Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
    Try 1-800-777-4681
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    the only "catch" is it has to be a new line of service. If you are already a Sprint customer than most people on this thread have called retentions and they have matched the Sero prices.
    That's not true. It's a lot easier if it is a new line of service, but it is possible for an existing line of esrice to be switched to a SERO plan. I was on a different plan back in March and simply called *2 to switch to SERO. A colleague of mine was an existing customer, but *2 and eCare continually referred him to sprint.com/sero. One called to retentions had him on SERO in no time.
    Quote Originally Posted by dibu2007 View Post
    I am asking for advice on my situation:
    - My F&F plan with two lines is going to expire on 1/11/07
    - I currently get a corporate discount

I would like to sign up for a SERO plan as soon as possible, and get two new phones (eg. Samsung A900 or PPC6700, plus a free phone for my wife). Also, I would like to be able to port my current numbers.

My reading tells me that I should call Sprint several times and find a CSR who will switch me to SERO. Now my question: How will I be able to get the new phones at the same time? Will the CSR be able to sell them to me over the phone?

Or would you suggest I activate two new phones through the SERO website and let my current F&F contract run out? In this case, would I still be able to port my numbers?

Thanks for your advice!
    Call *2 and say "cancel" to be transferred to retentions. Explain to the retentions rep that your contract is almost up and that you're contemplating switching to [insert other service provider here], but you're good friend mentioned the SERO plans to you. The fact that the rep will want to keep you as a customer, plus that half believable story should the rep to put your on a SERO plan. SERO would require 2 independent lines. The plans are not allowed to share minutes.
    So I have been with Sprint for years now, since at least 2002, but I think 01 and had been out of contract since May most recently. Had the 600 for the last year or so, finally made the move up to the 650 (boy am I glad I did) and had been thinking I should negotiate some kind of deal with Sprint since I had been planning on sticking with them (I had thought about maybe changing companies, but I've been happy w/ Sprint, and I think you really can't beat their prices), but I had no idea how good a deal I could negotiate until I stumbled across this thread.

All it took was three calls to finally get a very helpful CSR and I got what I think is a pretty sweet deal, not the SERO but to me it's equally good or even a bit better. Here's what I got:

1000 anytime minutes, nights starting at 8
    free vision (including picture package, to be upgraded to power vision when I eventually get a 700)
    500 free SMS
    free roaming

All that for $40 (plus $6 for insurance).

I had been paying $40 for 450 minutes, $5 for nights at 7, and $10 for vision (Kimmy was going to give me the nights at 7 for free, but said the couldn't give me both that and free roaming, so with 1000 minutes who cares about an hour difference, and also who cares if it's not F & F). So all in all I'm getting $15 off my monthly bill for the next two years, and a hell of a lot better plan.

Thanks again Kimmy and TreoCentral!
    All this talk about the SERO plan...How much of a discount will I get for getting one of the reps to sign me with the SERO plan?
    Len McGuirk, RealtorŪ
    Prudential Real Estate - Las Vegas
    Buying, selling, just thinking about it?
    www.LasVegasUpscale.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
    All this talk about the SERO plan...How much of a discount will I get for getting one of the reps to sign me with the SERO plan?
    I believe there are 3 plans:
    500 minutes, unlimited data plan, nights/weekends, no roaming, etc $30
    1250 minutes $50
    2500 minutes $100

The unlimited data plan (email-web) is what attracted me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn View Post
    I believe there are 3 plans:
    500 minutes, unlimited data plan, nights/weekends, no roaming, etc $30
    1250 minutes $50
    2500 minutes $100

The unlimited data plan (email-web) is what attracted me.
    Does the plan that has the 2500 minutes for $100 have unlimited data also? If so, that's a score...
    Len McGuirk, RealtorŪ
    Prudential Real Estate - Las Vegas
    Buying, selling, just thinking about it?
    www.LasVegasUpscale.com
    Pretty certain all the SERO plans have unlimited data.
    Sero Phone Plans:

$30 - 500 minutes
    $49.99 - 1250 minutes
    $99.99 - 2500 minutes

Additional Minutes: $5 for every 50 minutes for 501-1000. Anything above 1000 minutes is $0.10/min

All plans include:

- Nationwide Long Distance
    - Free roaming
    - Unlimited PCS-to-PCS
    - Unlimited Night & Weekend Minutes (starting @ 9)
    - Unlimited Vision/Power Vision access
    - Unlimited email and instant messaging - AOL, MSN and Yahoo
    - Unlimited Sprint PCS Picture Mail with Video Mail

Also, there is no activation fee when activating a new line with a SERO phone plan.

