Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    jkimcpa, that's what I'm thinking of doing. I've been comparing the prices of what Sprint's selling these SERO phones for to what they're selling for on eBay to see which have the highest profit margin potential. If you don't mind changing numbers or the added hassle, this could be the way to go.
    As I understand you can PORT your number to SERO.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I made a decision that if I can get a 700p for $400 while also joing under a SERO plan I am going to make the switch from VZW. It doesn't make much sense to pay $45 for unlimited data from VZW when I can get that and a voice plan from Sprint for $30 and then I could save more money by reducing my shared minutes on VZW. But I don't think I am going to add the plan now and then buy the 700p at full retail. If I miss it I can live with VZW as I have not had any service issues ever (billing issues are another story but everything has been resolved to my liking).
    jkimcpa, some have had success porting their number. I suspect that if you are persistent and call multiple times (if needed), you can probably do that. I was simply saying that the best deal if you've already met your committment and you don't mind the hassle and don't mind changing phone numbers might be to cancel your current contract, sign up through the SERO site, ebay the SERO phone for a profit, buy a 700p at full price when it becomes available, and then do an ESN swap.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I'm ready to sign up today. i wish I had a real employee's email info so i could feel more confident about it. If someone is able to help please pm me please. when i tried to sign up last night they asked for the email address.
    Quote Originally Posted by elgringo
    I'm ready to sign up today. i wish I had a real employee's email info so i could feel more confident about it. If someone is able to help please pm me please. when i tried to sign up last night they asked for the email address.
    Just walk into a store to "look around." Chat it up a little, than ask sombody for their card so you can get back with them.
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    Ok I got all signed up on the 30 dollar plan. I'll prolly upgrade to the 99.00 2500 minute plan if the service works out well, signal-wise. Now how do i get all the extra goodies that some others have gotten.
    Free text message.
    additional minutes.
    I really would like to go unlimited, do they make deals ?

Please advise. .
    I am with cadams...if I can switch from Verizon and get a Treo 700 on SERO, then i will make the switch. If not, then it wasn't meant to be i guess.
    first off, hi to everyone. this site has been helpful in the best and i finally decided to register. i just wanted to update everyone and let you know that you can still switch to the sero plan. i just did it today. i had a shared plan with 2 lines and now i have 2 sero plans, and i'm saving about $100 a month.

the first time i called the person was not helpful. i called again a couple minutes later and the girl was very nice and helpful, didn't even ask me for an email address. when she asked how i heard about sero, i told her my friend was a store manager. 10 minutes later my plan was switched. so don't give up. try it and you will succeed.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Thanks to the generous info provided by forum members this is what I have so far.

I started with two crappy phones on Cingular.

I got two free 650's with 2 year sprint plan on ebay.

Just switched to two 500 minute sero plans for $30 apiece (everything unlimited included except text messaging which are ten cents each or I can get 100/mo for $5).

Now, two cool phones for less than I was paying before.

Part two- how to get a cheap 700p.... hmmmmm.....any suggestions? Can probably get the $150 rebate....to be continued...

thanks again to everyone for their posts that made this happen- my wife and I are very pleased!!
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    I've had my 2 Treos for 18 months. Are you guys out of contract when signing up for SERO? At what point am I eligable for an upgrade phone discount, is it 18 or 24 months. Just call CS and try until someone gives?
    Thanks,
    DJ
    I got my 700p today in the mail. I called a couple diffrent people and diffrent phone #'s at sprint and didnt get anywhere. Everyone said i would loose my phone #, and couldnt activate the 700p i bought from palm. Retention said the best they could do is a 40$ plan that didnt include anything except minutes....
    Quote Originally Posted by tomas316
    I got my 700p today in the mail. I called a couple diffrent people and diffrent phone #'s at sprint and didnt get anywhere. Everyone said i would loose my phone #, and couldnt activate the 700p i bought from palm. Retention said the best they could do is a 40$ plan that didnt include anything except minutes....
    Who did you get the phone from, Sprint or Palm?
    Did you pay full price, or get it with a plan?
    Are you currently in a contract with Sprint?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by tomas316
    This is what I'm facing as well. I bought the $550 (after developer discount) 700p from Sprint without a plan. I got my phone tonight and tried to call the SERO line to activate it through them but they'll only sell the SERO plan along with a new phone they carry. They told me to call the Sprint activation line. I called that but the guy I spoke with knew nothing about SERO. So then I called the SERO line again, just in case the first SERO rep was mistaken, but the second one told me the same thing.

