Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    You pick an instant messenger that communicates via the Internet connection rather than using SMS.
    Can you be more specific? Yahoo and AIM both use text messaging. What IM uses the internet connection?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Once you're in a SERO plan can you change your plan to another SERO plan later if you need say the 1250 instead of the 500 min? Or would you have to change back to a non-Sero plan? Just curious..
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoMeat View Post
    Once you're in a SERO plan can you change your plan to another SERO plan later if you need say the 1250 instead of the 500 min? Or would you have to change back to a non-Sero plan? Just curious..
    You can change your SERO plan at any time, just like non-Sero users can change their plan when they want. It simply requires a new 2-year commitment every time you do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse View Post
    Can you be more specific? Yahoo and AIM both use text messaging. What IM uses the internet connection?
    Verichat or Causerie
    Ok cool....that's what I wanted to know I really appreciate it...I just have read the SERO offer is ending this month so I was wondering beyond that point it will be avaible for change if you already currently on the SERO plan...
    One more Question...Just as a side note are the emails usually checked? I have found many off of Google and they worked. Is that all the email is for is access inside the SERO account?
    I've been out of the loop for a while and I'm thinking about getting a SERO plan. Right now I have a pretty old family plan with four lines and we want to split it up since it's me, my wife, my brother, and his wife, and it's a pain with them having to write me a check every month.

I have a Treo 650 with unlimited Vision and SMS. And by unlimited, I mean unlimited no matter what I'm using the data for. Web or e-mail on the Treo, tethering, etc. My wife and I are considering each getting the 500 minute SERO plan. My question is, will that include unlimited Power Vision if I get a Treo 700P? Whether it's using the native drivers or PDANet, I'd like to be able to tether to my laptop without paying extra for that, but I don't know if that's possible with the new Power Vision plans and with SERO.

Two last questions. I'm out of contract so would I be able to get a significant discount on a Treo 700P? I know you can get them as low as $300 depending on contract, new line, etc, so that would be a plus. My Treo 650 is pretty banged up so I'd want to do an insurance swap on it so I can sell it. Would I have to make this claim before getting the 700P, or could this be done after? I've never checked if a phone needs to be active on a line in order to get it replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoMeat View Post
    One more Question...Just as a side note are the emails usually checked? I have found many off of Google and they worked. Is that all the email is for is access inside the SERO account?
    Each Sprint employee email address is allowed 5 SERO referrals per calender year. Honestly, I don't know what happens after one hits 5. I've used an address for myself, and another for a friend of mine, and I didn't have any problems. As long as you get an address that works, i wouldn't worry about it. What's the worst that can happen? They can change your plan back. It's not like you'd be doing anything illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    I've been out of the loop for a while and I'm thinking about getting a SERO plan. Right now I have a pretty old family plan with four lines and we want to split it up since it's me, my wife, my brother, and his wife, and it's a pain with them having to write me a check every month.

I have a Treo 650 with unlimited Vision and SMS. And by unlimited, I mean unlimited no matter what I'm using the data for. Web or e-mail on the Treo, tethering, etc. My wife and I are considering each getting the 500 minute SERO plan. My question is, will that include unlimited Power Vision if I get a Treo 700P? Whether it's using the native drivers or PDANet, I'd like to be able to tether to my laptop without paying extra for that, but I don't know if that's possible with the new Power Vision plans and with SERO.

Two last questions. I'm out of contract so would I be able to get a significant discount on a Treo 700P? I know you can get them as low as $300 depending on contract, new line, etc, so that would be a plus. My Treo 650 is pretty banged up so I'd want to do an insurance swap on it so I can sell it. Would I have to make this claim before getting the 700P, or could this be done after? I've never checked if a phone needs to be active on a line in order to get it replaced.
    - The unlimited data is restricted to the handset. Unlimited data while tethered is not included.

- If you're out of contract, you should be able to negotiate a good price on a new Treo. Negotiating SERO as an existing customer, however has proven difficult for many people. The fact that you're out of contract may have an effect on that though. When you're talking to retentions, I would just mention that you were told about SERO and are interested. I'd throw in that you'd be willing to committ to Sprint for 2 more years id you could migrate to a SERO plan.

- The phone needs to be active in order to file a TEP claim, but is there really anything wrong with your Treo, other than being banged up? If not, your claim would be fraudulent.
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
    - The unlimited data is restricted to the handset. Unlimited data while tethered is not included.

- If you're out of contract, you should be able to negotiate a good price on a new Treo. Negotiating SERO as an existing customer, however has proven difficult for many people. The fact that you're out of contract may have an effect on that though. When you're talking to retentions, I would just mention that you were told about SERO and are interested. I'd throw in that you'd be willing to committ to Sprint for 2 more years id you could migrate to a SERO plan.

- The phone needs to be active in order to file a TEP claim, but is there really anything wrong with your Treo, other than being banged up? If not, your claim would be fraudulent.
    It would be a legitimate claim. Something hit and scratched the screen a while back and since then, on occasion the screen acts like something is pressing on it. There must be some pressure somewhere. Also, the battery life has become really bad. If I don't charge it every night, it's dead by morning and I don't use it all that much during the day. I've tried three batteries and my wife's Treo 650 easily gets at least twice the battery life mine does. Given the screen and battery drain problems, I'm sure a TEP replacement is warranted. I guess I'd have to do that before switching to SERO that way I can sell the 650 if I get a 700P.
    That would depend on whether or not Spring still has 650's in their warehouse. I believe they still do.
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
    That would depend on whether or not Spring still has 650's in their warehouse. I believe they still do.
    I assumed I'd get another 650 as a replacement, then sign up for a SERO plan and buy a 700P at a discount, then sell the new (refurb I'm sure) 650 on Ebay or something. Now if Sprint didn't have any 650's left and gave me a 700P as a replacement, well that just makes things easier. Either way, I better file a claim on my Treo.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    i am under contract with Sprint. Can I still get a SERO plan?
    I just called as an existing customer and got switched to the SERO...so yes!
    Congrats. Did you use use my Email addy? Did they even ask?
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Thanks to Dragonman, I ordered via sprint.com/sero a Pantech broadband card for free and the 49.99 unlimited plan. It saids it's processing so hopefully things should be ok. EVDO Rev A here we come!
    Quote Originally Posted by rr4him View Post
    i am under contract with Sprint. Can I still get a SERO plan?
    The short answer: Yes

The long answer: It could be very difficult. 6-8 months ago if you were to call as an existing customer and ask to switch to a SERO plan, most reps wouldn't question it. Nowadays if you call as an existing customer, they tend to say no and refer you to sprint.com/sero. It all depends on whether or not you get the right rep.
    My plan is to get the 700p for $300 and the SERO plan for $30. I will then contact eCare to get 500 txt msgs for free.

Is this good or no and can I get any better deals?
    btw I just turned 18 in sept. Will my credit or lack thereof credit be good enough to get a contract?
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I got the 700P yesterday in the store for $249.00 after rebates and stuff and the employee was able to sign me up for the SERO plan right there in the store...and waive activation and sign me up for the plan..