of with EVDO and tethering now being monitored, you cannot add a "Phone as Modem" data plan to SERO. If you don't plan on tethering then it isn't a problem but if you are beware.
    the 650 doesnt have EVDO correct?
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I will get all the details on my end tomorrow at training. I intend to refer as many people here as I am allowed. I've had 2 PM's already and will reply ASAP.

Insertion,

Thanks for the congrats and yes my powers are complete. LOL
    Last edited by Dragonman; 02/13/2006 at 11:48 AM.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    the 650 doesnt have EVDO correct?

Correct, just something to think about when and if you get a EVDO capable phone. 700P 700w

The 6700 seems safe now, but am sure a firmare upgrade will change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I have been looking at the SERO plan but can't really justify it..........

Current Plan.
    $50 1000 shared ( Never reach 1000)
    $20 Add a Phone
    $0 7pm Nights and weekends
    $0 Mobile to Mobile
    $ 5 Unlimited vision, 100 SMS, Unlimited Pics/video and a $5 Download Credit.

Does somebody see something that I don't.
    Well, you could turn your 1,000 shared minute plan into two $30 SERO 500-minute plans. Remember, SERO is Fair & Flexible, so overage minutes are reasonable unlike some plans that I've seen. It would also depend how your minutes are shared; do you use 900-minutes and AAP 100 minutes for example. Here is how it would compare.

SERO Plan.
    $60 1,000 shared (500-minutes each plan)
    $0 Add a Phone
    $5 7pm Nights and weekends ($5 for one line, $10 for two lines)
    $0 Mobile to Mobile
    $0 Unlimited Power Vision for both lines including unlimited Picture Mail
    $5 100 SMS
    $0 Video Mail appears to be included in Picture Mail on SERO (**updated 2/15/06**)

The cost appears to be the same for you, except with SERO you get Power Vision and in the unlikely event that you go over your minutes, the Fair & Flexible cost is probably lower. The Power Vision alone would seal the deal for me, especially considering the next Treo will have Power Vision!
    Last edited by drc1; 02/15/2006 at 06:15 PM.
    Who did you call to switch with the business discount? I have a 24% biz discount as well and want to switch but I dont want to lose my discount or perks (free N/W @ 7pm and 1st incoming minute free). Did you cal regular business customer service or did you call regular retention?

Did anyone with a business discount manage to switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    THANKS SKFNY
    I just switched over to SERO plan

few notes

500min $30 (includes unlimited vision, unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited mobile to mobile, pic and video mail, long distance, voicemail, caller id, call waiting)

it doesnt included unlimited text messages (i added it for $15) they also had 500 for $8

i got nights starting at 7pm $5

ins. $6

Grand total $56.00 (plus i get 23% off my bill everymonth from my job)

I have everything i had before (except biz connect) for a savings of $15 per month plus my 23% off

i have attached what the SERO plan includes below
    Last edited by techprincesse; 02/14/2006 at 12:03 PM.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Ok, just catching up on all of this Is it worth my while to switch to SERO?

I currently have the following:-

2,000 minutes
    Unlimited Vision
    Unlimited SMS
    NO nights & weekends (but with 2,000 mins that doesn't really become an issue)
    Unlimited Sprint -> Sprint
    Second phone sharing plan

All this costs $109(that includes taxes). I don't think that I have a bad deal to be honest and to get 2,000 minutes with SERO would be a combination of the 1,250 and 500 (1,750, which is close enough) but I think the costs would end up being more with SERO if I add in unlimited texts right So, under SERO the following costs would be:

1,250 minute plan - $50
    500 minute plan - $30
    Unlimted SMS - $30 ($15 each???, unclear on this)

So, that would be $110 + taxes.

Do I have this right?
    From what I've read this is only for NEW activations. it doesn't appear to be attachable to a current account. will check into it some more tomorrow.
    Hi-
    New treocentral user and (possible) new treo650/sprint family guy. that is, and pardon if this has already been stated, can you get the sero plan with fair and flex family plan--3 lines??? if so, please help-my horrible t-mobile plan expires in 10 days and i'm ready to make the jump-who do i call?? is it you dragonman???
    thanx-webfrog
  16.    #56  
    1) In response to the last two posts- you can get it on existing plans if you call enough times and get thru to the right person.

2) You cannot add a line to a SERO plan.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetati
    Ok, just catching up on all of this Is it worth my while to switch to SERO?

I currently have the following:-

2,000 minutes
    Unlimited Vision
    Unlimited SMS
    NO nights & weekends (but with 2,000 mins that doesn't really become an issue)
    Unlimited Sprint -> Sprint
    Second phone sharing plan

All this costs $109(that includes taxes). I don't think that I have a bad deal to be honest and to get 2,000 minutes with SERO would be a combination of the 1,250 and 500 (1,750, which is close enough) but I think the costs would end up being more with SERO if I add in unlimited texts right So, under SERO the following costs would be:

1,250 minute plan - $50
    500 minute plan - $30
    Unlimted SMS - $30 ($15 each???, unclear on this)

So, that would be $110 + taxes.

Do I have this right?
    I think you have it right. I previously had your plan prior to switching to SERO. IMHO your current plan was previously the best plan ever offered by Sprint, but now I think that the SERO plan is actually better. While the SERO plan does not include text messaging, I think you could negotiate a better deal than the standard $15 per line for unlimited text. I heard that T-Mobile is now offering unlimited text messaging for $10 per line, so I would ask Sprint to match or beat that offer. If they were to charge only $10 per line for unlimited text messaging, here would be the differences between your current plan and your proposed SERO plans for approximately the same monthly cost;

1) You would have 250 less overall minutes per month
    2) Any overage charges on your current plan are high ($.40/minute?), where SERO overage minutes are lower due it being a Fair & Flexible plan ($.10/minute)
    3) You would have unlimited nights & weekends
    4) Power Vision. Note your current grandfathered plan would not include Power Vision if you were to try to upgrade to a Power Vision phone.
    They offered me (and like a fool didnt take it) Unlimited for $5
    Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    Who did you call to switch with the business discount? I have a 24% biz discount as well and want to switch but I dont want to lose my discount or perks (free N/W @ 7pm and 1st incoming minute free). Did you cal regular business customer service or did you call regular retention?

Did anyone with a business discount manage to switch?
    i have a business acct. i called *2 and siad cancel, that gave me the retention dept. they switched me and just started my contract over and i still get the 23% off every month
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webfrog
    Hi-
    New treocentral user and (possible) new treo650/sprint family guy. that is, and pardon if this has already been stated, can you get the sero plan with fair and flex family plan--3 lines??? if so, please help-my horrible t-mobile plan expires in 10 days and i'm ready to make the jump-who do i call?? is it you dragonman???
    thanx-webfrog

Probaly the worst avatar I have seen, I usually don't comment on things like this, but gotta ask wants the point or idea?
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast