Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspired101 View Post
    I have the 700p on Sprint. Is there a way to keep the Power Vision running all the time so that I can receieve AIM and Emails?
    Yeah - buy extra batteries or keep it plugged in. In my experience Sprint doesn't kick you off EVDO by any time limit - however you will drop the data connection if you go out of range. The screen brightness seems to have a greater impact on battery life than EVDO status.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    That doesn't happen though. Everytime I go into Blazar, it has to connect to Power Vision. Same as for Toccer, I get become offline after awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    Yeah - buy extra batteries or keep it plugged in. In my experience Sprint doesn't kick you off EVDO by any time limit - however you will drop the data connection if you go out of range. The screen brightness seems to have a greater impact on battery life than EVDO status.
    Joad - my sentiments exactly. Buy batteries, keep them charged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspired101 View Post
    That doesn't happen though. Everytime I go into Blazar, it has to connect to Power Vision. Same as for Toccer, I get become offline after awhile.
    Wierd - I have Sprint and once I connect (in a "good" area) I haven't noticed it kicking me off unless I get in a marginal area or choose to disconnect. If you set up your data applications to connect on a schedule then I'd think it wouldn't matter whether you are *always* connected.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I got a Treo 700wx as a promotion and it is activated on a Sprint promotional system. I want to give this phone to a friend but want to deactivate the "free promotional" account and switch to a "paid" Sprint account. How can I do it without letting Sprint know? On GSM phones, it is pretty trivial as all you have to do is swap the SIM cards but do not know how to do it for Sprint CDMA phones. Any help is appreciated?
    How can I do it without letting Sprint know?
    Sprint has to change the ESN for that phone off of the old promotional account and onto the paid one, so there is no way to do it without Sprint knowing. But you might try switching to a new (used) phone on the promotional account, and then switching to the Treo on the paid account if you have to keep the promotional account active for a given amount of time.

BTW, just post the question once.
    Hello -

I also had a Sprint promotional phone (700wx) and am trying to get the SERO plan attached to it.

when i go to the web site (sprint.com/sero) it only gives me the option that includes both a phone & plan (not plan with exiting phone).

when i call customer service, they tell me i must call the employee referal line which also does not allow me to get just the plan.

does anyone know how to work around this? (i did start new service on the phone today)

thanks!
    Just open the SERO account with the cheapest freebie phone that is offered. Then you can swap phones (ESN swap) later. It is easy to switch phones on your Sprint plan. You just have to call the CS rep and tell them you got a new phone and you want to place it in service on your account for phone number ###-####.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I'm interested in SERO.
    Can I use it to get two phones that share minutes on a plan?
    SERO=No minute sharing. You can get 2 SERO accounts under you, but they won't share minutes.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by duandcc View Post
    OK, WOW! Customer Renetion just BEAT the SERO plan!! Check this out:

1,500 anytime
    Unlim Text
    6pm Nights/Weekends
    Power Vision
    Sub-total: $82.99
    15% off for business customer
    Total: $70.54
    Everything is relative and retention offers will depends a lot on individual data. I was able to get 1250 SERO, + free text + 7pm nights free + 10% courtesy = $45 (this was a few months ago, before 6pm nights).
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    I did a google search for sprint email address I found one that works. I was wondering if I don't know the guy and he didn't refer me can I get in trouble for using his e-mail address as an referral?
    Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    I did a google search for sprint email address I found one that works. I was wondering if I don't know the guy and he didn't refer me can I get in trouble for using his e-mail address as an referral?

I doubt it. The only thing that you may run into is:

Somewhere along the way I remember a Sprint employee saying that they only have 5 a year to give out. So that particular person MAY have already used theirs up.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    If you try to put in an email address that has gone over the "5 limit" it will tell you. Try john.smith@sprint.com for example.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Well I the addess I got worked, got to the sign up page. Just to be on the safe side i took down the call code and phone number. Since I was chatting with a friend and browsing multiple windows I accidentally closed the SERO one, if I call with the call code will that work? Or will I have to reenter the e-mail address?
  16. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    You are way too paranoid...

Just go for it
  17. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    The 700wx just went up on the SERO site!
    Quote Originally Posted by aph View Post
    You are way too paranoid...

Just go for it
    well his screen name does imply he worries a bit.

Hope it works out for you hypo! I love my plan and everytime I walk past a cell phone kiosk in the mall and they try to sell me I just smile and tell them my plan, watch as their face drops and their tongue falls to the floor. Its priceless. (well $30 a month but still priceless) I actually HOPE they ask me!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Thanks Hdhntr23, I signed up for the plan. Now I'm just waiting for credit approval and account activation to occur. How long did it take for your credit approval and activation to occur? According to the e-mail it should occur in 15 minutes but been 2 days
    Last edited by hypochondriac; 11/09/2006 at 09:51 AM.
    My Treo700wx loves to stay connected to the internet. Maybe its because I have apps like outlook running in the background. I have seen it stay connected for over two hours straight. If it disconnects for whatever reason, it likes to reconnect on its own.

I set up a VPN client on it to connect to my job. It even likes to keep the VPN connected... even though I have no apps running that require connectivity to my jobs local network.

Its killing my battery life though. Good thing I have a Seidio extended battery on its way to me.