Nationwide Long Distance Included
    Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    Nights: M-Th 9PM-7AM Wknd: F 9PM-M 7AM
    Unlimited Power Vision Access
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    Caller ID, Call Waiting
    Three-way Calling
    Voicemail

add insurance $6 and 500 test messages $8 and I get a $44 dollar cell bill before my corporate discount of 27%. I'll either be paying $44 or $33, I'm betting $33. If they drop the corporate discount, I will find a way to get back some freebie (Maybe the instant messaging). Persistance pays off but its agravating.
    SERO N&W actually start at 7 instead of 9. Also, instant messaging is also free on SERO plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by idenkilla View Post
    wait so its seperate then what is the data plan that is included in the sero $30 package?because I want to get a bb but only if the data plan is included
    Yes, the Blackberry data plan is different than the unlimited Power Vision that is included with SERO plans. You're still getting a deep discount on the Blackberry data plan. Blackberry data plans for regular Sprint customers cost $39.99 per month. For Blackberry users on a SERO plan, it only costs $19.99 per month.
    how bout if i get the sprint phone that has the qwerty keyboard? Im on a really tight budget but i was wondering if i cant get a data plan
    As long as you select a non-Blackberry phone (e.x. Treo 700wx), Power Vision (data/mobile web) is included in all of the SERO plans.
    i've searched the thread and didn't find these answers

is there a time limit on these plans - can you keep the plan forever?

i want a new 700p and then i also have an old 650 that a friend gave me. i want to get the 650 on the sero too- do you have to purchase the phone from sprint or is it just 'new activation'

thanks!
    sorry with the stupid questions, your telling me that if I get a treo i will get to use the net,email, and im.

what do you think is a better choice a hybrid phone or a treo? because if the web pages aren't like bb than i think i would be better off with the hybrid phones but since i have never been with the company i dont know much.

your thoughst?

thank you in adavance
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    i've searched the thread and didn't find these answers

is there a time limit on these plans - can you keep the plan forever?

i want a new 700p and then i also have an old 650 that a friend gave me. i want to get the 650 on the sero too- do you have to purchase the phone from sprint or is it just 'new activation'

thanks!
    No, there is no time limit on these plans. If you sign up, you can keep the plan as long as you want. It may complicate future upgrades if new plans and features are introduced with new codes, but nobody can force you to switch to a different plan.
    sorry with the stupid questions, your telling me that if I get a treo i will get to use the net,email, and im.

what do you think is a better choice a hybrid phone or a treo? because if the web pages aren't like bb than i think i would be better off with the hybrid phones but since i have never been with the company i dont know much.

your thoughst?

thank you in adavance
    Yes if you get a Treo, you will have unlimited Power Vision access (mobile web, email, IM services). Hybrid phones are not currently available with SERO plans. The phones listed on the SERO web site are the only phones that you can sign up with. It is possible to switch to a SERO plan with an active line of service, but it is very difficult to find a rep who will do it for you.

I'm not sure what you mean when you ask if the web pages are like the Blackberry.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhc43 View Post
    I have not seen this covered in any other posts. Has anyone purchased a Treo 700p from one of the ebay sellers(at a really good price), activated a regular Sprint plan through them and then been able to switchover to a SERO plan right away after receiving the new phone? Thanks in advance for input any of you may have.
    i called sprintdiscount and was told i can only change to sero after 181 days
    Now im just worried about one thing that by March 1st this deal might be over and I will get screwed out of an amazing deal. If i call sprint and ask for the sero will they ask for the employee who reffered it to me? Does anyone know if new phones are coming out for sprint anytime soon?

Thanks once again
    i called sprint 2x and they tell me the SERO offer is only good online or telephone AND you MUST buy a phone to get the SERO plan. anyone find otherwise on the buying part.
    i have a treo 650 from a friend (nice friend = free) and i'm getting a new 700p but i want the SERO for both- anyone have luck doing this?
    Now im just worried about one thing that by March 1st this deal might be over and I will get screwed out of an amazing deal. If i call sprint and ask for the sero will they ask for the employee who reffered it to me? Does anyone know if new phones are coming out for sprint anytime soon?

Thanks once again
    The SERO plan offers are scheduled to end at the end of this year. If you get signed up for one, there is no way Sprint can change your plan without your permission.

If you cal Sprint and ask to be switched to a SERO plan, you might be asked for the referring Sprint employee's email address. Then again, you might not. What I would be most worried about, is finding a rep willing to do the switch over the phone. Some will, but most will only refer you to the SERO web site.
    i called sprint 2x and they tell me the SERO offer is only good online or telephone AND you MUST buy a phone to get the SERO plan. anyone find otherwise on the buying part.
    i have a treo 650 from a friend (nice friend = free) and i'm getting a new 700p but i want the SERO for both- anyone have luck doing this?
    Buying a new phone is not necessary. Anyone with an existing line (with a phone) can be converted to a SERO plan. You just have to find a rep willing to do it for you.
    thanks so much for clarifying that! i will go to the store and see if i have better luck there- any recommendations?
    Print out the SERO deal and take it to the Sprint store. My brother said that they didn't want to sign him up for SERO at the store, but when he showed them the paper they reluctantly agreed to.
    thanks so much for clarifying that! i will go to the store and see if i have better luck there- any recommendations?
    You've got a lot better chance of finding a rep on the phone willing to switch you to a SERO plan, than you would finding a store rep who would. Most store reps don't even know what SERO is.
    Problem 1) I tried to sign up at a store, and they said "Sorry, we can't do SERO plans"

Problem 2) MORE IMPORTANTLY - I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO PORT MY NUMBER.

Problem 3) They told me this AFTER I placed my order!!! I'm trying to contact cust. support right now and they keep hanging up on me! They say the sero plan is not eligable for portability!!

Can someone back me up here?
    I was reading through the SERO plan last week at Sprint's website. At the bottom, it says you can port your number.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    My brother signed up for SERO, bought a 700p for $299, and ported his number at a Sprint store last week. His Treo began to work with his ported number (from AT&T) on the drive home...which was about 15 minutes after leaving the store. So it is possible....I'm just not sure what it will take to get them to do it for you. I would recommend printing out the SERO material (including number portability) and take it to the store with you.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I ported two numbers from Cingular to SERO plans with Sprint. Now I did not request the "port" when I placed my SERO order, instead I waited (I wanted to try the service out and whatnot), and ported my numbers at a Sprint store. The store rep was very helpful and didn't ask me anything about my SERO plans, he just ported the numbers and reprogrammed our handsets.

I'd suggest, ordering the phone through the SERO website, trying out the service, and going to a Sprint store to port your number when you're ready.