Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031323338 ... LastLast
    That is excellent advice!! It's much easier to return a phone when there is no Porting issue.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    I was reading through the SERO plan last week at Sprint's website. At the bottom, it says you can port your number.
    I ported my number from Tmobile using the Sprint SERO site.

At the time, the free nights/weekends started at 9pm, whereas the current SERO site has it starting at 7pm.

I just called up and said that there was an error, that the SERO plan is supposed to start at 7pm but it's not appearing in my account. The rep flipped a switch and now I got the 7pm put in
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralZod View Post
    That's what I thought - it may have all started when I never got a confirmation email right away, and 24 hours later my status was still in 'processing'. I got onto live chat with inphonic (which I can't find the button to repeat now...) and they 'magically' made my phone ready to ship. In think in doing so, they gave me a new number instead of honoring my porting request.

My incredible wife noticed how stressed out I was with dealing with the horrible cust no-service reps and took over the phone calls. She was much more successfull and the person she talked to said that I just need to wait till I get the phone, then let it charge so sprint can access it, then tell them about the screw up and they'll fix it for me no biggie.

(Did I tell you she was amazing!? Oy, such a wife i've got... Love you, honey! )
    Quote Originally Posted by iwbyte View Post
    Problem 1) I tried to sign up at a store, and they said "Sorry, we can't do SERO plans"

Problem 2) MORE IMPORTANTLY - I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO PORT MY NUMBER.

Problem 3) They told me this AFTER I placed my order!!! I'm trying to contact cust. support right now and they keep hanging up on me! They say the sero plan is not eligable for portability!!

Can someone back me up here?
    It's possible to port your number to a SERO plan at a Sprint sotre, but it's much easier to do through the SERO web site.
    I just called up and said that there was an error, that the SERO plan is supposed to start at 7pm but it's not appearing in my account. The rep flipped a switch and now I got the 7pm put in
    What was your error?
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
    What was your error?
    The error was that my nights and weekends were supposed to start at 7pm, but my plan profile says 9pm.

She pulled up the SERO plan details, saw that it said 7pm, and so she said she'd change me to 7pm. I haven't seen it update online yet, but it's only been a few hours.
    The error was that my nights and weekends were supposed to start at 7pm, but my plan profile says 9pm.

She pulled up the SERO plan details, saw that it said 7pm, and so she said she'd change me to 7pm. I haven't seen it update online yet, but it's only been a few hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralZod

At the time, the free nights/weekends started at 9pm, whereas the current SERO site has it starting at 7pm.
    Sorry, I guess I'm still having a little trouble understanding what your error was.
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
    Sorry, I guess I'm still having a little trouble understanding what your error was.
    There was no error. When I signed up for SERO, free calling started at 9pm. The SERO plan if you sign up today starts free calling at 7pm.

I described the situation as an error to get them to change me over to the latest SERO plan terms since the rep wasn't aware that SERO changed.

That being said, my plan description details when I login to sprint.com still says 9pm, so we'll see if it was really switched when I get my bill.
    I tried calling to get my SERO plan "corrected" so that N&W start at 7pm. Retentions told me that they would have to change my plan to get it done. Considering the multiple discounts, free text messages, etc that I have added, I decided not to mess with it. I don't want to risk messing those up just to get free calls 2 hours earlier.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    There was no error. When I signed up for SERO, free calling started at 9pm. The SERO plan if you sign up today starts free calling at 7pm. I described the situation as an error to get them to change me over to the latest SERO plan terms since the rep wasn't aware that SERO changed. That being said, my plan description details when I login to sprint.com still says 9pm, so we'll see if it was really switched when I get my bill.
    That's why I am confused. You claimed there was a error in order to to get N&W at 7 PM, but there was no error.
    Actually, when I was reading about SERO closely last week, it did say N&W at 9:00pm - this was the item that made my wife balk at switching to this plan. This week, along with opening the offer to the public, it looks like they made it 7:00pm. Now we are definitely considering this plan.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    so this plan will end in jan.? this really sucks because there is no way i can switch over @ this moment in time my best bet is to wait till march but I hope they still have it
    Thanks,
    Vinay Shah
    Quote Originally Posted by idenkilla View Post
    so this plan will end in jan.?
    I thought it was end of this year which is only 2 weeks away. Does anyone know for sure?
    went to my local store = they of course had no idea. showed them the print out from the sero site- plus pages from this post and they offered me the deal, with a 700p for 249. anyone else getting any good deals in store?
    Fine print from www.sprint.com/sero:

**Rates exclude taxes and Sprint Fees (including USF charge of up to 2.26% that varies quarterly, cost recovery fees up to $2.83 per line and state/local fees that vary by area). Sprint Fees are not taxes or government-required charges.

Coverage not available everywhere. Available features & services will vary by phone/network. Nationwide Sprint PCS Network reaches over 250 million people. Nextel National Network reaches over 263 million people. Offers end 12/31/06 for both the special public offer and Sprint Nextel employee referrals. Offers may not be available in all markets, including Affiliate and Nextel Partner markets. Offers are only available online. Existing customers on an Employee-liable account may be eligible for the offer. Terms and Conditions apply. Subject to credit. Offers not combinable with other offers. See www.sprint.com/sero for details.

