Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    wow, thats so awesome... gonna tear up soon. I was thinking of jumping ship from sprint too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyP
    wow, thats so awesome... gonna tear up soon. I was thinking of jumping ship from sprint too.
    The fine print

Sprint Fair & Flexible Plan Offer: Options: (1) minimum 500 anytime minutes adjustable in 50-minute increments between 501 and 1,000 minutes for $5, with $.10 per minute for usage above 1,000 minutes; (2) minimum 1250 anytime minutes adjustable in 50-minute increments between 1251 and 1750 minutes for $5, with $.10 per minute for usage above 1750 minutes; and (3) minimum 2500 anytime minutes adjustable in 50-minute increments between 2501 and 3,000 minutes for $5, with $.10 per minute for usage above 3,000 minutes.

<snip>

Savings claim of 65% is based on comparison to the $29.99 Sprint PCS Fair & Flexible Plan with 200 anytime minutes.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    This thread has been extremely informative. I'm currently a T-Mobile Treo 600 customer and am looking to switch to Sprint as soon as the 700P comes out. I've read many successful recounts of existing Sprint employees switching to SERO plans, but am unsure of how to proceed since I'm not an existing customer and the device I want (700P) isn't available just yet. Here's a few questions:

1. Is there any indication that the 700P will be a SERO plan available device? (I notice that the PPC 6700 doesn't appear on their site in the device list)
    2. Should I sign up for a SERO plan NOW, with one of the $10 phones so that I can lock this plan in and then add the 700P when it comes out? If so will I be able to use Power Vision once I switch?
    3. To complicate things more, I want to keep my existing number. So when switching to this SERO plan, should I port my number now? Will I be able to stick it on the 700P once I get it?

No sure if these questions can be answered by the community at large or if I'll need some feedback from some Sprint employees. Thanks in advance!
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    I second Jeeter's question. My wife and I have 600's on TMo and have been waiting for the 700p to come out and make the switch to Sprint SERO. Also, we need to add a third non-Treo phone for my teenage son. I would usually opt for a family plan, but SERO is a great deal.

Sounds sketchy to sign up with Sero on phones we don't want, and then pay full price for 700p's and try to switch phones. I guess the alternative is to sign up with 2 yr contracts on 700p's and take the phone discount, then try to switch to SERO- also sound sketchy... :
    I got my discount by giving my employee number and the contract number for HPs contract with Sprint and then called the Sprint rep who handles HP to add the discount to my plan.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter
    This thread has been extremely informative. I'm currently a T-Mobile Treo 600 customer and am looking to switch to Sprint as soon as the 700P comes out. I've read many successful recounts of existing Sprint employees switching to SERO plans, but am unsure of how to proceed since I'm not an existing customer and the device I want (700P) isn't available just yet. Here's a few questions:

1. Is there any indication that the 700P will be a SERO plan available device? (I notice that the PPC 6700 doesn't appear on their site in the device list)
    2. Should I sign up for a SERO plan NOW, with one of the $10 phones so that I can lock this plan in and then add the 700P when it comes out? If so will I be able to use Power Vision once I switch?
    3. To complicate things more, I want to keep my existing number. So when switching to this SERO plan, should I port my number now? Will I be able to stick it on the 700P once I get it?

No sure if these questions can be answered by the community at large or if I'll need some feedback from some Sprint employees. Thanks in advance!

I am in a very similar situation. After 13 years with Cingular, I am taking the SERO and moving when the 700p comes available. For what it is worth, I checked the SERO site several times about 10 days ago and the PPC 6700 WAS available, then a few days later it suddenly wasn't, it might be that they are out of stock .... or something different. Also, I was think the "buy the cheapo" on SERO and then buy the 700 in the store and port it over. I checked in the local store today (5/15) and they had no idea about the 700p or the SERO since they said the SERO is all handled online. I called 800-SPRINT1 and was transferred to customer care, where Tess said that I could buy a cheap phone on SERO, then buy the 700 locally (if it is not available online with SERO) and it would be fine.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas
    I am in a very similar situation. After 13 years with Cingular, I am taking the SERO and moving when the 700p comes available. For what it is worth, I checked the SERO site several times about 10 days ago and the PPC 6700 WAS available, then a few days later it suddenly wasn't, it might be that they are out of stock .... or something different. Also, I was think the "buy the cheapo" on SERO and then buy the 700 in the store and port it over. I checked in the local store today (5/15) and they had no idea about the 700p or the SERO since they said the SERO is all handled online. I called 800-SPRINT1 and was transferred to customer care, where Tess said that I could buy a cheap phone on SERO, then buy the 700 locally (if it is not available online with SERO) and it would be fine.

Hope this helps.
    noahas,

Thanks for the response. If you purchase a cheapo phone on SERO and move the 700P to it, will you have to pay full price for the 700P? Also, if the cheapo phone isn't a Power Vision device, will your SERO account need to be altered to allow for Power Vision?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Sorry, I can't add any more, but my post contained all the information I know from my conversation. I figured that there was no point delving into details when I was on the phone with the customer service from Sprint, as long as they said it was possible .... I could work out the details when the 700p is actually available.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I appreciate it. I sure hope the SERO plans are still available then. If I try the cheapo & switch route, I'll let you know how it goes.
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas

Hope this helps.
    While I think you'll be okay, I hope you made the rep put a note on the account for anything they tell you that's not available in writing on a web site.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Am an existing Sprint customer and tried to switch today. Got 5 different agents in different areas ranging from Customer Service to Retention to Employee sales. Every single one sent me to the website. Looks like they may have cracked down a bit.
  12.    #192  
    Shadowmite says no discounts for sero palnholders.
    So what's the deal? Are you guys going to pay full price ($650 + tax + activation fee).

At that price, I'm probably not going to upgrade.
    Hopefully Palm will come through for us with a $600 price and a free BT headset.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    be ready to pay $40 extra a month to use the 700p as a modem...
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter
    I appreciate it. I sure hope the SERO plans are still available then. If I try the cheapo & switch route, I'll let you know how it goes.
    Acoording to the website, the SERO plans are supposed to be available until the end of June.
    Has anyone tried going to sprint.com/sero entering the employees e-mail address and zip and then clicking on the "order by phone" button? Once there you get a Call code number and then 888-274-9478.

I have a 650 with a 2 year K to expire 11/1/06. I am willing to cancel early and pay the $150 to save monthly BUT I don't want to lose my number. ANybody had any success RECENTLY (after the supposed crack-down on regular to SERO switches)?
    I tried that, but according to the service rep, that's for lines with a phone purchase only. They gave me another number to call (corporate), but that rep said it was only for new contracts, not existing customers.

What a racket.
    I spoke with someone who answered the SERO line and tried to order a phone that was not on the website (not the 700P). The person on the line told me that they only have access to the phones on the website.

I think the only option here is to buy a phone on SERO and pay full retail for the 700P.
    Quote Originally Posted by theswami
    I spoke with someone who answered the SERO line and tried to order a phone that was not on the website (not the 700P). The person on the line told me that they only have access to the phones on the website.

I think the only option here is to buy a phone on SERO and pay full retail for the 700P.
    How about sign up for SERO and get the Samsung A900 for $150, buy the Treo 700P for $650, sell the A900 on ebay for ~$300, net cost to you $500. Will this work? Will they allow you to change ESN that quickly?
    hopefully they will have 700p available in SERO site! X-D
    Quote Originally Posted by batmon
    hopefully they will have 700p available in SERO site! X-D
    I would get my hopes up if I were you.