Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    Do you have any more information? Im a (potential) new customer for Sprint and I obviously want to pay as little as possible for the phone.

Thanks for your help!!
    your best bet is to go on ebay, and look up "sprintnetwork" for the seller, and get one from him for $79. he is legit and a good seller. then get the cheapest plan possible at that time which i think is $50 or something. as soon as the phone comes in, call and activate it or whatever you have to do, or call CS and switch your plan.

then celebrate and brag that you got one for $79.

you not being a customer already puts you at a disadvantage for getting one cheaper than that. it's not gonna happen.

EDIT: i was feeling generous. here's his store url

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsprintnetworkQQhtZ-1
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abstraxion
    Redline: SERO does come with unlimited picture mail, but no Sprint TV. Sprint TV (especially if you don't get the package that gives you lots of live channels) is of dubious value to most, but it's cool. I wouldn't be unhappy with your plan, esp with 7pm N&W, and in light of the fact that it's getting hard as hell to get freebies on a SERO plan now anyways.

Hdhntr23: CompUSA was running a special on the 700p for $299 (after a $100 mail in rebate). The Sprint guys gave me the phone for $299 out the door. At least at my store they immediately agreed to pricematch... if you can't find a good deal on the Treo at a local store which you can take back to the Sprint store to get pricematched, try going online to a reputable dealer like Wirefly or Amazon. Depending on the rep, the pricematch should be easy to get. I don't know if it's just me, but I much prefer dealing with the Sprint store than, say, CompUSA or Best Buy because they tend to know what they are talking about (well, a little more than the other guys
    do) and they're more willing to help out.
    i've heard of the sprint store matching prices from the guy's store i just posted. instead of $whatever it was, they got it for (at that time) $99.
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    thanks wbkm85!!!

Thanks alot!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Stoopid question - can a new user (from Cingular) still get a SERO plan? I got mine almost a month ago and when I told her what I was paying she about flipped. (she has a Treo 650 with Cingular and doesn't like the sound quality)
    I'll join the stoopid question club:

I have been a Sprint customer for ~6 years, all in good-standing. I have an old Samsung phone that's about the size of a Twinkie, and I have access to a working Treo 600. I called Sprint to ask them to switch me to the SERO plan, and everyone I talked to said the switch must be done online... but the website tells me the plan is unavailable in my area. AAAARGH! I spent a good hour online last night trying to make this happen.

At the moment, I get a military discount (~15% I think) on my old plan. Would this cause any problems? The features of the SERO plan also confuse me a bit; all I would like to have is unlimited nights & weekends after 7pm (my original plan had this, but they have since bumped that to 8pm, then 9pm), email, web browsing, no roaming, and picture mail. 300 anytime minutes would be fine. Am I reading the SERO plan as including all these things except for the unlimited night & weekends starting at 7pm? Are the picture mail and web browsing unlimited anytime?

Sorry for the "stupid club" question; I have read a few threads and am still not entirely clear on what the SERO plan offers (and the Sprint reps I talk to aren't very helpful either).

Chris
    Last edited by cscmc1; 07/21/2006 at 09:02 AM.
    Plan unavailable in area = you're not eglible. My suggestion is to just call retentions and try to get some perks on your current plan. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFuture
    Plan unavailable in area = you're not eglible. My suggestion is to just call retentions and try to get some perks on your current plan. Good luck.
    That figures; wonder why that is? My location maybe?

Thanks for the info!

EDIT: apparently I am not eligible because the Vision plan is not available here in central IL (no signal). I think maybe I'll call and ask them to switch me anyway, as I am frequently in major metropolitan areas where it WILL work. I'll just have to ask them to do it over the phone, as the web site won't let me switch.
    Last edited by cscmc1; 07/21/2006 at 10:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    call them and tell them you have had many more offers from cingular and they will give you a 700p for free if you switch.

explain that you dont want to lose your sprint service, you have been a great customer for 6 years, and you dont know what to do. tell them you love your sprint service and you would love to stay, but you cant turn down that great price on the free treo and a better plan from cingular.

ask if they could match that up and work with you a little on your plan, you would stay with them

here's the newest number for retentions
    1-866-818-1802
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by wbkm85
    call them and tell them you have had many more offers from cingular and they will give you a 700p for free if you switch.

