Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
    What does SERO stand for?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    What does SERO stand for?
    Sprint Employee Referral Offer
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    There's a gazillion Sero threads over at Hofos. You can ask over there for a referral if you need one, but most likely you can just call CS or retention and get the same rates as well...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=812346

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    THANKS SKFNY
    I just switched over to SERO plan

few notes

500min $30 (includes unlimited vision, unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited mobile to mobile, pic and video mail, long distance, voicemail, caller id, call waiting)

it doesnt included unlimited text messages (i added it for $15) they also had 500 for $8

i got nights starting at 7pm $5

ins. $6

Grand total $56.00 (plus i get 23% off my bill everymonth from my job)

I have everything i had before (except biz connect) for a savings of $15 per month plus my 23% off

i have attached what the SERO plan includes below
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Franko515; 02/10/2006 at 01:40 PM.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Couple question for those on sero plans:

-when does SERO promo end?
    -can you use Sero on shared plan with multiple phones? Ex: primary on Sero with addon lines

Also, I want to get a Sero plan, but I am also out of my contract and I want to get a phone upgrade discount whenever the 700p comes out. Thus is it possible to get the Sero plus handset upgrade discount with contract? Anyone know if the 700p would be included in this package? So many questions...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    There's a gazillion Sero threads over at Hofos. You can ask over there for a referral if you need one, but most likely you can just call CS or retention and get the same rates as well...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=812346
    And yet it's strange that there are none here on TC. I did a search and only found it mentioned in passing in three other threads. Now the word is out.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I hate to repeat what everyone esle says, but persistence pays off.

I called back and told Claire I want to cancel my account. Retention department immediately gave me the new plan, effective TODAY, plus a $75 credit towards a new phone.
    My plan was switched to SERO. Now I can get a new activation (separate account) for my wife. My $71 bill is now a $41 bill (including insurance and taxes and 5% discount).

Thank you Sprint.

-can you use Sero on shared plan with multiple phones? Ex: primary on Sero with addon lines

Also, I want to get a Sero plan, but I am also out of my contract and I want to get a phone upgrade discount whenever the 700p comes out. Thus is it possible to get the Sero plus handset upgrade discount with contract? Anyone know if the 700p would be included in this package? So many questions...
    -GFunk

SKFNY got a credit to upgrade
    i was told i could keep this plan as long as im with sprint using a vision capable phone.

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Ok, now I'm confused. When you say 20% off every line - Do you have a FAMILY SERO plan? If I can get an employee discount on top of this with a family plan, I might extend my contract for another 20 years.
    I wanted to get an extra line on my account, I have 6 lines Sharing one grandfarthered account (2500 $100 with free vision and sms) spoke with CS said can't be done. (even though it can be down at the store level)

Saw this plan at Howards Brought a phone and added a cheap plan to my account then called changed it over to sero plan and my ACCOUNT has the co. discount also on it , so less 20% off.(For doubters i have recieved my invoice twice with the disc)
    Last edited by sjjones; 02/10/2006 at 01:55 PM.
    So you can buy a new phone with a plan and *then* get it switched? Interesting. I'm not locked in right now and have two phones on a family plan with 500 minutes total and pay $100 + tax - company discount. So here I'd be saving $40/month. If I could get a $99 650 for my wife that could be a nice Valentine's gift, though I'd prefer to get myself a 700p and give her my 650.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    By the way, another new feature I heard about at HoFo (not sure if it's available yet and/or if you can add it to SERO) allows you to have unlimited calls to/from a specific landline number (e.g., home) for an extra $5-10/month.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    I wanted to get an extra line on my account, I have 6 lines Sharing one grandfarthered account (2500 $100 with free vision and sms) spoke with CS said can't be done. (even though it can be down at the store level)

Saw this plan at Howards Brought a phone and added a cheap plan to my account then called changed it over to sero plan and my ACCOUNT has the co. discount also on it , so less 20% off.(For doubters i have recieved my invoice twice with the disc)
    Got it.

I just opened the second account at the store and had it moved over to SERO. My wife is so anxious for me to get home and show her the 'Valentine's gift'.
    Anyone know anything about that $99 Treo 650 deal? Is that through the store? If so, I'm wondering if I could buy two with separate cheap accounts, then go home and switch those accounts to SERO, then (probably at least a day later) switch one of the lines to my old 650, then ebay the new 650? Or am I being too greedy now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    So you can buy a new phone with a plan and *then* get it switched? Interesting. I'm not locked in right now and have two phones on a family plan with 500 minutes total and pay $100 + tax - company discount. So here I'd be saving $40/month. If I could get a $99 650 for my wife that could be a nice Valentine's gift, though I'd prefer to get myself a 700p and give her my 650.

i was still under contract with 1yr to go they just updated my acct to a fresh 2yr contract and i got SERO, plus i still get my 23% company discount

i dont understand the need to add a extra line

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    What is the expiration on this offer?

I have a Verizon Treo 600. I want to switch to Sprint but I planned to do it when the 700P came out. I would hate to go to Sprint now and be stuck with the 650 with a release of the 700P a short time (less than a year) later.

Will Sprint allow you to upgrade in the middle (or at the beginning) of a contract? If so, what price will they offer?

BTW, please sene me a referral email addy.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Go straight to retention. Say 'cancel service.' That will give you the best chance of getting through to a knowledgeable rep. You may have to repeat a few times.

I just stumbled across this SERO information yesterday while browsing the PPC-6700 forums at pdaphonehome.com, ironically...
    Thanks, sfkny and others for sharing all this info. I'm going to SERO my current plan with Sprint, open a separate account with Nextel and SERO that too.
    Last edited by naivete; 02/10/2006 at 03:59 PM.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic

The program was to run to June I read somewhere in the terms etc, but I just went to find the answer for you but can't find it now. Theres alot of "noise" about this program on the internet forums so could sprint end it early? maybe?

Regarding adding lines to the sero plan No, but at the price the plan is do you really have to?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Just in case 500mins is not enough the sero plan also offers

1250min $49.99

2500min $99.99

**Also if you need a Sprint employee email adress its amazing how many business cards you can get from sprint store.
    Something to be aware of with EVDO and tethering now being monitored, you cannot add a "Phone as Modem" data plan to SERO. If you don't plan on tethering then it isn't a problem but if you are beware.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    EVDO tethering is being monitored, but they can't monitor the PPC6700 (per sprint)
  20.    #40  
    SJjones, where does Sprint say they can't monitor the 6700?
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast