Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132333439 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jbentre View Post
    i am in a different situation! i had a sprint phone i switched to nextel for free and have had my nextel for a year! a year will be christmas eve! i would like to switch back to sprint and get another phone is it possible to still get a sero plan!?
    As long as you get that all done before New Year's Day, you should be fine. Good luck!!
    so my first step should be to switch back to sprint and buy a new sprint phone? after i switch back i have to call them to change my plan to a sero plan correct...meaning i can get any phone i want! beacause i have been hearing rumors that the PPC 6700 is discontinued!
    Thanks for the advice, I am going to go tonight to get the wx. I was just trying to figure out why people go with the pc connection card when it seems like you can do everything from the phone. What are you using the card for that the phone does not let you do online. Why would you use the connection card when you can use your phone as a modem for 40$? Does the card work better than the phone?

I also am intreagued when people say they have purchased more than one SERO plan. Are these used on one phone where you are able to have two separate lines (one for personal and one for business)?

Thx
    so my first step should be to switch back to sprint and buy a new sprint phone? after i switch back i have to call them to change my plan to a sero plan correct...meaning i can get any phone i want! beacause i have been hearing rumors that the PPC 6700 is discontinued!
    Yes, you would want to switch back to Sprint first. Once you do that, you can call and be switched to a SERO plan. I have not heard anything about the 6700 being discontinued though.
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I am going to go tonight to get the wx. I was just trying to figure out why people go with the pc connection card when it seems like you can do everything from the phone. What are you using the card for that the phone does not let you do online. Why would you use the connection card when you can use your phone as a modem for 40$? Does the card work better than the phone?

I also am intreagued when people say they have purchased more than one SERO plan. Are these used on one phone where you are able to have two separate lines (one for personal and one for business)?

Thx
    I use the connection card as my main ISP. It's not that there isn't any shortcomings with my Treo.

Also, people sometimes have multiple SERO phones plans because SERO lines aren't allowed to be shared. They are single line plans only. If it was still around when I had kids, I'd probably get them a SERO plan a well.
    Ok last question! ive gotten the email address from google and i went to the link to get the employee recommendation on the sprint website, but it wants me to purchase a phone as well! is there a way just to get the plan after i purchase my phone how do i deal with this minimal roadblock!
    Ok last question! ive gotten the email address from google and i went to the link to get the employee recommendation on the sprint website, but it wants me to purchase a phone as well! is there a way just to get the plan after i purchase my phone how do i deal with this minimal roadblock!
    To do it through the website you would be required to buy a new phone. If you want to switch to a SERO plan without buying a new hpones, you'd have the find a CSR who was willing to do it over the phone.
    hey mr drummer-- how'd you swing the ecare bit ... i emailed them asking for free messages and received the following:

Dear Edward,

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel. I would be glad to assist you with your request regarding free text messaging.

The two lines that you have ported are on SERO plans. The free options are not compatible with SERO plans. Hence, it will not be possible to add the text messaging plan for free of charge.

You can sign up for any of the following plans by writing back to us:
    1) $5.00 per month: The plan includes 300 free messages. Additional message is $0.15.
    2) $10.00 per month: The plan includes 1000 free messages. Additional message is $0.15
    3) $15.00 per month: The plan includes unlimited free messages.
    I appreciate you emailing us today. Thanks.

any tips??
    Just signed up for SERO plan, and noticed that they are now offering shared plan at $59 for 550 minutes. Not really a good deal, but the do offer one now.
    maybe there is a chance that sprint will keep sero next year since they came out with a family plan
    Thanks,
    Vinay Shah
    The shared family plan DOES NOT include the unlimited data plan within it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastortroy View Post
    The shared family plan DOES NOT include the unlimited data plan within it.
    good looks I didn't really look into it but ya now its not an option
    Thanks,
    Vinay Shah
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    hey mr drummer-- how'd you swing the ecare bit ... i emailed them asking for free messages and received the following:

Dear Edward,

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel. I would be glad to assist you with your request regarding free text messaging.

The two lines that you have ported are on SERO plans. The free options are not compatible with SERO plans. Hence, it will not be possible to add the text messaging plan for free of charge.

You can sign up for any of the following plans by writing back to us:
    1) $5.00 per month: The plan includes 300 free messages. Additional message is $0.15.
    2) $10.00 per month: The plan includes 1000 free messages. Additional message is $0.15
    3) $15.00 per month: The plan includes unlimited free messages.
    I appreciate you emailing us today. Thanks.

any tips??
    I hate to break it to you, but about a month ago, Sprint's eCare really starting laying the hammer down on free options. They are very hard to come by anymore. If at first you don't succeed email again.
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall View Post
    Just signed up for SERO plan, and noticed that they are now offering shared plan at $59 for 550 minutes. Not really a good deal, but the do offer one now.
    The new SERO plan with 2 phones flat out sucks. It's $60 for 2 phones sharing 550 minutes, and NO FREE POWER VISION?! A person would be far better off signing up for two individual SERO 500 plans. The total base cost would still be $60, but you'd have a total of 1000 minutes, free M2M, and FREE POWER VISION ON BOTH LINES!!

This new 2-phone SERO 550 plan just doesn't even compare.
    Midwest drummer! I travelled to sprint today and i asked would i get a discounted phone if i switched back because last time i switched to nextel i got a discounted phone as well! do you have any advice as to how or where i could get a discounted phone!?
    Midwest drummer! I travelled to sprint today and i asked would i get a discounted phone if i switched back because last time i switched to nextel i got a discounted phone as well! do you have any advice as to how or where i could get a discounted phone!?
    Try the following places:

1. SprintUsers.com Trading Post
    2. eBay
    3. CraigsList
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
    As long as you get that all done before New Year's Day, you should be fine. Good luck!!
    Actually, the SERO plan used to expire 6/30/06. Then it was extended to 12/31. Expect it to keep going. Putting an expiration date on the plan adds urgency on purchasing it soon. It's a marketing ploy. Even at $30/m, they are still making money.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I didn't want to take any chances so I placed my order on 12/19. A day later the status still shows that the order is pending approval from Sprint. How long does it typically take to ship the phone after placing the order? Is there anyway to expedite this? I tried their 866 number with no avail.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ When I ordered, I had to CALL them to get the ball rolling. Seems as if some orders get "stuck".

But in my case, it may have had something to do with having a fraud alert on my credit report.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Actually, the SERO plan used to expire 6/30/06. Then it was extended to 12/31. Expect it to keep going. Putting an expiration date on the plan adds urgency on purchasing it soon. It's a marketing ploy. Even at $30/m, they are still making money.
    Yes, I am well aware of the original experation date. There's no need to lecture me on that. But you have absolutely no way to know that Sprint will, in fact, extend the date once again, and to try and lull people into a false sense of security is misleading. Also, I very much doubt that you're on the up and up when it comes to Sprint's marketing tactics, that is, of course, unless you work for Sprint's marketing department.

People who want SERO need to get it while they can before it's gone.