Not REAL sure you could get a free 700p from Cingular. Kinda doubt it since they don't exist.
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    well then say verizon. i doubt anyone at retentions knows anyways..
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Ummm .. Ok! sounds like a "plan" to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by vdospec
    You do not have FREE Romaing, they did the same thing to me..and I just assumed Roaming was included but it was not.
    Some useful info about VDOSPEC (vdo-specialties.com)

http://www.geocities.com/nemesisthek...pgun_thief.jpg

BEWARE! DON'T TRADE WITH HIM.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for the help, folks. I DID call back (about a dozen times, in fact) and talked to every department under the sun. No one at Sprint seems to know much about SERO! Bottom line (from four different retentions reps): I'd have had to cancel service, then start anew with a different number to get SERO. I asked why I couldn't port my old number and they insisted that it couldn't be guaranteed. Dunno why.

Anyway, after lots of handwringing (I was being very poilte, by the way), a very helpful retentions rep said that she could add Power Vision, free nights and weekends starting at 7pm, 50 free roaming minutes/month, and free mobile to mobile for an extra $5/month over what I pay now (for 300 anytime voice mins, which is plenty for me). So my total, before military discount, is $34.99/month, and she also activated my Treo 600 for me (which I picked up used locally). I feel pretty good about the plan, and it's only costing me $5 per month more (though I did have to sign a 2 year contract, which I am OK with). The rep I spoke with in the end was very helpful and polite, and joked that she didn't know why no one offered to do this in my previous dozen-or-so calls!

To even get them to TALK to me about SERO I had to change my address on my online account to a friend's house in the Chicago area. Apparently I am in an "affiliate" area that does not participate in the SERO program. I dunno whether they just don't offer Vision here or why they wouldn't offer SERO in my zip code, but there you have it.

Thanks again, folks!
    I know that the sero program is available in my area and I have an employee email address. Does anyone forsee a problem with me buying a $79 treo on ebay and then after my account is set up switching to the sero program? Does anyone else have a better idea? thanks
    Im going to try the same thing!

Can anyone tell me if SERO is avaiable in Cincinnati OH? Please and thanks.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    Im going to try the same thing!

Can anyone tell me if SERO is avaiable in Cincinnati OH? Please and thanks.
    In zip code 45201 (Hamilton County) - yes it is.
    rock on thanks!

now, anyone have an email address that they can PM me PLEEEZZZZZZZ?
    There is no spoon.
    Here are some ideas from sd forums. There is a extensive amount of information on how this can be done. I have heard the best way if you are already a customer is to call employee accounts, especially if you are not under contract.

* Call up Customer Service 1-800-658-7564 (CS w/o hold time) or Employee Accounts: 1-888-876-8381 Employee Accounts
    ^ Tell the Sprint CSR you have signed up for a Sprint account & you would like to switch your plan to a SERO plan. As a new Sprint customer, you have a 30-day trial period to adjust your plan, call/e-mail to ask for free/discounted perks, etc.
    ^ MAKE SURE YOU TELL THEM TO SWITCH YOU OVER AT THE NEXT PAY PERIOD. (If they switch you immediately, there's a chance you'll get charged twice for your monthly bill)
    ^ You will probably end up calling CS/Retentions several times before finding a nice Sprint CSR who will switch you to SERO. (YMMV) Be patient!
    ^ As a backup, search Google for "@sprint.com" or "@mail.sprint.com" to have a Sprint e-mail address handy incase the Sprint CSR asks for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHARKINWG1
    I know that the sero program is available in my area and I have an employee email address. Does anyone forsee a problem with me buying a $79 treo on ebay and then after my account is set up switching to the sero program? Does anyone else have a better idea? thanks

There seems to be a little catch to the $79.00 plan (I assume youre doing the EBay plan?) They told me 3-4 times to please NOT change the plan in the first 30 days as it might mess up the discount on the phone but after 30days it will be golden. Im waiting on shipment on my unit today so Ill call Sprint CS to see what they say.

Good luck!
    There is no spoon.
    please let me know how that goes. I may just buy the treo if I have to.