Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    I think this problem started after installing the most recent Sprint upgrade.

    Treo650-1.13a-SPNT

    It seems like after receiving some number of text messages the Treo will reset itself. The pattern seems to be the number of messages received. In other words, if I get a lot of messages in one day it will crash, but it will work fine for several days without a crash if I only receive a few text messages per day. When it crashes I get this message from dialing ##ERR

    A reset was caused on
    2/6/06 at 5:26pm while
    running "Messaging":

    ../Src/NewMessage.cpp
    , Line:659, error opening
    msIUID

    Any idea what that means or what I can do about it?
  2. #2  
    Having the same thing happen on every incoming text message. After dialing ##377# I get "A reset was caused on 2/22/06 at 11:50AM while running 'Messaging': DataMgr.c, Line:7600, Invalid uniqueID passed"
  3. cphil674's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #3  
    don't know if this helps, but I'm on Cingular and I have the same problem. It looks like VolumeCare is the culprit. Check that angle... I'd have more info but I'm at work right now.
    -Craig J.

    Visor Platinum -= Clie T615CS -= treo 600 -=treo 650 -= Tilt
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
    -Douglas Adams
  4. BenJoeM's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    #4  
    Your Message Database is corrupted use Filez to delete it and Resync

    Do a search of treocentral.com to find more
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cphil674
    don't know if this helps, but I'm on Cingular and I have the same problem. It looks like VolumeCare is the culprit. Check that angle... I'd have more info but I'm at work right now.
    This was a known issue with VolumeCare in the older releases of VolumeCare. I ahve made many posts here at TC alerting people to this program bug.

    Here is a link to the fixed version of VolumeCare: http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=16

    I am again sorry for the problems this older released has caused.

    Jeff
  6. cphil674's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #6  
    Thanks Jeff. Impressive service!! I was going crazy with the constant resets.. I almost bought VolumeCare twice until I found my key buried in one of my Outlook folders. :-)
    -Craig J.

    Visor Platinum -= Clie T615CS -= treo 600 -=treo 650 -= Tilt
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. "
    -Douglas Adams
  7.    #7  
    I don't use VolumeCare so that's not my problem. I will try to delete the message database and see if that helps. Stay tuned...
  8. #8  
    I deleted Volume Care and it still kept doing it. I deleted the message database and it still kept doing it. Now today it magically stopped doing it. Have fingers crossed and wood ready.
  9.    #9  
    OK, I deleted the Messages Database file from both the Treo 650 and from the computer backup directory so that it wouldn't be restored by a hot sync.

    Everthing was fine for about a day and then it reset. Today I have had two resets - due to a server outage I received about 20 text messages over the course of two hours so the extra two resets today confirm my suspicion that it's related.

    After the second reset today I got more aggressive. I deleted the Messages Database file again, and I also deleted everything called SMS something. There were 5 files beginning with SMS and got rid of them all. Then I sent myself a few messages to make sure it still works.

    No idea if this will be the solution, but I'll report back.
  10.    #10  
    Deleting the Messages Database and all SMS files didn't help. About twelve hours after doing that I got another reset, apparently when a new text message arrived.

    So here's the next thing I tested.

    1) deleted the text messages so I didn't have any listed.

    2) sent myself 8 text messages from the Sprint web site. Those all arrived quickly without any problems. I didn't read any of them.

    3) opened the last one that came in, to read it. Then deleted it. Deleted the second to last one without reading it.

    At this point I had received 8 messages, read one and deleted the last two so I still had the 6 oldest messages unread in my in box.

    4) Then I sent myself two new text messages. No problem receiving them.

    5) I was ready to give up on this test so I was going to clean all the message out of the in box. As soon as I pressed the delete button the phone reset. The error message is:

    A reset was caused on
    3/9/06 at 8:39 am while
    running "Messaging":

    ../Src/NewMessage.cpp
    , Line:659, error opening
    msIUID
  11.    #11  
    My problems continue and I'm wonder if it's just me or others having this too?

    Sprint 'Advanced' Tech Support had me hard reset the phone, and delete the Messages Database from the computer backup directory. Then hotsync to restore everything. I received about 10 text messages over the next day and a half before the next reset. The message was a little different this time, but still related to the Messaging application:

    while running "Messaging":

    DataMgr.c, Line:7600,
    Invalid uniqueID passed

    That's the same thing someone earlier in this thread reported.

    Seems like before my update to 1.13a my phone would occasionally reset when a phone call came in. That never happens now, so I guess I'm better off. But it's a little annoying to have the phone reset suddenly in the middle of a meeting.

Posting Permissions