Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 1101
  1. #501  
    Good news! It appears that Sprint is now giving SERO to anyone that wants it (of course the new activation, two year contract, etc. applies). They offer a generic email (savings@sprint.com) which I tired and it worked. I think that it's a time-limited offer so now's the time to jump on it. I read this info on sprintusers. Here's the link:

    http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...highlight=sero
    Last edited by semperfidelis; 12/07/2006 at 03:23 PM. Reason: added link
  2. #502  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigDee View Post
    My plan is to get the 700p for $300 and the SERO plan for $30. I will then contact eCare to get 500 txt msgs for free.

    Is this good or no and can I get any better deals?

    btw I just turned 18 in sept. Will my credit or lack thereof credit be good enough to get a contract?
    Getting 500 texts free will be kinda like trying to switch to a SERO plan with an existing line of service. They sorta handed it out like candy months ago, but they've really cracked down.

    If you can get them to offer you a freebie, you can usually choose between 500 free or unlimited for $8.00.

    You're credit will be approved, most likely, with a $150 deposit.
  3. #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Verichat or Causerie
    Those 2 progs have nothing to do with SERO. Causerie and Verichat was around long before SERO. I was speaking of the other posters who seem to be getting free IM services without the use of external progs.

    Sprint PCS user since 1999

    -=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  4. #504  
    I have not seen this covered in any other posts. Has anyone purchased a Treo 700p from one of the ebay sellers(at a really good price), activated a regular Sprint plan through them and then been able to switchover to a SERO plan right away after receiving the new phone? Thanks in advance for input any of you may have.
  5. #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse View Post
    Those 2 progs have nothing to do with SERO. Causerie and Verichat was around long before SERO. I was speaking of the other posters who seem to be getting free IM services without the use of external progs.
    Err, what? There are only 2 possible ways to use IM services:

    1. Text message
    2. 3rd party program

    For option 1 to be free, you'd need to have unlimited texting added to your account for free. Assuming you don't get unlimited texting added to you account for free (email eCare and ask, but your chances are very, very slim), the only other way to IM for free, would be to use a 3rd party program.
  6. #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by rhc43 View Post
    I have not seen this covered in any other posts. Has anyone purchased a Treo 700p from one of the ebay sellers(at a really good price), activated a regular Sprint plan through them and then been able to switchover to a SERO plan right away after receiving the new phone? Thanks in advance for input any of you may have.
    The eBay sellers that offer phones really cheap if your purchase and activate through them, usually have a clause in the agreement, where you can not change the plan for a certain number of days (anywhere from 90 to 180 days).
  7. #507  
    I just called and got a 700p from eCare a couple of days ago by asking them to match the Cingular price for the 680. Got it for $199. Two year agreement on current plan (2000 minutes, 3 lines w/vision, 21% corp discount, 10% loyalty discount, $87 including tax and license). I activated the phone today and there was no discussion at all about switching to power vision. This is pretty much equivalent to the SERO deal x 3.
  8. #508  
    Quote Originally Posted by scrinch View Post
    I just called and got a 700p from eCare a couple of days ago by asking them to match the Cingular price for the 680. Got it for $199. Two year agreement on current plan (2000 minutes, 3 lines w/vision, 21% corp discount, 10% loyalty discount, $87 including tax and license). I activated the phone today and there was no discussion at all about switching to power vision. This is pretty much equivalent to the SERO deal x 3.
    Do you have:

    -N&W @ 7 PM?
    -Free/Unlimited roaming
    -Free long distance
    -Unlimited PCS-to-PCS
    -Unlimited picture and video mail
    -Unlimited email and instant messaging?

    Those are all included with SERO plans.
  9. #509  
    -Yes
    -No
    -Yes
    -Yes
    -Yes
    -Yes

    Just got my brother and his wife signed up for SERO at the local Sprint store in Murrieta, CA. His new 700p cost $299.
  10. #510  
    This is exactly my point. The SERO details boasts free IM usage through AIM and yahoo but in order to do so would require the use of a 3rd party program or text messages at additional cost? That doesnt make a lick of sense. Especially considering the majority of the user's getting SERO are getting regular phones of which are unable to even install Verichat or Causerie. Something doesnt add up. I will have to research this some more. Call 3rd level tech support or something. There has to be a way for us Treo users to get this free IM without having to pay additional moneys on top of it. Especially if they say its supposed to be free...



    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
    Err, what? There are only 2 possible ways to use IM services:

    1. Text message
    2. 3rd party program

    For option 1 to be free, you'd need to have unlimited texting added to your account for free. Assuming you don't get unlimited texting added to you account for free (email eCare and ask, but your chances are very, very slim), the only other way to IM for free, would be to use a 3rd party program.

    Sprint PCS user since 1999

    -=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  11. #511  
    Limited Time! Sprint Employee Referral Pricing Now Available to the Public
    Just for the holidays, Sprint is extending family and friends discounts to the general public. To take advantage of exclusive pricing, visit www.sprint.com/sero and use the open access email address of openaccess2@sprint.com. You can then choose from a huge selection of phones and broadband cards with device and service pricing normally reserved only to family and friends.

    This offer requires a new device with activation of a new line of service and two-year subscriber agreement. Subject to credit approval. Up to $36 activation & $200 early termination fees apply per line. Offers available at website only; see other details/restrictions at www.sprint.com/sero.
    Although Sprint may extend, this offer currently ends Dec. 18, 2006.
  12. #512  
    Quote Originally Posted by strfry View Post
    Limited Time! Sprint Employee Referral Pricing Now Available to the Public
    Just for the holidays, Sprint is extending family and friends discounts to the general public. To take advantage of exclusive pricing, visit www.sprint.com/sero and use the open access email address of openaccess2@sprint.com. You can then choose from a huge selection of phones and broadband cards with device and service pricing normally reserved only to family and friends.

    This offer requires a new device with activation of a new line of service and two-year subscriber agreement. Subject to credit approval. Up to $36 activation & $200 early termination fees apply per line. Offers available at website only; see other details/restrictions at www.sprint.com/sero.
    Although Sprint may extend, this offer currently ends Dec. 18, 2006.
    Yes, thank you. Welcome to a few days ago.
  13. #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse View Post
    This is exactly my point. The SERO details boasts free IM usage through AIM and yahoo but in order to do so would require the use of a 3rd party program or text messages at additional cost? That doesnt make a lick of sense. Especially considering the majority of the user's getting SERO are getting regular phones of which are unable to even install Verichat or Causerie. Something doesnt add up. I will have to research this some more. Call 3rd level tech support or something. There has to be a way for us Treo users to get this free IM without having to pay additional moneys on top of it. Especially if they say its supposed to be free...
    Who said anything about having to pay for instant messaging. Calling tech support is not necessary. Instant messaging is simply a data feature that is mentioned on the SERO web site. That does not mean that there is going to be a pre-installed program on each and every phone and PDA, and it would be wrong to assume that. There are plenty of free instant messaging applications out there. A simple forum search would supply you with those program names. Here are two:

    Agile Messenger for Windows Pocket PC Beta
    iMov

    I like Agile. It stays connected even when it is minimized, and it has a Today screen plugin that tells you who is online and the number of IM's you missed.
    Last edited by MidwestDrummer; 12/08/2006 at 08:35 PM.
  14. #514  
    Existing Sprint customers have to go through hell to move on to a SERO plan. It is suppose to be for new activations only. I was told to get a new phone and number and cancel my old (pay the early termination fee), I was told you can switch your current number (but I would lose my corporate discount currently at 27%), I was told that if I cancel first, I would have to wait three months to get my next line. I got some variation of the above the first 10 times I called. Then like Santa it happened.

    The lovely young lady instantly swicthed my current minute plan to the $30 sero plan, drop the additional charge I currently had for the power vision and did nothing else. She basically changed two codes and made no reference to dropping the employee discount.

    Plan now reads


    Adjustable Anytime Minutes
    $30.00 Minimum Monthly Charge
    AMERICA - ROAMING Included
    Nationwide Long Distance Included
    Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    Nights: M-Th 9PM-7AM Wknd: F 9PM-M 7AM
    Unlimited Power Vision Access
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    Caller ID, Call Waiting
    Three-way Calling
    Voicemail

    add insurance $6 and 500 test messages $8 and I get a $44 dollar cell bill before my corporate discount of 27%. I'll either be paying $44 or $33, I'm betting $33. If they drop the corporate discount, I will find a way to get back some freebie (Maybe the instant messaging). Persistance pays off but its agravating.
  15. #515  
    are these plans good with discounted phones? i saw on ebay the 700 for nothing after rebates and i emialed the seller. he said the phone is for plans $39 and above and sero is not eligible - what does the sero run? i see the link above says plans starting at $30...

    thanks
  16. #516  
    im new to the whole sero thing but i was wondering ithat if i get a blackberry will the data plan include internet? and alsois there a limit to the data plan

    thanx in advance

    edit: is it 30 flat or 30 + tax
  17. #517  
    You have to get the SERO plan through Sprint which is probably why the other sellers can't offer it. Data service is unlimited on the plan. There isn't a plan in the world that doesn't include taxes I think.

    There are two blackberries that offered in the plan. Go to the web site
    www.sprint.com/sero
    put in savings@sprint.com in the e-mail address, your zip code and you can see everything for yourself.
  18. #518  
    The BB data package is $19.99/mo for Sero (regular price is $39.99 and is required on any BB)
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  19. #519  
    Oh yeah, BB data plans include Phone as Modem.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  20. #520  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
    The BB data package is $19.99/mo for Sero (regular price is $39.99 and is required on any BB)
    wait so its seperate then what is the data plan that is included in the sero $30 package?because I want to get a bb but only if the data plan is included

Posting Permissions