SERO Data (Connection Card) Plans:

$49.99 - Unlimited usage

All plans include:

- Unlimited data transfer (upload & download)

Also, there is no activation fee when activating a new line with a SERO data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Picture Mail is free w/SERO, but you might have to call and have it activated on your account. Sometimes they forget to activate it. Instant messages are free as long as you aren't using text messages to send them. Instant messages are just using data which is unlimited with the SERO plans. Text messages are not included with SERO, so you have to pay a per message fee or add on a package.
    So how to you send instant messages with SERO without using text messages? The Yahoo application and AIM are not free on the Sprint site. This has been my dilemma for a long time...

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    You pick an instant messenger that communicates via the Internet connection rather than using SMS.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Has anyone setup a blackberry on a SERO plan? Someone I know wants to switch over to Sprint and I don't see any documentation if you can use BIS on a SERO plan. I do see that there is a Blackberry phone listed on the SERO website though.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    i am going to get a SERO plan next week through the website and using someones email. i am going to get the 500 minute SERO plan (with free web and stuff)... but i want my nights & weekends to start at 7, 500 txt messages, and insurance on my phone. i am going to get the 700wx. how much should i be expecting to pay per month for what i want?

and is long distance included in the regular 500 min SERO plan, or am i going to have to pay extra for that too?

THANKS!
    Thank you so much! You just saved me a bunch of $. Took several attempts through *2, but once I got the right person...BINGO! I started my account in April of this year, and they still allowed me to get in the program. Basically, I just restarted my contract. Couldn't put my wife on it too, but was able to do the same price. Would be a perfect thing if it included text messaging, but we're awful close here. Went from $110/mo to under $90/month for both our plans with more minutes than I had on a sharing plan. THANK YOU for your constant help on this site.

Long distance is included as well as night and weekends at 7 within the $30.
    The SERO plan sounds great...is it possible to get a referral.
    I just told them that I was told about it. Just took catching the right person on the phone.
    ljonez - if you're coming from another carrier, just call and talk to a Sprint CSR and buy a phone and tell them you want on the SERO plan. Pretty cut and dry.
    Get a negative reaction? Tell them thank you, hang up and call back ..... talk to another CSR.
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    i am going to get a SERO plan next week through the website and using someones email. i am going to get the 500 minute SERO plan (with free web and stuff)... but i want my nights & weekends to start at 7, 500 txt messages, and insurance on my phone. i am going to get the 700wx. how much should i be expecting to pay per month for what i want?

and is long distance included in the regular 500 min SERO plan, or am i going to have to pay extra for that too?

THANKS!
    Here's a basic breakdown of what you'll pay:

SERO 500 Plan: $30
    N&W @ 7: FREE
    TEP: $6
    Text Messaging: Explained below

At the moment Sprint offers 2 text messaging packs: 300 ($5) and 1000 ($10). Many SERO plans holders (including myself), though, have written to eCare (Sprint online customer service) and successfully received 500 texts per month FREE, or unlimited texting for only $8.

As a result, I can't tell you what the base price of your plan would be for sure, but you can throw some of those numbers around to get a basic idea.

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by ljonez View Post
    The SERO plan sounds great...is it possible to get a referral.
    Referrals are Sprint employee email addresses. Do a google search of "@mail.sprint.com" (quotation included), and you should be able to get your hands on one with hardly any effort. Once you have your Sprint employee email address, head on over to www.sprint.com/sero and have a look at the phones and plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn View Post
    ljonez - if you're coming from another carrier, just call and talk to a Sprint CSR and buy a phone and tell them you want on the SERO plan. Pretty cut and dry.
    Get a negative reaction? Tell them thank you, hang up and call back ..... talk to another CSR.
    If you're coming from another carrier, you don't even have to talk to a Sprint CSR. There is an option to port your number in directly on the SERO website. It's that easy!