Service Plan: Options: (1) minimum 500 anytime minutes adjustable in 30-minute increments between 501 and 800 minutes for $5, with $.20 per minute for usage above 800 minutes; (2) minimum 1250 anytime minutes adjustable in 30-minute increments between 1251 and 1550 minutes for $5, with $.20 per minute for usage above 1550 minutes; and (3) minimum 2500 anytime minutes adjustable in 30-minute increments between 2501 and 2,800 minutes for $5, with $.20 per minute for usage above 2,800 minutes. Partial minutes are charged as full minutes. Nights & weekends are Mon.-Thurs. 7pm-7am and Fri. 7pm-Mon. 7am. $200 early termination fee applies per line. Deposit may be required. Sprint may terminate service if a majority of minutes in a given month are used while roaming. Roaming off the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network requires a dual-band (digital & analog mode) phone.

Vision: Requires a Sprint PCS Vision phone. Sprint PCS Vision is not available while roaming off the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network and is not available for use with any device used as a modem. Premium Services (games, ringer, etc.) priced separately.

Power Vision: Requires a Power Vision phone. Coverage not available everywhere or in all areas covered by the Sprint PCS Network. For coverage maps & additional details, see our in-store kiosk (where available) or visit www.Sprint.com.

Mobile to Mobile: Sprint Mobile to Mobile is only available on calls placed directly between separate Sprint PCS phones and most Nextel phones while on the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network (not through voicemail, directory assistance or other indirect methods). Excludes Nextel phones in certain markets. Excludes calls to or from Nextel subscribers in certain local markets - call 1-800-SPRINT1 or see in-store brochure for availability in your area and nationwide. Sprint Mobile to Mobile is not available while roaming.

Nextel Walkie-Talkie: Nationwide Walkie-Talkie does not include Group Walkie-Talkie or International Walkie-Talkie calls.

Nextel data services: Image/audio messages ($0.25/message sent or received). Sprint reserves the right to terminate any data subscription if usage adversely affects network performance.

2006 Sprint Nextel. All rights reserved. SPRINT, the "Going Forward" logo, the NEXTEL name and logo, the FOCUS ON DRIVING logo and other trademarks are trademarks of Sprint Nextel.
    Thanks. That makes it very clear.

I'm signing up for one before 12/31.
    o man this means I cant get this plan in march but I am going to fight with them when the time comes
    Thanks,
    Vinay Shah
    i am in a different situation! i had a sprint phone i switched to nextel for free and have had my nextel for a year! a year will be christmas eve! i would like to switch back to sprint and get another phone is it possible to still get a sero plan!?
    Some people have posted that they had problems signing up for the plan in store. I went to one store and they had no clue what SERO was so I simply walked out. I went to another Sprint store in a larger city and they told me they could sign me up in the store. I felt better about this after reading some of the problems people have been having. I want to be able to sign something and have the contract in hand. They are able to port the number for my fiance only he will not get the discount on the phone. If you find someone who will do it in store, she is also going to hook him up with the 610 or M1 (he hasnt decided yet) Im going to go ahead and get a new number so I can get the discount on the phone. I would love a few questions answered.
    1. Any thoughts on which phone I should get: the 700p or the 700wx. I know that the p is compatable with mac (which I plan on switching to at some point) but I read that some people like the wx better than the p. Can someone tell me the difference between the two. The woman at the sprint store told me that the p could do the TV but the wx could not. Somehow this does not make sense to me. Can someone tell me if this is true or not and which one I should buy.
    2. on the sprint site, there are different levels of power vision:
    http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ue...=multimedia192
    the woman at the store told me that with SERO you only get one TV station and can purchase additional ones. I couldnt find pricing on the different levels (access pack, plus pack, Ultimate pack, and Business pack). I would hate to sign up for SERO thinking I am getting everything data and internet, only to have them tell me after 30 days that each of these things is extra.
    3. What are the limitations of the data plans with sero? I see some have purchased the 49$ unlimited data plan. What is the difference between that and the internet goodies we get with SERO. I am assuming that the only difference is that you can then use your phone as a modem. But if you can do everything online with your phone, why do you need this?

Sorry so long, thank you!
    1. 700wx > 700p. WM5 on a Treo pretty much just flat out rocks. Oh, and yes, you can do TV on the wx.

2. With the SERO plan you are only getting Power Vision access. That means that you have unlimited access using PIE (or any other WM5 compatible browser). You also have unlimited usage with applications that require a network connection (IM programs, 3rd party email programs, weather programs, etc.). As far as TV goes, there's a post in the 700w/wx hardware forum with a download for the 700wx that will give you a bunch of TV channels (mostly news and music) for free.

3. There really are no limitations with Power Vision on a SERO plan. I'm not sure what you're referring to with the $49 unlimited data plan, although if you're talking about the one I have in my signature, that's a SERO connection card data plan. That gives me unlimited data transfer with my connection card in my laptop.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!