Not sure what to do at this point. I'll probably try calling the Sprint activation line again and see if I get someone who knows something about SERO.

Any other ideas?

Next option would be to buy a new phone through SERO and do an ESN swap later. But then I'll still have to figure out what to do with my 700p while I wait for the SERO phone to arrive. I suppose I could activate it on my current plan (the one I was going to cancel once I got a new SERO plan operational - I'm not under contract). Or I guess I could call retentions and ask them to switch my current plan to SERO. Meh.
    FWIW, it looks like I may be in great shape now. I finally decided to call the regular business number (my two phone lines are active through the business dept due, I think, to the company discount I get through my day job). The first person I spoke with knew what SERO was and told me that my best bet was probably to go through retentions (I'm not currently under contract). So he transferred me there and I then ended up speaking with another knowledgeable and friendly rep. He was happy to switch my two phone lines over to SERO lines and when asked if I could get a new equipment credit, he obliged there as well. In fact, even though I had only purchased the one new phone so far he went ahead and gave me the full $300 (2 x $150) credit on my account right now. I asked if I'd still get my company discount with the SERO plan and he said yes to that as well. I added insurance to my new 700p, so I'm looking at $66/month minus the company discount (I forget the percentage - probably 20% or so). I just hope it all goes through as expected, but he seemed to know what he was doing.

So I got my 700p for $550 from Palm (developer discount) and get the $150 new equipment credit plus a $30/month SERO plan. Woohoo. And I can upgrade my wife's 600 as well. Hers has been rather flakey, plus I think she'd appreciate the nicer screen of the 650/700p. I'd give her my 650, but it's got problems too (flakey headset jack), so I may splurge and get her a 700p as well.

As if all that wasn't good enough, I'm hoping I can get AmEx to reimburse me for my 650 due to the bad headset jack as I have free extended warranty coverage through my AmEx business card.
    Can someone please send me a referal? (If the offer is still good)...
    check your pm
    Hi all,

I've been watching this thread for a few days, trying to digest all the info. I left Sprint about 3 years ago and I'm ready to try them again.

First, can someone please confirm when the SERO program expires. I know it's sometime around the end of the month, but, I don't have the exact date and I need to know how much time I have to work with.

Next, I've seen a few messages that mention porting numbers to Sprint - and that porting after the SERO plan is activated might be construed a change in the plan and therefore might cause the plan to be removed from the account. Can someone confirm or deny that this is the case for sure?

Since I had trouble with Sprint in my neighborhood before leaving them, I need to use the 14 day trial period to make sure those problems no longer exist today (hoping 2-3 years was enough time to fill in some holes). So, I don't intend to port over my phone number from VZW until AFTER I've had a chance to test Sprint's service for a few days. I want to make sure I'll be able to do this.

Anything else I should know?
    Just got on the SERO plan today and didn't have to change my number! Sweetness for shizzle! I just extended my contract for 2 years.

Everything looks cool online and she said my total bill would be $50 (I share the plan with 2 phones)....I am on the 500 minute shared plan.

Sprint Fair & Flexible Plan

Adjustable Anytime Minutes
    $30.00 Minimum Monthly Charge
    AMERICA - ROAMING Included
    Nationwide Long Distance Included
    Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    Nights: M-Th 9PM-7AM Wknd: F 9PM-M 7AM
    Unlimited Vision Access
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    Caller ID, Call Waiting
    Three-way Calling
    Voicemail

My question, is this consistent with what others are paying that share 2 lines on the same SERO plan? I don't see where the extra $20 charge is online...so maybe my plan is actually $30 for both phones. That would be nice!!! Any experience out there?
    You can't share SERO with another line.