Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    Okay,

I just pulled the trigger on a new 700wx on SERO! 500 minutes and free Power Vision Unlimited EVDO Web for ONLY $30?!? I'm still having a hard time believing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy22 View Post
    Okay,

I just pulled the trigger on a new 700wx on SERO! 500 minutes and free Power Vision Unlimited EVDO Web for ONLY $30?!? I'm still having a hard time believing this.

Believe me. I just noticed Cingular is getting the 750w. UTMS is already available in my area so i would have Cingular 3G if I got their Treo. But with Cingular the monthly access is more... AND the data service is a lot more.

I am happy enough with the Sprint coverage to say that $30 bucks a month for a FULLY INTERNET ENABLED PPC is a NO-BRAINER.

SERO for the average phone user is a good deal. But for a PPC user where PPC internet service normally runs $30+ bucks a month in iteself... is a real steal.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Don't forget to see if you qualify for any corporate/association discounts... I get a 25% corporate discount on top of the already crazy low SERO price.

I think PCSIntel.com has a list of discounts somewhere...
    Another thing to try is a loyalty discount. I told Sprint that I had a 10% loyalty discount from Nextel and it did not show up on my Sprint account. The agent talked to a supervisor and added it to my account. That's pretty good considering I never had Nextel, but Sprint and Nextel systems aren't linked togeter so they did not realize it. I also get a meager 13% corp discount and 500 free text, so I'm pretty happy with my SERO plan.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    My wife gets 17% discount from her job so I am going to attempt to add that on her new Nextel SERO line. We'll see.
    I have a question about the data plan. It says users who pick a powervision or vision phone have unlimited net access. I have selected the samsung A640, I don't think it's a powervision or vision phone, does that mean I will don't have unlimited net access?
    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    I have a question about the data plan. It says users who pick a powervision or vision phone have unlimited net access. I have selected the samsung A640, I don't think it's a powervision or vision phone, does that mean I will don't have unlimited net access?
    You would still have unlimited net. However, if the phone cannot utilize it, it would be a waste of money. Most modern phones can browse the web, so the A640 should be able to utilize Internet access.
    not that upto date with cell technology whats the difference between powervision/vision? For browsing the net I can always download operamini and have a html browser on the phone
    Can someone please explain to me how I can get these discounts?

Here is my situation:

I want to buy a Treo 700wx.
    I have had Sprint for about 4 years now and I am no longer on contract.
    I need at least about 2,000 minutes/month.
    I share my minutes with a second line on my account.
    I will be using the web, probably a lot.

What is the best deal that I can get in addition to any of my corporate discounts??? I am a Realtor and Realtors belong to multiple associations that most give discounts.
    Len McGuirk, RealtorŪ
    Prudential Real Estate - Las Vegas
    Buying, selling, just thinking about it?
    www.LasVegasUpscale.com
    Talk to retentions as they can give you the best deals. You have leverage since you are out of contract. Dial *2 and say "Cancel" when the IVR asks what you want. That will get you to retentions. Explain the price some other carrier is offering you and that you would like to stay with Sprint, but are unhappy with your plan pricing. See what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
    Can someone please explain to me how I can get these discounts?

Here is my situation:

I want to buy a Treo 700wx.
    I have had Sprint for about 4 years now and I am no longer on contract.
    I need at least about 2,000 minutes/month.
    I share my minutes with a second line on my account.
    I will be using the web, probably a lot.

What is the best deal that I can get in addition to any of my corporate discounts??? I am a Realtor and Realtors belong to multiple associations that most give discounts.
    Powervision is the higher speed EVDO network while regular vision is the slower 1x connection.

Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    not that upto date with cell technology whats the difference between powervision/vision? For browsing the net I can always download operamini and have a html browser on the phone
    SERO sounds like a great deal, I want to sign up and get a 700p. Can I add the "phone as Modem" option to a SERO plan?
    I don't think you can add phone as modem to the SERO plan. Have to confirm it though.
    i tired to place a new order on the sprint sero site today and it said:

"Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to provide you with wireless service in your area. Although we cover over 97% of the US, we recognize that there are still a few service areas that need coverage, which is why we are constantly adding new carriers to our network. Please click here if you would like to be notified when we can provide you with wireless service."

wtf?!?! everything was working fine last night! i thought the program wasnt supposed to expire until 12/31?

please help!!!
    Same here...looks like they are stopping the signups or maybe just updating the site. Hopefully they are doing the latter.
    I am curious how SERO worked out for you hypochondriac?

I actually talked to a Sprint store rep. about getting a referral, who proceeded to tell me that SERO was only for employees and their respective families. He also told me that if he referred me and I defaulted on the account, he would be responsible for the account. Based on all of the SERO information out there on this and other forums, I have a hard time believing him, but I wonder if it's true?

By the way, I was told that the Treo 700wx is dropping $100 on Black Friday to $299 after all rebates for a new activation. How about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by semperfidelis View Post

I actually talked to a Sprint store rep. about getting a referral, who proceeded to tell me that SERO was only for employees and their respective families. He also told me that if he referred me and I defaulted on the account, he would be responsible for the account. Based on all of the SERO information out there on this and other forums, I have a hard time believing him, but I wonder if it's true?

By the way, I was told that the Treo 700wx is dropping $100 on Black Friday to $299 after all rebates for a new activation. How about that?
    $299? That's real cheap. The 700wx is priced at $650 here. It comes to $500 with the new activation of 2 years. If I can get it for $299, then I will wait it out until next week! Can someone confirm this so I don't waste my time waiting?
    Len McGuirk, RealtorŪ
    www.LasVegasUpscale.com

He's probably lying, because if that was the case wouldn't sprint have the employees confirm who they referred, so if someone did default they couldn't claim I don't know who that is. I finally got the phone a 2 days ago, and everything is working fine. I would have loved to buy the treo, but not sure I need it.

I was wondering about the refer a friend program in which you both get $25, does this work with the sero plan as well? Can I give them my friends number and have him receive the $25. I doubt it but was wondering if anyone tried
    Last edited by hypochondriac; 11/20/2006 at 06:50 PM.

So who is dropping the price of the 700wx to $299? I want to know so I can go get it! Please share this info! Thanks.
    Len McGuirk, RealtorŪ
    www.LasVegasUpscale.com
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could please provide me with a valid Sprint email address to either PM me or email me at CaptJeanLPicard@aol.com. It would be much appreciated!

I also had some questions about Sero and am looking to find out the answers to if anyone knows. I have heard back and forth on several different forums that Sero is only for new accounts and at others that you may switch to Sero if you are currently on another contract you would just have to start a new one. Which is correct?

I am currently with Sprint and have been since February 2006 and am on a 2 year contract. If the second is true, do I have to do the switch by CSR since the website seems to indicate that it is for new customers?

Also, my zip code I tried providing did not work having said that they are unable to provide me with wireless service in my area. Does anyone know any zip codes that do work and does it actually have to be YOUR zipcode for it to go through right? If I talk with a CSR does the zipcode matter and if I give them my real one will they tell me the same thing that online did?

I currently get 500 free text messages because of problems with Sprint that they gave me them free. Can I transfer the free texts over to Sero once and if I get it? The texts are attached to my plan but it could be said that they are just "attached to my account."

One other quick thing. Do corporate discounts actually work with the Sero plan? Not that I need it since this plan would already be extremely inexpensive but if it can then all the better. I've also heard this question answered differently between different sites with some saying they can do it and others that cant. I just wanted to clear that up...

Thank you to any questions you can answer!

And again if any Sprint employee or anyone else with a Sprint email address could send me theirs at CaptJeanLPicard@aol.com or PM that'd be great. I know I can do the whole googleing thing, but I just want to be assured as Sprint might verify.