Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sprint goes dead in some parts of Alexandria, and much to my frustration, I can not get a clear signal in a lot of parts of capitol hill.

Am I the only one experenceing this?
    Honestly, I'll have to say that I've only rarely had coverage issues in the DC/NoVA area (and really, the only place I can recall is on my way to Richmond, and that's not really NoVA). I've got a number of complaints about Sprint, but coverage hasn't been one of them.

(Voice quality, on the other hand . . .)
    Me too. I mean, I'm generally very pleased with Sprint coverage in Fairfax County and DC. There are few places where the signal gets weak, but that's true with any provider.

However, if you really need a signal on Capitol Hill, and can't get one, tht doesn't help you. You might want to call Sprint and ask about coverage there. They might have plans to improve coverage there.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Does Sprint work in the DC metro?

Damon
    NOVA places where my daughter loses connection, like clockwork, with her Sprint phone:
    - Leesburg Pike, in the Bailey's Crossroads area
    - Columbia Pike near Between Lake Barcroft and Little River Turnpike
    - Vicinity of the Pentagon and Navy Annex
    - Behind (west of) Fairfax Hospital off Gallows Road
    I routinely drive tour bus into DC from PA and I've never had a problem. Granted, I'm hitting all the big touristy stops for my passengers, but it's always worked aces for me. Esp when I go to the Hilton and Marriots at night.

-B.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Does Sprint work in the DC metro?

Damon
    Sprint roams onto Verizon's digital network in the Metro. So, if you have a plan that includes roaming, you can do so for no additional charge in the Metro.
    I dunno, I live in Hawaii, and this entire God-forsaken island is pretty much blanketed by Sprint Nextel coverage...
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I get no coverage with Sprint and poor coverage with Verizon whenever I'm on business inside government buildings(in offices with no window access) in and around Capitol Hill. However, I do get very good coverage with Cingular (since late 2004) and mediocre coverage with Nextel(lower band, I guess?).

I have been calling Sprint about this, but all they would do is apologize and offer some kind of retention frill, like $5 credit on my next bill. The impression I get from the techs who followed up on my case was that they think their coverage is adequate, which isn't so. Perhap, not enough people called about it, at least I think so, given Sprint owns and operates one of the largest IP backbone underground there.

FYI, the following link explains why Cingular coverage improved:
    http://cingular.mediaroom.com/index....ases&item=1167
    Do you get data access on the Metro with Sprint roaming on Verizon's network?

Damon
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewT
    Sprint goes dead in some parts of Alexandria, and much to my frustration, I can not get a clear signal in a lot of parts of capitol hill.

Am I the only one experenceing this?
    I work in Alexandria and have four bars routinely, always at least three. I am not experiencing any problems today, or recently. I do know of a reliable dead spot in Falls Church by the metro on Route 66.
    I never get any deasd spots anywhere but I am generally in Montgomery and PG county. Used to work in Reston but didnt get any dead spots there either...

My coverage here has been reliable to a fault. Now Miami on the other hand... Is a different story!

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I dunno, I live in Hawaii, and this entire God-forsaken island is pretty much blanketed by Sprint Nextel coverage...
    That was the nice thing about living there! I always had coverage no matter where I went. Of course...if I was diving up at Shark's Cove people assumed I was out of area since I didn't answer the phone. I'm in a predominantly Verizonized area of New York, but I've still got pretty decent coverage. The trouble areas are fairly easy to remember and sometimes disappear depending on atmospheric conditions.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Do you get data access on the Metro with Sprint roaming on Verizon's network?

Damon
    Nope, data roaming doesn't exist at this point, at least not Sprint-on-VZW data roaming. It's a business barrier, not a technical barrier. Search for "data roaming" and you'll find plenty of rumors about whether it's coming anytime soon.

I typically only have reception problems in the DC area when I'm deep inside a large, older building. Library of Congress, Old Executive Office Building, that sort of thing.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Recently I found as a Sprint user I could send text messages while roaming on Verizon in the DC metrorail system. As has already been said though- web/email does not work.
    Yes. SMS is part of voice service, not data service.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    works fine for me here in alexandria, but increasingly i keep having to make two attempts to load pages when i'm browsing. not sure what that's about, or whether it is somehow related to the soft resets that take place every time I synch my phone
    1st SFG (A)

if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    yeah, I've been having same probs with having to click twice in Blazer...
    I've been having a HORRIBLE time recently with my T600 in Rockville area. Calls dropped, calls don't connect then crash the treo requiring soft reset, incoming calls crashing phone causing it to ring and ring and ring until I do a soft reset.

This is only in the past ~6 weeks.

Was there a firmware update I missed?
    Ditto! I thought it was only me with the page load issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg
    yeah, I've been having same probs with having to click twice in Blazer...
    Hey Bettyboop, I'm in Rockville too! Small world.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast